Chapter Thirty Eight

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Everything rolled back to normalcy right after the holidays. Both of their schedules got flooded when they both got back to work. Parties and the likes flooded hers that one time she was not able to have one of the boys to be with her just as what Kris reminds her for the same incident way back during Christmas to happen again. It was a surprise one because right after briefing her about her monthly schedule, her manager immediately asked her to change since they will be going to attend a very important party.

 

She tried to call each of them, but none picked up her call even when they arrived on the place of event. She was wearing a strapless black gown with black stiletto heels. The flashes of camera flooded her way when she got out of her car. Reporters here and there throw questions on her about almost everything regarding her life and she responds to it, filtering what she would spill though.

 

It was a fashion event as she was one of the primary guests. She sat near the stage and watched the models walk on the stage that the music muffled the ringing of her phone. Right after the mini fashion show, the invited people scattered about the wide garden to socialize and grab some food to eat. She was able to meet key persons and even Luhan’s wife.

“Joo In-ah,” she gave the woman a hug which Joo In reciprocated.

“Does Luhan know about this?” she asks after parting.

 “Yeah, he picked me up in the airport, but I have to be home right after the event. This was just one of those special events I should not miss since my cousin Drew is one of the biggest stockholders,” she replied.

“Then you should have then stayed in here instead, rather that stay in Europe,” she reached to hold Joo In’s hands.

“I have memories of this place which made me escape,” she smiled back at Sooyoung which the latter picked up easily.

“Are you with Kris?” Joo In asked after a few moments of silence.

“Aniyo, and I am pretty sure he will get mad at me since none of the boys is with me,” she sighed.

“Hey, it’s not bad to have someone caring for your safety,” Joo In squeezed her hand when a guy approached them.

 

“Joo In-ah, who is this pretty lady beside you?” the guy asked.

Sooyoung must admit that the guy is indeed charming, oozing with appeal in which Joo In did not fail to notice her expression.

“Sooyoung, this is my cousin Drew and this is Sooyoung, Kris’ wife,” Joo In did the introduction.

“Pleased to meet you,” Drew reached to kiss the back of her hand.

Sooner, they are already talking about stuffs and all regarding modeling.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It was around eleven thirty when Sooyoung got home. She was not surprised to see Kris leaning by the stair’s railings.

“So Cinderella finally realized to leave the ball since the spell will be broken eh?” he crossed his arms, sounding mad.

“Kris, Cinderella went home when the clock strikes twelve. I am half an hour early so I do not count as Cinderella wannabe,” she replied, removing her heel which had been killing her since earlier.

“I don’t give a damn. Now why did you attend that party alone? What did I remind you about?” he asked making her sigh, stopping on the foot of the stairs to look up at him a few steps up the stairs.

“I had called all of you but no one picked up and I cannot just miss that since I am a primary guest. It’s not like every day I get the same opportunity. Besides Joo In and her cousin is in there,” she explained.

“Oh, really? So that is why you didn’t answer any of my calls huh?” he asked again.

“I saw all those missed calls and I swear I did not mean to miss them. It was probably muffled by the sound of the mini fashion show,” she relayed again, feeling too tired.

“So I should blame the music then?”

She heaved a loud sigh and looked up at him, already mad at his pointless questions. “Kris I am tired, I need to take some rest. I have already gave you my reasons so why can’t you just be glad that I came back in one piece rather than interrogate me with pointless questions? You are so ridiculous,” she rolled her eyes and walked past him only to be stopped by his hold on her arm.

“So this is how it would be? Finally forgetting just how you trembled in fear when they trailed you and Meilin?” he hissed.

“This is something different from what had happened when I was with Meilin and who was at fault in here? Me who forgot to pick up your missed calls or you who forgot to pick up mine?” she turned her head and removed his grasp on her arm and proceeds on getting to her room leaving Kris to just pull his hair in frustration.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The very next day, it was as if nothing happened when Kris was surprised by Sooyoung’s bright greeting with a kiss to go with. ‘Did I had a nightmare last night or she is drunk that she already forgot about what had happened?’ he thought as he puts his arms around her waist while they are moving to go to the dining room for breakfast.

 

“Oppa, I squeezed an evening party on your schedule for the next day. I already informed Jongsuk about that,” she smiled at him while having her breakfast.

He just gave a nod, not totally getting what she really says. The boys cheered from the mere mention of the word party.

 

“What’s your schedule today?” he asked her.

“I am free so I will just organize the party with Kyungsoo and Suho,” she replied.

“Okay,” he replied and goes on with his breakfast, thinking that the party she is talking about is something regarding her career.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It was a very long day, well as for Kris. There had been many things to be fixed at the office since they had been away for the holidays for long and with all the monitoring  and stuffs, he finally ends the day feeling like he could sleep a thousand years.

“Jongsuk, let’s go,” he motioned his secretary to bring for him his attaché case.

He kept on yawning on the way out that even when they got to the elevator, he even leaned for a while inside and closed his eyes.

He immediately fell asleep on the backseat of the car since he asked the two, Jongsuk and Woobin to send him home.

 

The very atmosphere of the place he called home was not as what he expects when he arrives. There are cars parked outside the vicinity of the house and merry music could be heard from the inside.

Without even waiting for Jongsuk’s explanation, he moved outside and started to fix his looks in a rush, hoping not to look so haggard and tired and went inside.

