Chapter Sixty Six

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

After the two hours of being anxious, Kyungsoo finally stepped out the delivery room as the present ones move to ask him. But from the looks, looks like it will take time before he can answer.

His shirt is crumpled on the sides, pulled on the right with that frightened look on her face. He appeared to look like he fought his way out.

“Kyungsoo, are you okay?” Chen asked.

“If getting married is like that, then I will not get married,” he sighed, trembling as Chen guides him to sit on the bench near the delivery room.

Dr. Ha Ni moved out, “There you are Mister Kris,” she smiled as she removes the surgical cap on her head, the boys moving to gather near her.

“How is she?” he asked, getting worried, unconsciously reaching for Baekhyun’s hand.

 

“She made it. She’s really strong to get through it without much mess. You can get in there now. Congratulations, you had a healthy baby boy,” she smiled at the relieved Kris.

“Baby boy?” Baekhyun’s eyes widened, as he looks at the other boys.

“Oh, I was wrong,” Dr. Ha Ni grinned at Kris who was about to get inside the delivery room.

“Wae?” Chanyeol asked.

“It’s not actually a healthy baby boy, but two healthy baby boys,” she then gestured Kris to get inside the delivery room.

The boys exchanged looks, not feeling too excited, more like feeling scared from the news.

“Two boys? Uh-oh,” Baekhyun blinked.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The noisy voices in her ears made Sooyoung flutter her eyes open. As expected, the hospital room where she is moved is crowded by the boys. It warmed her heart to see them all in there, her family, the boys, the seven lads and her friends. But the surrounding as of the moment is not good for her since she needs to sleep a lot to recover the strength she lost while delivering.

“Oppa,” she called.

It may be very faint in the real sense but his wife’s voice had been the only voice he loves to hear that no matter how weak it is, it is still very loud in her ears. He turned to look at her, moving to get near her.

 

“Babe, are you okay now? Does it hurt anywhere? Do you want me to call the doctor?” he asked as he held her hand.

She gave a faint smile, “Where is my baby?”

“Are you going to see just the other one?” he smiled.

It hit her that she really did gave birth to a twin, “Will I be needing a name for a girl or a boy?”

“No need because I named the younger one,” he smiled as he gestures over the twins crib a few feet away from her bed.

 

He asked her mother to help him carry the twins.

“This one is the elder, Kyle. The other one is younger by eight minutes, Kirby.” He introduced the two to their mother.

The sight of the sleeping babies overwhelmed her heart as she reaches for them. She held Kyle first, allowing the baby to hold her forefinger as she touched its small closed fists. Kris gets Kirby from Sooyoung’s mother and sat near her as they both admire the innocence displayed by the sleeping babies in their arms.

“How do you recognize which is which?” she asked.

“Kyle has a mole on his ankle,” Kris replied, “But we will soon get to know them once they grow up,” he added.

 

The rest noticed the family on the hospital bed, the couple whispering sweet words as they admire the bundle in their arms.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Sooyoung was discharged after three days. The boys were all very eager to help the couple in handling the twins. They were feed before Sooyoung was discharged. For the meantime, she wants the babies beside her. She only agreed to let them sleep on the adjacent room when they are already a month old.

 

True to Baekhyun’s words, he became the one who decides what the twins wear. Kyungsoo was more on the aspect of taking care of them in general, much like a nanny. Chen was the one left to assist whichever of the two needs help.

 

It was hard to adjust on the first few days. The couple tends to panic whenever one of the two babies cries. But then, at the end of the day, they would sleep together with the twins in between them on the large bed.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The next month, the twins were moved to sleep on their crib on the adjacent room where the door is located inside, on the left side of the master’s bedroom. The two would take turn in tending on the needs of the twins whenever they cry in the middle of the might, but not everything works perfectly forever.

 

Sooyoung had just finished her first shoot after resuming on her work a week before and Kris is exhausted from going about the company and the location to check the progress plus the meetings he had to attend. Both just collapsed on the bed after putting the twins to sleep.

 

The small cry of one of the baby stirred Sooyoung from her sleep. She nudged the tall guy beside him.

“Kris, the baby is crying,” she sleepily turned to look at her husband.

The addressed one didn’t budge.

She tried again, but to no avail. She shook him already when the second baby joined the other in their chorus of cry.

“Yah! Wu Yifan! Get up and get to the twins,” she pushed him to the edge of the bed but he just moved close to her.

When the cries grew louder, she kicked him off the bed, waking up the guy.

