Chapter Sixty Three

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

The day seems to be rejoicing as everyone prepares for the wedding. Sooyoung stayed at their house the night before. Her gown was personally designed and gifted by Jean who was invited for the wedding. It was displayed on the mannequin standing on her room. It was very plain in the real sense, with almost no design by the first look. But with the lightest touch of light, the cloth glitters especially the intricate designs on the hem of the gown. It’s off shoulder sleeves is made of silk. On the neck of the mannequin is the diamond necklace the boys gave to her as a gift.

 

Sooyoung watched the mannequin, admiring the beauty of it from the mirror as Jean gets busy in applying make-up on her.

“I can’t believe that I am here as your personal make-up artist. You must thank Yeojin for this,” Jean started to talk, getting bored on the silence.

“I know you can’t refuse my invitation Unnie,” Sooyoung smiled at the grinning Jean.

“If you will always call me Unnie then I will attend on every special occasion in your life even without invitation.”

 

After thirty minutes, he asked Soojin to help Sooyoung on her dress before he does her hair. It was perfect fit, as Soojin pulls the zipper up behind her back. Her older sister smiled at her after she wore the dress.

“You really are beautiful,” Soojin hugged her and can’t help but shed a few tears.

“And so are you Unnie,” Sooyoung whispered back.

 

“Let’s get that hair of you done. I am sure your groom is already on the way,” Jean clapped his hand as the two parted.

Her friends, except Jessica and Hyoyeon arrive in her room just in time to see Jean pin the veil on her head.

“I can’t imagine we are going to witness you again get married,” Sunny smiled, reaching to admire their friend.

“Yeah, she is getting married again and none of us had decided to follow her and Jessica,” Yuri sighed.

“Not unless you want to get married after them,” Seohyun teased somehow making the addressed one blush.

 

“Let’s take a picture!” Tiffany exclaimed after a moment. Jean did the honor of being their photographer.

“Now, you will really experience the real feeling of getting married with feelings involved,” Soojin smiled as they went down.

Jinhyuk, Yeojin, and Andrei are downstairs with her parents. It warmed her heart to see them, like this is really her first time.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Everyone in the mansion is excited as they do finishing touches on their coats. Mrs. Wu is busy on helping Andy on his coat as Janine twirls in her dress. Joo In had just finished putting a ribbon on her head and is busy on Meilin’s ribbon. They are waiting for Kris and his father to come down.

“What’s taking them long?” Mrs. Wu asked as she looks up on the grand staircase.

“Umma, you should understand the feeling of being nervous because he is getting married,” Chen replied.

“This is not the first time,” Mrs. Wu sighed as she glances on her watch.

 

Just in time, Mr. Wu appeared followed by Kris who is grinning from ear to ear. He regaled down the staircase in his white tailcoat like some kind of model on a catwalk.

“Look at him grinning stupidly like this is the first time he will walk down that aisle,” Mrs. Wu rolled her eyes which made the present people laugh.

“Shall we head on?” Luhan smiled as they filed outside to get on their respective cars.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The large church looks almost empty, except for the three rows in front that were occupied by the invited people. The red carpet rolled on the center aisle is scattered with flower petals. The church bells started to ring as Kris arrives. The people with him started to get inside except for Joo In and Luhan who will join Jinri and Sehun for the bridal entourage. Andy was given the honor to be the ring bearer, Janine as the flower girl and Meilin as the sole bride’s maid.

 

After fifteen minutes, Sehun saw the bride’s white car and the news immediately get dispersed inside the church. Everyone gets excited as the car parks at the foot of the cemented stairs scattered with petals. The people with her stepped down first and filed inside as Sooyoung’s parents waited for the signal.

 

The ceremony was actually done with few practice days before the actual wedding. So when the signal was given, Sooyoung’s father helped her out of the car as they moved upstairs with her mother.

The music finally plays, ‘Perfect Moment’ by Martine McCutcheon.

Andy started first, holding a heart shaped pillow which holds the rings. He was followed by Janine who scatters the petals from her small basket, enjoying what she is doing. Meilin followed, smiling like a princess, holding the small bouquet. The next three pairs were arranged by the order of age; Sehun and Jinri, Luhan and Joo In and Soojin with her husband. The last pair was Sooyoung’s parents.

 

As the mellow music envelopes the atmosphere of the church, Sooyoung appears looking as ethereal as the light from the outside made her look glowing. Kris felt his breath hitch as he watches her get near with every beat of the music. The immense joy made him somehow teary eyed.

“It’s not bad to cry,” his father whispered.

“I know, it’s just that it’s so overwhelming,” he sniffed, wiping away the tears.

 

Sooyoung can’t help herself but shed her tears as she saw the faces of people close to her stand and watch her move near the altar. If before she wishes for Changmin to be her groom, now she can’t help but be overwhelmed by gratitude and love as she saw Kris smile at her. When she finally got near him, he reached for her hand, holding it firmly as they moved together in front of the altar, facing the same priest.

 

“Now, I hope you will not whisper at each other during the ceremony,” the old man smiled at the two who chuckled upon remembering the memory of their first wedding. He the microphone and started, “We are gathered here to witness the same couple swear in front of God again. They made a vow more than a year ago but today, they will strengthen it … “and his words started to fill the church for the next minute.

 

“May I ask the bride and the groom to stand for the vows,” the priest said as the two stands up.

When they stood face to face, both can’t help but smile as the memory of their first wedding flashes on their mind.

“Mister Kris, do you take Miss Sooyoung as your lawfully wedded wife by the book and in the eyes of God, promising to be with her at all times, on good times and bad times, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you apart?”

Kris smiled, holding her hand, “I do.”        

The priest turns on Sooyoung, “Miss Sooyoung, do you take Mister Kris as your lawfully wedded husband by the book and in the eyes of God, promising to be with him at all times, on good times and bad times, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you apart?”

With a bashful smile and blushing cheeks she replied making him chuckle, “With all my heart, I do.”

 

The ring bearer moved to get near the two for the exchange of rings. Sehun and Jinri helped the couple on the microphone. Kris picked up the gold band, holding Sooyoung’s right hand.

“Sooyoung, take this ring as the seal and symbol of my love for you. You may grow tired of my protection or gets irritated by it, but that is just to keep you from getting hurt. I cannot stand the idea of seeing you cry or the thought that you will leave me. Please, stay forever with me,” then he slipped it on her right ring finger.

 

Sooyoung fought the urge to cry as she reaches for the ring, holding his right hand.

“Oppa, take this ring as the seal and symbol of my love for you. I may be childish at times, temperable or throw temper tantrums, but I hope you don’t get tired of it. I can take the thought of you not talking to me or ignoring me for days if I tend to overdo it, but leaving me is something I might not take. Let’s not leave each other’s side till forever,” then she slipped the ring on his right finger.

 

“By the power bestowed upon me by God, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride,” then he closed the Bible.

Kris grinned, moving slowly to lift off the wedding veil covering her face. She felt the warm tears leave her eyes. He reaches to wipe it off as he slowly closes the distance between them, letting his lips touch hers, sealing the vow perfectly as everyone stands up shower them with applause, cheering for the married couple who parted only after a few more moment.

 

Kris held her by the waist, pulling her close as they face the crowd who moved one by one to congratulate them once again. They had picture takings before they proceeded to the reception area. Same reception hall they had during their first wedding.