 

There are people enjoying a party on his massive garden, including the boys and of course his wife.

‘The hell with this party! This woman better have a good explanation this time,’ he angrily thought and walked with a casual look as some of the guests greeted him.

Being the stern him, he just gave them a thrifty smile replying that he needs to greet his wife first.

 

When Sooyoung saw him, she barely recognized the tired and angry expression he has. Being the sweet wife in the picture, she smiled and reached to pull him in a kiss. “Hello there handsome,” she greeted afterwards.

Kris gave a fake smile and started to lead her to a more secluded area of the garden but she stopped him.

“What is wrong with you?” she asked, stopping him from pulling her further.

“I should be the one asking that, what this crap all about is.” he glared at her.

“I informed you already ahead so don’t give me this kind of attitude in here, why are you so frustrated about a party huh?” she glared back.

“Because I am not sure if everyone in this party is not an enemy or a threat.”

“Don’t worry; I had all the guests filtered if that’s what you are afraid of. And everyone in here knows that we are married, so why don’t you just be a good host and entertain them? At least all my efforts would not be put into waste, right?” then left him even before he could think of a reply.

 

He took a few deep breaths before he turned around to do as what she instructed. For the mean time, he needs to be at least civil and professional in dealing with guests. For the first half an hour, he was good at it, but when he felt his body suddenly had the need to rest for standing and walking around too much, his replies became very brief and would usually avoid conversation. He almost had the urge to yell at all these people so they can finally go home, but then whenever he sees his wife glaring at him, he stops himself.

 

“Kyungsoo, tell Sooyoung that I’ll go and get a break in my study room. I don’t want anyone disturbing me not unless to tell me that this freaking party is over, got it?” then left the big-eyed lad to just nod at him.

“What’s with that dragon?” Baekhyun asked when he saw Kris walking inside the house.

“I don’t know but looks like he is about to breath fire into me. Must be too tired,” Kyungsoo replied.

“But the party is fun,” Baekhyun stated taking a sip on his wine.

Kyungsoo just shrugged it off and took a drink on his champagne.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Thank you very much for coming. I hope you enjoyed the night,” Sooyoung waved to the last guests to leave the house before finally closing the door.

The demolition team she hired is already on the move to clean the garden. The boys are already on to their rooms since it’s already twelve in the midnight. For her part, she needs to first monitor the hired people so they can finish their work earlier.

“Just pick the other materials you had brought in here later in the morning. You just have to clean the whole place first,” she instructed as the team starts their work.

She picked up a wine glass and a bottle of wine and proceeds to get to the table intended for the user of the pool. She filled her glass and watched the group work on tidying the place. The water on the pool illuminated into her as she heaved a tired sigh, leaning on the chair.

 

It was about half past one when the team starts to pack up. She grabbed her glass and the bottle of wine, leaving it on the crate of bottles.

“Ma’am, we will just pick up the tables and the other materials by nine,” the head of the team informed her as she hands them the payment.

“I’ll give the extra credit when you pick these up okay? Maybe Kyungsoo will be the one to entertain you,” she replied. The team gave a bow and started to leave. For the last time, she closed and locked the front door. She removed her stiletto heels and finds the cold floor soothing for her aching feet.

 

“Tired?” she looked up to see her husband, leaning by rails.

“Are we going to repeat the same scenario again?” she asked, feeling too tired and sleepy already.

“Then explain,” he crossed his arms.

He had not changed, still clad in his black suit.

“I already explained. I informed you about this party since I informed Jongsuk about it. The guests are all filtered, everyone in the guest list knows we are married and the boys are all present so what would you argue about?” she looked up at him.

“The fact that you held a party in here,” he replied.

She felt like she wants to strangle him to death when she heard his reason. “You are so worked up in getting mad at me because I held a party in here? Kris, just how childish can you get? You are so ridiculous!” then stormed past him, breathing hard to ease the frustration building up. Because if she stays and bickers with him, she might not be able to hold back and scream at his face.

 

“Don’t you dare turn your back on me, Miss Choi Sooyoung,” he hissed dangerously that it made her stop on her tracks. But she is mad also, “Addressing me as Miss? Why? What would you do if I turn my back on you this time?” she taunted him. When he was not able to reply, she proceeds on to get to her room and slammed the door shut, letting it echo on the silent house.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

By around four in the morning, he slowly turned the knob of her room. After getting inside without much noise, he slowly walked to get near her bed, sitting on the bedside to look at her sleeping face. He had finally cooled down and realizes his mistake. ‘So much for being childish,’ he thought as he brushed off some hair away from her face.

 

“I’m sorry Sooyoung. I should have listened to your explanation. I should have been with you in sending those guests home and monitoring the demolition team in tidying up the place. I am just so stressed from the rush of works in the company and other stuffs. I’m so sorry,” he slowly reached to hold her hand, bringing it on to his face to kiss it.

 

He stayed there for a while, just watching her sleep. He took notice the very small details of her features up to the steady rise of her body from breathing.

“Just where would I be if I did not end up with you?” he whispered, tracing her right ring finger where a ring should be.

Yes, they were married, but there are no rings involved when they took the vow. Courtesy to what Mrs. Wu had ordered since she does not want the two to reveal their marriage yet in public.