Chapter Thirty Four

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Kris woke up from the tug on his shirt and with the strain on his arm. He opened his eyes to see his wife snuggling close to him. They had spent the night on his office’s sofa since both fell asleep after talking for a few minutes. The smell of her perfume still clung on her, tickling his senses. He looked over her sleeping figure. True to her words, they had been married for more than nine months. It surprised him actually to get this far since she seems to be the type he will get attracted the very least. But then as time rolled by, he get to recognize things about her which he considers as part of her being unique.

 

First one is her undying love for food. He would not be surprised if she would trade him for food if the situation calls for it. Second is her penchant for keeping things even though it’s old already, but for that he cannot disagree since he has that trait too. Third is her flair for words or talking. He would not be surprised if she ends up as an MC or the likes. Fourth, is her talent on playing the guitar, piano and drums thus making her and Chanyeol best buds when it comes to that field that he often wants to snap her drum sticks in two. Fifth, he would always catch her standing in front of her mirror trying new facial expressions and the likes which look so funny and many more things which might occupy a mile long list if written.

 

He had only met two of her cousins who were not around when they were got married and it scares him to know that other will surely visit them, unexpectedly. She is really a bundle of surprises that he can’t help but feel grateful to be her better half.

“Oppa is there something wrong?” he looked down to see her sleepy face smiling up at him.

He shook his head and hugged her closer, “I am just wondering though how did I last this long being your husband.”

“Yah, am I that bad?” she looked up at him, pouting.

“Aniyo, I am just wondering what I have done during my previous life to be blessed like this,” he replied, letting his lips touch her forehead.

“What’s your schedule today?” he asked after parting.

“Well, I will be bringing Andy and Janine to the orphanage today as I had promised.”

“So Luhan will be with you?” he asked.

“Nope, he will be off to work so it will only be me and the two.”

He reached for his phone from his pocket and made a call at home, “Kyungsoo, can you bring some clothes in here? Have some for Sooyoung too. We’ll wait for that,” he immediately said with no greetings at all.

“Would I bring hygiene materials like toothbrush?”

“Of course, and don’t you dare forget the underwear. Pick up some breakfast along the way.  I’ll hang up now,” then he ended the call.

 

“Oppa, you should have at least greeted him first. That’s rude you know,” she pouted. He moved to help her up as they sat on the sofa. She stood up and did a few stretching, still clad in her black cocktail dress from yesterday but with visible creases now.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“So where are the lovebirds?” Kai asked when he went down for breakfast together with Sehun.

“They spent their night at his office,” Kyungsoo replied placing the bag with the couple’s dress on.

“Khyunnie Appa, where is Sooyoung noona?” Andy tugged on the sleepy Baekhyun’s shirt.

“Wae?” he looked down at the little boy while wiping the sleepiness off his face.

“Noona promised us that she will bring us with her to meet her little friends,” Andy replied.

“Your Luhan Appa will bring you to her after breakfast,” Chanyeol assured the little boy, ruffling his hair.

 

“Daddy, I want to buy gifts for noona’s friends,” Janine looked at her father.

“Well, regarding gifts, we are at short for now so I may ask your Kris gege to do that later, would that be enough?” he smiled at the little girl who gave a nod.

Lay excused himself from the group and answered a call just as Jinri walked inside the house. It was nice to note that the awkward atmosphere between her and Kai had long dispersed. She was holding two large boxes.

“Jinri-ah,” Sehun stood up to welcome her with a hug.

“Oppa,” she replied trying to hug him despite the boxes on her hands.

“Let her breath for a while,” Suho remarked, taking the boxes from the girl’s grip.

 

“What made you early?” Xiumin asked.

“Well, I have the same schedule with Sehunnie today so I am picking him up,” she smiled only to notice the twins seated between Luhan and the silent and drowsy Tao.

“Omo! Who’s cousins are they? Luhan Oppa?” she asked blinking at the sight of the adorable kids.

“Aniyo, they are Luhan’s children,” Chen replied.

Jinri looked at Chen with that shocked expression, “Jinja?”

 

Later, Jinri is already caught on taking selcas with the two kids. She showered them with questions when she learned that Janine can’t speak Korean and Andy can’t speak Chinese although both understand the two languages and are fluent in English too.

“Looks like loving kids are in their blood eh?” Kai smiled at Sehun who gave a nod.