“Choi Sooyoung! I am tired, why can’t you just go and get them?” he groaned only to shut up when he saw her glaring like she really would kill

 

Left with no choice, he stood up and went to the nursery room, but the twins stopped crying already. He saw Kyungsoo hushing the two to sleep after feeding each with a bottle.

“How did you get in here?” he asked, rubbing a sleepy eye.

“Getting my room near yours is no good since I can hear you bicker and just let the babies cry,” he replied as he watches the twins sleep.

“Now that they are asleep, make sure you remove the bottle when they are done. It may make them uncomfortable. Be sure that it won’t get past their mouth or the milk will spill,” he reminded the tall guy who just blinks at him.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It was a week after the ribbon cutting of the mall the company has built when Kris decides to have a date with his wife. Since they can’t leave the twins on Kyungsoo alone, Baekhyun and Chanyeol decided to tag along the two. Chanyeol decided to bring the twins with him an Baekhyun as the two goes around the mall for shopping.

“We will be just in here,” Chanyeol smiled at the two as they sat on the round chair in the middle of the mall.

Sooyoung gave them a few reminders before they left.

 

Baekhyun has Kirby on his carrier which he wore in front, same with Chanyeol who has Kyle on his.

“I wonder how it feels to get married and be a dad.” Chanyeol mused as Baekhyun tries to coo sweet words on Kirby.

“Marry Dr. Ha Ni and you will know how it feels,” Baekhyun replied, smiling in amusement when the baby smiled up at him.

“I wish I could but I think that has to wait. She is a busy person and I think things like marriage is way down her list,” he sighed.

 

All of the sudden Kyle stirs from the carrier and starts to cry.

“Oh, look! You made him cry. Stop that drama of yours, you are infecting the baby’s mood,” Baekhyun frowned at him, leaning closer him to hush the crying baby. He was so close, that a few girls misunderstood it.

“Omo, look at that sweet couple over there. They even have babies,” one of the girls pointed over the two.

Chanyeol heard it and looked down at Baekhyun who is busy on hushing Kyle. Somehow, he looks feminine from his get up. He had his hair hidden on a beanie hat and his cloth preference may pass for a girl in some sense, especially the pink hoodie with zippers he is wearing. Can’t help it but between the two of them, Baekhyun may pass as a girl.

“Baekhyun, stop it now. People are whispering about us already,” he whispered at the shorter one.

Baekhyun looked up, disregarding the proximity of their faces, “Let them imagine things,” the he resumed on tending to Kirby when Kyle stopped crying.

 

“She is really beautiful and sure thing that their babies are beautiful too, right?” another girl remarked as she giggles with her group.

“Where could that two be?” Chanyeol gets anxious already.

Good thing, the two came in sight. Another rumor for the girls to feast on.

“Oh, look at that couple. Isn’t that the famous Kris and his wife the model Sooyoung? Daebak! They really look like match made in heaven,” the same girls swoon over the two as they get near. Chanyeol sighed in relief.

 

“So how did my baby Kyle and Kirby behaved?” Sooyoung bent down to check her babies as she gets Kirby’s carrier from Baekhyun.

“Noona, wear this hoodie. It might get chilly later on,” Baekhyun said as he removes his hoodie much to the astonishment of the girls.

“Eh? He is a guy? Omo! What a cute guy!”

 

Baekhyun can only roll his eyes at the ladies. Kris took Kyle from Chanyeol as the two moves to get to shop for the babies clothes. Good thing that the couple wore something comfortable since bringing the baby around is not an easy job.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Oppa, don’t forget to put the mittens on them okay?” Sooyoung reminded her husband for the last time before she kissed him and left.

He was free for that day so he decided to look after the twins, with Chen, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo went downstairs to clean the feeding bottles; Baekhyun gathered all the used baby clothes as Kris went to his study room to check some papers leaving Chen on looking at the twins.

 

Just as forgetful as he is, he forgot to remind Chen to let the twins wear their mittens. He was distracted on playing with the responsive Kyle that when he looked at the other one, he almost screamed in fright when he saw the blood flowing near the eye of Kirby. He immediately wiped it off before rushing out to get to the boys.

“YAH! KIRBY’S EYE IS BLEEDING!”

 

In a flash all the three are upstairs rushing to get to the nursery room. Kris almost strangled the guilty Chen when he saw the wound on his child’s face but Kyungsoo was quick to stop him.

“Let’s bring him to the hospital, don’t think of fighting in here,” he calmly stated as he presses a clean cloth on the wound before lifting Kirby off the crib.

“You two stay here and watch over Kyle and don’t even think of doing the same thing, arasseo? Get me the mittens,” he instructed them as he let Kris put the mittens on Kirby’s hands before they went down to get to the hospital.