Chapter Forty One

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Just as what Lay had offered he really went on a date with Hyoyeon. They went around the city as to where Hyoyeon would want to go. All throughout the day, that very beautiful smile never left her lips. It was actually a dream come true for her to have a day with him. Despite all those things that had happened and will probably bound to happen, it’s not that bad to wish for happiness right?

 

 Lay unconsciously held Hyoyeon’s hand while they are going to the place where he plays. It’s a prestigious restaurant where he is paid to play the piano twice in a week. A smile got tugged on her lips as she remembers the very first time she saw him on this very place, more than three years ago.

 

*HYOYEON’S REMINISCENCE, (Third person P.O.V)*

 

With her rugged looks, her blonde hair falling and swaying with every move she does, Hyoyeon enters the restaurant where her employer was supposed to be. It’s not her first time to have this kind of job; but from the way this person sets up places for meet ups makes her think that this one is not just like those she had dealt with previously.

 

A waiter approached her when she got inside. “Any reservations ma’am?”

She gave the name of the person she would meet and the waiter readily bowed, asking her to follow his lead.

Everything about the restaurant screams luxury, money, gold, and the word ‘elite.’

The sight would make someone gape at the decorations that seems to sparkle from the light, but for her it’s something scary.

She was lead to a table, almost secluded from the whole place. A guy who looks like in his mid thirties stood up, smiling at her.

“Miss Hyoyeon, I presume?”he asked.

She gave a nod as he gestures her to take her seat opposite his.

“I would not do introductions since I know that for a very talented girl like you, you may have known every bit of information about me, am I right?” he smiled as a waiter served them with an appetizer.

 

“So what made you choose me for this?” she asked, not even bothering to take a look at the served appetizer.

“It’s bad to let the food go cold, shall we enjoy a meal first before we go into details?” he looks at her, his eyes somehow looking so scary.

She sighed and abides to it as she joined him in his meal.

As their main course was being served, a very soft melody rung about the whole restaurant. A very calming piano piece being played made her look at who is playing the piano. That was the very first time he saw him, behind those keys, playing a piece she didn’t know but is so soothing for the ears.

 

“This is why I love about this certain restaurant that I would not waste my time to fly in here from China. Their pianist isa very talented guy. You see, he plays the piano with no music sheets. He just has to listen to the piece and the next thing he would play it for you, sometimes better,” the voice of her current employer made her turn her head.

“What is his name?” she asked, getting mesmerized at the face behind the piano. A dimple appears on his face as a smile gets painted into his handsome face.

“That is something I don’t know,” her employer just resumed on his meal.

For the whole main meal course, she would steal glances on that guy that she was saddened when he left the piano after three pieces.

 

“So what is it that you want me to work on?” she looked at her current employer again.

“Well, from your previous records, I might say you are pretty impressive that I might hold you for a bit longer than most of the works you had before. You see, this assignment that I am about to give you is something that most people like you had failed to do. Since you are highly recommended, I presume you can work on it perfectly,” the man smiled again.

“I hate people beating the bush, why don’t you spill already the details?” she crossed her arms, somehow annoyed by the talking.

 

“I want you to get some documents regarding some business plans of this guy,” he handed her a folder with a picture and some papers regarding her new target.

“You mean, you want me to steal documents? I can just hack it for you,” she studied the picture of the guy.

“Hacking it would only prolong the time. No one has able to penetrate his online business dealings, accounts and the likes. He has friends who are very skilled on matters regarding the World Wide Web and the topic regarding hacking and files and all those computer technical terms.”

“Isn’t he too young to be at this limelight in business world? I might mistake him as some kind of a model or something instead. I can’t believe he is actually a CEO,” she folded the folder.

“Yes, too young actually to be in the world of business,” the man replied, leaning on his chair.

“So I just have to get those documents and give it to you?” she asked.

