Chapter Twenty One

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

HELLO!!! I AM BACK! FINALS ARE WAY OVER NOW! ALL I HAVE TO DO IS PREPARE FOR MY SUMMER CLASSES. SO FOR YOU GUYS, HERE'S MY UPDATE! I HOPE YOU LIKE IT..

~kevinandme~

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

The very next day, the whole group dissipates leaving the married one behind. The ten boys went shopping; the seven lads with Minki went to look for a souvenir shop while Sehun and Jinri went on a date. Kris is busy on his laptop, monitoring his office works while Sooyoung lay down the couch playing on her iPad. Without worrying about the world, she turned up the volume of the game. Too occupied that even when Kris gave her a warning, she barely took notice of.

 

Getting worked up from giving her same warning for countless times, he stood up and grabbed the gadget from her hands.

“Wae?” she protested, reaching to get it from his grasp.

“I have been warning you to lower down the volume but you would not listen. I better get this from you so you won’t disturb me again,” then turned to get back to his seat when Sooyoung pulled him down the couch. She straddled above him, locking him in place.

“Are you going to give that to me? This summer vacation is supposed to be fun and work free,” she leaned down to .

A chuckle escapes his lips as he leans forward to kiss her when the door burst open with the others. Everyone stood frozen on spot when they saw the provocative position. But the couple seems to be oblivious of their visitors standing by their doorway.

Chen, who came in last, stopped when he saw the crowd by the door. He pushed himself to get through, yelling, “YAH! Let me through!”

 

The sound of Chen’s voice made Sooyoung part from the kiss, pushing down Kris on the couch that seems to be eager to continue what they are doing a while ago.

“The kids are here,” she whispered.

“Then let them stay there,” he tried to lean forward but she just smiled and pushed him down before getting off him.

When she looked at the crowd by the door, all of them had their jaw dropped.

“We are married so quit that reaction. Did you happen to cover the maknae’s eyes?” she smiled at them.

It was Suho who gave a nod, “Should we go back later?” he asked.

“No, you can come inside,” she said and went to get her iPad as Kris pulls himself to get back to his laptop.

 

They formed a circle after ordering pizza and chicken for lunch. Everyone’s getting noisy from what they had just done a while ago.

“Noona, I bought something for you,” Jungkook reached to get a paper bag from behind him.

“Oh, Jungkookie is so thoughtful! Thank you!” Sooyoung gladly reached to receive the present. She looked at the content and marveled at the beautiful red sweater.

“Waa~ kyeopta!” she tried the sweater and turned to show it to her husband.

“It’s cute right? Look how thoughtful Jungkook is,” she smiled at the blushing maknae.

“Unnie, there’s still another one in the bag,” Jinri who is sitting beside her, handed her again the bag.

When she removed the item, it’s another red sweater.

“You bought two?” she asked.

“Aniyo, Jungkook actually bought one, but then I saw that one so I bought it for hyung. That sweater actually comes in pair. Jungkook just bought the one for the female,” V smiled at Kris.

Kris grinned at his wife while the latter rolls her eyes amidst the tease from the group.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Dinner had been fun that the kids even stayed for a while to do some games. Sooyoung decided to walk by the shore to relax a bit. Their one week stay had been very fun. They did some shopping together, visiting landmarks of Jeju Island, taking pictures and of course having food trips on some known restaurants. She made sure that everyone gets their share of enjoyment before they leave the place. The will leave tomorrow afternoon so the rest decided to do the swimming tomorrow before they leave.

 

Seeing a rock from a far, she walked to sit on it. The sea is calm, light waves touch the shore with the loud voices of the others as her background.

“Sooyoung?”

She turned her head to the direction of the voice and gasped. There goes Changmin, walking to get to where she is.

“Changmin oppa,” she gasped, surprised by the sudden appearance of her crush.

“What are you doing here?” he asked, settling to stand beside her.

“I am with my friends, a week vacation,” she replied, turning around to hide the blush on her face.

 

Although she had been married, the effect of Changmin on her is still strong. Others might say she does not love her husband but something about the way Changmin carries himself and the certain charisma he exudes brings out the fan girl in her.

“You are with the girls?” he asked.