“We’ll go ahead, your time starts by ten right?” Sehun asked Kai.

“Yeah, have a safe trip though,” he replied.

 

The disappointment in Jinri’s face is clearly visible when Sehun pulled her away for their class.

“Oppa, can I come over after school so I can play with them?” The boys heard Jinri ask Sehun before the door closes.

“I’ll go on too. The two might strangle me if I stayed longer,” Kyungsoo bid them goodbye too, bringing the bag and breakfast for the two.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It was around ten thirty when Sooyoung and the two kids went to the orphanage. Lay joined them since he still had to finish teaching a kid in there the last of the steps of a dance. The two kids are overwhelmed when they got inside the ground, welcomed by children of different age who stops when they saw the two with Sooyoung.

“Noona, who are they?” one the kids asked.

“They are my babies,” Sooyoung smiled at the two.

“You already have babies? But they don’t look like you,” another kid remarked.

“Noona, I saw them on the TV,” a kid compliments which startled the three.

“Well, so much for interrogation. Andy, Janine, introduce yourselves,” she looked down at the two.

 

Andy bowed his head, “Anyeong, my name is Andy.”

“I am Janine,” Janine introduced but she did not bow her head.

There was silence before the two were dragged away by excited children, leaving Sooyoung.

“Sooyoung,” Hyoyeon smiled at her.

“You’re earlier. Am I rubbing off the habit of staying at the orphanage?” she smiled back at the short one.

“Maybe,” she laughed, “And that photo shoot with your husband is so cool!” she gave a thumbs up making the addressed one blush.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

By eleven thirty, the two ladies are already busy in making lunch for the kids while they are talking about their other friends.

“Jessica and Heechul are soon to be engaged,” Hyoyeon stated while stirring the soup.

“Heechul and Jessica? I though those two are the worst of the pair ups,” Sooyoung looked at her, surprised.

“Well, you can’t just come up already with conclusions anyway,” Hyoyeon then moved to reach for some salt on the cupboard not able to notice the sharp edge of a broken wood, scarring her wrist which made her wince in pain as blood starts to appear.

“Are you okay? Here, clean that cut and I will finish this since we are almost done,” Sooyoung pressed a cloth on Hyoyeon’s wrist as she guides her out the kitchen.

“Will you be fine? I can still manage though,” Hyoyeon looked at Sooyoung.

“I will be fine, go on and treat that,” Sooyoung smiled back as Hyoyeon moves to get to the living room.

 

The children are all about the large receiving area. Lay is seated on the lone sofa near the window, watching Andy and another kid dance to the track ‘Growl’.

He was surprised to see Hyoyeon coming his way, pressing a cloth on her wrist while removing the apron.

“Hyo, are you okay?” he stood up to help her sit on the sofa which made the female one blush. He grabbed the apron and placed it on the space behind him.

“Yeah, just a minor cut from being careless,” she replied.

“Stay in here, I’ll go get the first aid kit,” then left the lady who tried to fan herself not from the heat but from the warm blush on her cheeks.

 

After a while, Lay returns with the kit and held her arm to clean and dress the wound himself sending an army of butterflies getting wild on to the lady’s tummy. He was careful in treating it giving her the time to closely look at him. A faint smile graced her lips as she takes in his side profile. She just doesn’t understand what other reason made her this attracted to this guy. It’s dangerous to keep feelings but then she can’t help herself from developing feelings for him.

 

All the while he is busy on her wound, he is aware of that smile on her face but he dismissed it as he focuses on her wound. Something about it made him think. There is that little trace of an old wound on it. He grabbed a bandage and wrapped it on her wrist. “There, it’s all fixed now. Just don’t be careless again,” he smiled. He pulled something from his pocket and folded it before wrapping it on her bandaged wrist. She was surprised to see the pink bandana.

“Where did you get this?” she asked looking at the handkerchief tied on her wrist, “Do you like pink stuffs?” she added to hide her surprise.

“Nope, I just picked that up on my way home one night. There was a tear on the edge and a letter H was stitched on it too. I can’t possibly find the owner but since you said you like bandana, so there, I am giving it to you,” he smiled.

That was the longest string of words he had said ever since they started talking with each other.

 

The sudden ringing of her phone disturbed the moment. “Kindly pass over my phone on the apron’s pocket,” she asked.

