Chapter Twenty Three

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

The seven of them lined up in front of him, facing him with their head bowed down.

“From the guilty looks of you, it seems like they had been doing that for a quite while now, right?” he eyed each of them.

They replied with a consecutive nod.

“And none of you bothered to tell it to me? Why?” he asked again, his voice low and dangerous.

“Hyung, noona asked us to keep it as a secret,” Jin explained.

“And you are more willing to see a married woman flirt with another guy?” he asked, completely silencing the seven of them.

“I hope nothing like this happens in the future,” the turned around to pick up Sooyoung’s thing and asks Sooyoung to follow her outside.

 

“Hyung, what would happen to Noona?” Jungkook looked at Jin.

“I think we are not anymore allowed to meddle this time,” he pats the maknae’s shoulder as they watch the car leave the parking lot.

 

It was only after a few minutes when they arrived at home. The rest are all in the living room but when none of the two greeted back, they just exchanged looks.

“Seems like they will have their first fight,” Luhan sighed.

“I wonder on what issue,” Suho looked at the two disappearing on a corner upstairs.

 

Kris opened the door of his room and left it open for his wife to get inside. When she stepped inside, Kris slammed the door shut, startling Sooyoung.

“I believe you owe me an explanation,” he turned around and stared at her bowed head.

There was silence, Sooyoung stayed silent, unable to find ways on how to start first.

“Mianhe,” was all that came from .

“If sorry could fix everything then there will be no war, no arguments and no divorce,” he emphasized the last word making her lift her head.

“Why would you do that?” he asked again, moving a step closer.

“I- I don’t know, I …” she found herself breathless and speechless.

“Am I incompetent? Am I incapable? Am I useless and unfaithful THAT YOU WOULD FIND WAYS TO CHEAT ON ME?” his voice rose, making her shiver from the loudness.

Those words pierced her, bringing tears into her eyes.

“You think I don’t know who that guy is? He is Shim Changmin right? A former crush? Or still someone special?” She immediately looks up at him, confirming his words from the way her eyes widened.

 

“If you feel like you already hate this marriage then my door is always open for a divorce,” he seethed and went past her to get outside the room.

The moment he left the door, her knees gave way as she broke down in tears. Looks like tonight will be another sleepless night.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Sooyoung stayed by her room the whole day, feeling helpless and weak. The thought of stepping out and seeing her husband is enough to shake her knees from embarrassment, hurt and other emotions she can’t pinpoint. It was around lunch when the boys flooded inside her room.

“Noona, let’s go out for lunch,” Sehun offered right after he got inside.

“I’m not hungry,” she whispered, looking back on her phone.

They all exchanged looks. Since when Sooyoung said no to food?

Suho and Xiumin sat on her bed, “What’s wrong?” Suho asked.

Sooyoung stayed silent, tears coursing down her eyes.

“We didn’t mean to be rude, but we heard everything. I might say, that was a bad thing to do,” Xiumin patted her shoulder.

“I was so confused. I don’t know why I did that, I just don’t understand how I really feel. Are we really into each other? Do we really love each other even though we were complete stranger to start with? Or are we too engrossed to act as the perfect other half for each other? Just….” She was not able to finish her words because she immediately covered her face with her hands, crying her heart out.

 

They stayed there, unsure whether to leave her on her own or stay and hear her cries. Xiumin reached to hug her, not minding her tears staining his shoulder. It was after almost twenty minutes or more when he felt her sniff; her arms fell limp on her sides. The rest checked on her and saw her sleeping, still sniffing from her cries.

Xiumin slowly lifted her body of his and let her lie down. Suho reached for the blanket and covered her.

“Looks like I already know what she really feels,” Lay smiled as they all left her room.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It was around five in the afternoon when Sooyoung woke up. When her eyes adjusted, she saw her eight lovely friends inside her room.

“Are you okay now?” Seohyun asked. That was enough to bring back the tears as she pulls herself up to hug the maknae. All of them moved closer, consoling her, rubbing her back and whispering words of encouragement.

When she was done crying, it was time for them to ask questions.

 

“What really happened?” Taeyeon asked first.

“I met Changmin when we went out for a one week summer vacation. I never expected that to happen, then we exchanged numbers, messages and calls, but Kris knows nothing of it. Changmin don’t even know that I am married already. When I stayed to work for the meantime at Unnie’s café house, Changmin went there one day then that’s when it all started. I would always come to the café house, my excuse of being bored at home, but it was all to meet Changmin. I don’t know why I did that, I am just so into our times together that I even ignored J-Hope’s advice of stopping it. Then the most fearful event I dread happened that afternoon, he came inside the café house and even shared the table with me and Changmin. He didn’t even introduce himself as my husband but just let the conversation with flow. When Changmin left, that’s when I felt his cold stare, and then probably you would know what happened after that,” she sighed, wiping a spilled tear from her face.

 

The ladies sighed simultaneously, “That was so wrong Soo,” Jessica started.

“You should have said that you are married. The case would have been different and Changmin would know the limit. At least when Kris saw the two of you, there will be no chaos or such,” Hyoyeon patted her shoulder.

“I am so stupid,” Sooyoung sighed again.

“I think you did that because you never had the chance to go out on a real date with your husband. For all we know, you both started this marriage as complete stranger and that he is always busy on work and you on your studies. But even when you had graduated, his job is something not light to be taken for granted. Add up the fact that you never had any experience about dating before, right?” Tiffany smiled.

“Why don’t you two go out on a date?” Yuri asked.

“How would they go out when Kris is still mad at her?” Sunny asked.

Yoona smiled, “I have an idea…”

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It had been a week since that incident. Kris had been firm on giving her the cold and silent treatment. It really hurts and Sooyoung knows that it was her fault in the first place. Changmin already learned that she is married and that her husband is Kris just yesterday when Sooyoung went to the café house. It was hard at first to convince him to believe it but with the help of the seven lads, somehow he believed.

 

The boys at home are all uneasy whenever they would have dinner. Before, dinners were lively but then it turned so silent that one would want to just escape and eat on their rooms instead. When the weekends came, time for the laundry, Sooyoung got up early and did it alone since it will be so awkward for them if they would go together.

 

It was around eleven thirty that night when Sooyoung slowly knocked on Kris’ door. She was startled when she turned the knob that it was unlocked. With her large pajama with large shirt printed with small hearts, she slowly walked to stand near the bed. Kris turned around when he felt the cold wind from the open door only to be startled to see his sleepy wife standing beside his bed.

“Can I sleep with you tonight?” she asked making him just gape at her.

“I had a nightmare and I can’t sleep,” she pouted, looking down at her feet.

Too tired to argue, he flipped the bed sheet and moved a bit. Sooyoung slowly got on the bed, turning to face him.

“What?” Kris asked, feeling drowsy from sleepiness.

She just moved closer to him, snuggling for comfort. He was unsure on how to react or respond. In the end, he let his arm hug her even more closely. Somehow, he missed holding her.

“I was so wrong to do that. I know the word sorry would not suffice but then the thought and the reality that you would not look at me nor even talk to me is more dreadful on my part. I am scared and hurt at the same time. I know you are still mad at me, but please, just don’t give me that cold silent treatment. The word forgive can wait, but just don’t act like I don’t exist anymore, please…”

He felt his shirt get wet, her sniffs echoing inside the room.

He moved to cup her face, wiping away the tears. He let his lips touch hers for a brief moment, “Just don’t do it again,” kissing her again before pulling her close as they let the silence lull them to sleep.