“Yes, but as what I have said, I might hold you a bit longer, so expect more of those same assignments. I am proud to tell you that I am your new employer starting this moment and your previous employer had already made sure of that. Don’t worry, I will double what you get from your previous employer, I will also shoulder your college expenses, provide you a nice apartment full of necessities and a car, so how does that sound?” the man smirked.

 

The offer was so sweet and tempting. Since she had been so bored about her previous employer who had been delaying her salary that she agreed to it, signing the contract. She was not sent by her father to that academy to waste everything on someone who does not pay handsomely. Besides, a top student like her on that academy in all aspects gives her the opportunity to live as some kind of high class spy agents she always admire on those movies when she was small.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Ever since she learns about that guy who always plays in that restaurant every Monday and Friday, she would drop by at the restaurant on those days for a meal and to watch him play the piano. She was so caught up at his performance. She learns also that his name is Lay, a Chinese guy who lives around, living with some friends and works as a pianist in here. No matter as how she tries to look for more things about him, she can’t just find a proper profile of him.

 

Even during her college days, with her eight friends, she would ask them to join her in having a meal at that restaurant just to see him. But since that restaurant is too heavy for her friend’s pockets, she just have to resort on going there alone.

 

How she wishes to talk to him, be friends with him, but then right after he finishes his shift, he would just disappear. She asked for his address on the manager but then they would resort to things like, ‘We don’t give information regarding our employees.’

 

Her prayers were answered when she learns that her friend will be married to that guy’s friend. Right after their wedding, she was so glad to be friends with him, get the chance to talk to him and even the chance to get his real name, which her bestfriend really supplied.

 

But then, when she finally got his profile, she was just shocked as his whole background was unraveled in her eyes. That crucial information she learned made her cry for nights that it made her wish to end her contract with her employer. Yet, all those perfect and flawless assignments she had accomplished made it hard for her to do so. It made the situation more complicated in her point of view. It’s really a mistake to develop those feelings first hand. The very mistake she had made when she signed that contract was to come back on the same place to look for him thus strengthening her feelings for him.

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

“Hyo, are you okay?” Lay’s voice woke her up from her reverie. She just smiled at her.

“Why are we here?” she asked, although she knows why they are there.

“Well, I have a job in here as a pianist. So would you wait for me at the bar while I finish off my three pieces?” he asked when they got inside.

“Okay, I’ll wait for you,” she replied as he let’s go of her hand. They part ways at the entrance.

 

While he is playing the piano, she can’t help but let those tears fall from her eyes. She wiped it and smiled at him when he looks at her. ‘Just what would you do to me once you learn who am I?’ she thought. But for the mean time, she let the melody take away whatever she feels as of the moment. She let herself be drowned on the mellow music being played by the guy she is so into.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Right after his shift, he joined her on the way to the bus stop.

“Thank you for this day,” she smiled as they wait for her bus to arrive.

“Did you enjoy it?” he asked, returning the smile.

“So much.”

 

For a while, the silence made her relax, together with the feel of his hand on hers. But then, all of the sudden, she was pulled around to face him. It was so quick and very sudden that it barely registers in her mind how he was able to gently hold her face, letting their lips meet midway. It was only when he starts to animate that kiss when she came to understand the situation she is as of the moment. The kiss is so dangerously sweet that she closed her eyes to feel it.

 

He moved his other hand down her waist to pull her closer; deepening the kiss that it took her breath away. When they parted, both were catching their breath, their foreheads touching. He gently caressed her face, “You’re beautiful,” he whispered.

She blushed, unable to respond since her heart seems to burst and jump right out of her chest.

 

The moment was perfectly ruined by the bust stopping. She finds it hard to let go, but then she have to. With one last quick peck on his lips, she ran to get inside the bus that moved right after she got inside.

Once seated, she opens the window to let the night wind fan her and take away the blush on her face. Her finger suddenly touches her lips, the very lips that Zhang Yi Xing kissed a while ago. The very same Zhang Yi Xing which she came to know as Lay whom she fell in love.