Lay turned around and fumbled on the piece of cloth behind him before handing it to her. When she read the caller’s ID, she excused herself and took the call. Lay watched her move out to the front porch as he reaches for his earphones.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

After closing the door, she answered the call, “Hello?”

“Took you long enough to answer, why is that?”

“Someone is here with me; I need to keep some distance. Is there something wrong?”

“How was it? Did you manage to get inside?”

She sighed, “I can’t get past the security. It’s quite tight and if I get through, there are more of surprises inside. I can’t work on this alone. Someone’s trailing me too.”

“Then I guess I’ll just leave it to him to work on it since he already has the access inside. For your new assignment, keep a trace on his wife and be sure not get caught. Make sure that whoever trailing you get’s lost track of your whereabouts, got it?”

“His wife? But that is too risky, I just can’t do that.”

“Then might as well discard you if you are of no use. I don’t want to keep garbage who keeps their stinking smell attracting people.”

Blinking back tears, she sighed and resorted to it, “Yes, I will do it.”

“Good, that’s what Hyoyeon’s is for right? Now don’t mess up this time.”

The call ended as she looked at the wrapped bandana on her wrist.

‘So much for having the best training,’ then heaved a sigh before getting inside to join the children for lunch.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It was around three in the afternoon when Kris decided to visit the orphanage where his wife always goes to. He was surprised when he saw her on the front porch carrying a bundle and looks like cooing words and smiling down at whatever is in that bundle. He took careful steps on the sideways trying his best not to attract her attention. When he was close enough, he heard soft giggles which he knows only a baby can make. He stopped on his tracks upon realizing that his wife is actually holding a baby.

“Baby Blue like Sooyoung Noona eh,” she cooed which elicited a laugh from the baby.

The smile on her face was priceless that it made him want to just stay there and watch her like she is holding their own kid and not others.

 

“Kris Appa!” Andy’s voice broke the serene atmosphere thus making her look at him. Kris reached for Andy and lifted him as he walks near her.

“Who is that?” he gestured over the baby.

“Blue, but sad to say he will leave the day after tomorrow. I was planning on adopting him but then both of us got busy that I did not get the time to talk about it with you,” she sadly stated touching the baby’s chubby cheek.

“We can make one if you want,” he gave her a sly smile which made her frown at him.

“There’s a kid in here so keep that mouth of yours shut,” then continued on cooing the baby.

 

“Kris Appa, Daddy said you will bring the gifts for noona’s friends,” Andy looked at the Chinese blonde.

“Really? Then I must have forgotten about it, let me make a call first so I can bring the gifts in here okay?” then he placed down the boy fishing his phone on his pocket. He dialed Jongsuk’s number. “Jongsuk, can you make an order for me? Probably good for 150 heads,” he immediately said without even greeting the person on the other line. Sooyoung glared again, mouthing the word, ‘rude.’

“Sir, what order would you want? Is there some party in there? What are the specifications so we would not have any problem?”

“I am at an orphanage so the catering should be good for kids, probably an early dinner and include some sweet treats too okay? I’ll just send you the address. I want it in an hour and a half.” Then he ended the call.

“How many times do I have to remind you of greeting the person first whether you are the one who called or him, huh?” she swayed a little, trying to put the baby to sleep.

Kris just smiled at her as she smiles down at the sleeping baby boy.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It was around five when the order came up which made the kids happy, especially Andy and Janine. Sooyoung gave her husband a hug and a quick kiss for making the children happy. The two helped on distributing the food and sweets with it. The contentment and that sincere smile on her face is so priceless that it made him want to just do this things everyday if he would get to see the same smile.

 

“Thank you Oppa,” Sooyoung wrapped her arms around his neck when they got outside for some air. The sky had turned black already.

“It’s my pleasure, besides, the twin like it so it’s nothing,” he pulled her close by the waist.

“I really want to have baby Blue,” she sighed, leaning on his chest, taking in his scent.

“I already made an offer right? Why don’t we make one?” he chuckled, earning a light punch from his wife.

He cupped her face and kissed her softly on the lips.

 

“Ew, Kris gege do what Daddy does to Mommy,” they parted to see Janine with her arms crossed by the front door.

“I wonder if she got that attitude from her mother,” Sooyoung whispered after parting from the kiss.

“Her mother is too well mannered and naïve to be like that,” Kris chuckled as he moves to get to the frowning Janine.