“Aniyo, my other batch of friends and with my two cousins too,” she smiled.

 

There was silence.

“How’s life?” he asked again, looking at the vast sea.

“Been good so far. I am just waiting for the call from the company where I got accepted to so I can start my work.”

“That’s good to know. I heard from the girls that you are single,” he looked down at her.

She looked up at him, unsure on how to respond.

‘Should I say I am married or not?’ she thought, taking a gulp. She just avoided his eyes, looking down.

 

“UNNIE!” Jinri’s voice interrupted the growing awkward atmosphere.

Both of them turned and never had Sooyoung felt so relieved.

The younger girl gasped and slowed down when she recognized the guy standing beside Sooyoung.

“Oppa, meet my cousin Jinri,” Sooyoung stood up to introduce her.

Jinri made a polite bow before Sooyoung introduced Changmin.

“So why are you here?” Sooyoung spared her cousin a look.

“Um, the rest are looking for you,” she replied trying to give her older cousin a silent message through her eyes.

“Is that so? Then I guess, I have to go,” Sooyoung spared the guy a look.

“Can I at least have your number?” he asked, a bit hesitant.

She smiled and reached to get her phone, asking for his number also.

 

When they already left, Jinri immediately looked at her older cousin, “Unnie, why did you give him your number? Kris Oppa might get mad at you.”

“Unless you would tell him that I gave my number,” she looked down at the younger one.

“But Unnie, that’s bad.” Jinri pouted over Sooyoung.

“Aniyo, he’s just an old friend.”

“Then why are you blushing? And you can’t even remove that smile on your face like you have seen your crush? Do you even love Kris Oppa?”

The last question changed Sooyoung’s expression. ‘Do I really love Kris? Or I am just playing the role of the wife he wants?’ she thought.

She didn’t even noticed Jinri leaving her since she got rooted on her place. Questions about her feelings toward her husband plagued her mind.

Jinri’s questions stirred her heart, leaving her speechless as she lifts her gaze to look at Kris who is making its way to get to her.

 

Kris was just startled when she asked her something all of the sudden.

“Kris, do you love me?”

Kris slowed down, stopping right in front of her, “Sooyoung, are you okay?”

“I’m asking you, do you love me?” she asked again.

“Do you really have to ask about how I feel for you? What kind of husband who does not love his wife?”

“Then show me.”

Her blunt request or rather, demand froze him for a while. With a warm smile, he reached to cup her face, letting their forehead touch.

“Is something confusing you?” he whispered.

She reached to remove his hands but then the loss for words on how to explain what she feels made her drop her hand and sigh.

“You must be confused, let me take you to our room,” he volunteered, lifting her off the ground.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The sun’s heat is just right for their skin when they all went out with their swimming dress for their last day. They will leave this afternoon so they will make the best of it. Jinri was not allowed to wear any bikini because Minki opposed to it, so as Sehun and Sooyoung, so she decided to not just take a bath. Sooyoung, on the other hand, had a battle with her husband as to what to wear. In the end, she had to put on her black shorts and black sports bra.

“Noona, are you going out for a jog?” Luhan asked her when she got to their table.

“Blame my husband,” she rolled her eyes and sat on the bench.

“Noona, don’t be sad. Kris’ just being protective,” he laughed, arranging the food on the table since the rest left him that chore after losing on the never ending rock-paper-scissor game.

“Being protective but making me the laughingstock of the crowd,” she stood up and decided to help him finish arranging the stuff.

 

“Luhan, how would you know that you love someone?” she asked when they are done. She decided to just join him by their hut since he can’t get into the water later. He catches cold easily.

“Do you doubt Kris?” he asked instead.

“Aniyo, I am just curious as how would you know if you love that person.”

Luhan tried to think, “Well, as far as my brain can help, you suddenly feel butterflies in your stomach when you are with that someone; then you suddenly stutter whenever you talk to him; you crave for his presence, his touch; simply you can’t live without him, did that help?” he looked at her.

“Then why don’t I stutter when I talk to Kris? I don’t feel butterflies either,” she looked back at him.

“Because he is your husband. But do you crave for his presence? Do you feel incomplete whenever you are not with him? What do you feel when you are with or without Kris?” Luhan asked again.

“Nothing worth noting. Does that mean I do not love him?” she asked, looking alarmed.

Luhan was left speechless, confusing himself too from their conversation.

 

Getting bored from waiting, she decided to take a walk. She had walked a quite distance when two girls in bikini called her attention. ‘The flirts,’ she thought rolling her eyes before faking a smile when she faced them.

“Hey there Sooyoung!” the blonde one greeted her.

She just widens her smile in response.

“We heard you got married already? Is it true?” the other one asked, flipping her hair and checking Sooyoung’s get up.

‘I will kill Kris later once they start talking about my outfit,’ she thought again.

“Yes, it was sudden. You know it when parents happen to feel the old age,” Sooyoung replied.

“So who’s your husband? I mean we never saw you dating when we were still block mates,” the blonde one asks again.

“Well, he’s – “ she was cut short when the two starts to squeal.

“Omo! Is that the Kris everyone talks about? Oh my! He’s so hot and so gorgeous!” the blonde one starts to arrange her hair, somehow making her s appear as the center of her beauty.

“Like he is so damn hot! I wish I could be the girl he marries,” the other one ignored Sooyoung, tidying up herself too.

 

Sooyoung turned around to see Kris going on their way.

“He’s coming this way. Hey Sooyoung, step aside. We don’t want our moment to be ruined,” the blonde one pushed Sooyoung on the side, making the tall one stumble a bit.

Sooyoung smirked as she watched Kris walk in all his glory towards them making the two flusters and act flirty towards her husband.

“Jagiya, why are you here? You should be with the rest. Lunch is already served,” Kris moved to wrap his arm on Sooyoung’s waist making the two gape at her.

“I got bored waiting for you,” she smiled, leaning on him.

“So who are these ladies, if you don’t mind?” Kris gestured over the two ladies who were still frozen from what they had just witnessed.

“These are my former classmates,” she gestured over them, “Ladies, meet my husband, Kris,” she smiled at the two.

The other one managed to gave a polite bow, “Nice meeting you,” she said.

“Would you want to join us for lunch?” Kris asked earning a pinch from his wife on the sides. He looked down at her and finds her smile somewhat telling him not to do it.

“Aniyo, we are fine. Actually we are about to head back to our hut,” the same girl replied and pulled away the frozen blonde who almost tripped on their way back.

 

“So who are they?” Kris asked again while they are going back to their hut.

“Some colleagues whom I don’t know actually. We were together for two semesters, but then they transferred to another university,” she replied.

“Then why did you pinched me?”

“For inviting them. It’s like you served yourselves to them in a golden platter. No matter what the situation is, whether the guy is married or not, once they settle on it, those two would pursue him relentlessly.”

Kris grinned, “Are you afraid that I may get seduced?”

“Wae? Is it impossible?” she looked back at him.

“Depending on the situation. But since I am married, I prefer my wife over those ladies,” he bent down to silence any protest that would escape his wife’s mouth.

 

Later while they are already down the parking lot, before they finally part for their own van, she asked him again.

“Kris, how would you know that you love someone?” Sooyoung asked.

Kris looked at her with shock, “Why do you ask?”

“What do you feel when I am with you? When I am without you? What do you feel when I hold your hand or when I cuddle next to you?” she asked looking straight into his eyes, somehow frightening him.

He was left speechless for a moment.

“Let me ask you again, do you love me?” she asked again.

That’s when he completely froze in his place, unable to think straight from the sudden query.

“Or you just play the role of being my husband?” she added.

 

The arrival of the rest broke the growing awkward and uncomfortable silence between the two. Before she went to the other van, she tiptoed and kissed him lightly on the lips.

Something about the kiss, that very brief contact of his lips on hers made him wonder what does he really feel for her.

‘Do we really love each other or we are just eagerly playing our roles in this marriage?’ he thought.

“Hyung! Come on now, we don’t want to be late on our flight,” Suho tapped him by the shoulder startling him. He smiled and followed him to finally drive since the other van had started to move.

While they are on the road, Suho the stereo, letting Exo’s track ‘What is Love’ fill the silent van.