Chapter Forty Six

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

The empty space beside him woke him up. He opened his eyes to see the other half of the bed already made. He his back to see their clothes neatly piled on the side table near his phone. He sighed, ‘Probably at the kitchen already,’ he thought but he turned again when something atop his phone caught his attention. He was not mistaken. It was a ring, her ring which he gave to her lies atop his phone, glittering from the small rays of light that hits it.

 

That’s when he made a move to pull himself up and grab his pants. He went to check her bathroom but its empty, save for the smell of her shampoo, enveloping the room. He panicked as he starts to move out her room to check her downstairs. On his way, he heard the clatter from the kitchen which somehow relieved him for a bit. With a smile, he ventured inside the kitchen only to be surprised to see Kyungsoo on his back doing the breakfast.

“Where’s Sooyoung?” he asked, fear creeping to his heart bit by bit.

Kyungsoo turned his head, “I should be asking you that. The last thing I remember, the two of you are sleeping together last night, right?”

He gave a nod, “But she is not in her room.”

Kyungsoo turned off the stove to completely turn around.

“You mean you slept with her then you woke up without her beside you?”

Kris gave a nod.

“Something is wrong,” Kyungsoo said and moved past him to wake up the others earlier than expected.

 

In a matter of minutes, the whole household got noisy as everyone tries to contact whoever they know whom Sooyoung knows too. But the answer was negative. Xiumin stepped outside his room after a while, “Hyung, bad news. I can’t track her phone’s GPS. I tried to scan the whole country as much as I can but she’s nowhere to be located.”

Getting scared and all, he glared at Xiumin, “You mean you gave her a phone assuring me that I can locate her whereabouts then here you are telling me you can’t locate her? Are you kidding me?”

“Kris, yes I did gave you a phone so you can monitor her. But I only have one option left if we can’t locate her GPS in the local area. It may mean that she is out of the country,” Xiumin stated, looking back at him.

All of them looked at him like he had grown two heads.

 

“Out of the country?” Kris looked back at him in disbelief, “What do you mean?” he added, taken aback.

“If we can’t locate her GPS, it means she is out of the local area. Because even if she turned it off, I can still locate it if it’s within range. I can’t monitor things outside the local range,” Xiumin explained.

“Did you try to call her?” Chen asked Kris.

“Yes, but it’s directed to voicemail. I can’t reach her,” he replied.

The following moment was about silence as they exchanged looks.

“Looks like the old evil queen succeeded in poisoning her,” Luhan broke the silence.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Her sleep was interrupted by the light tap on her shoulder. A soft voice woke her up.

“Miss we had already landed,” the voice called making her flutters her eyes open.

She looked on the open window to see the tall structure of the airport building. She turned her head to the stewardess, “I’m sorry and thank you,” and stood up to collect her bag.

 

The light of the sun welcomed her as she descends to get to the building. As she follows the other passengers, she was soon welcomed by people of different race, all waiting for their loved ones. She stopped near the entrance as she surveys the crowd for a specific female figure. She was soon relieved to see Yeojin waving at her. With a sigh, she stepped forward to get to her open arms, not able to hold back the tears she had been holding back. She soon succumbs to her hug as she cried her heart out, catching the attention of the other people in the airport.

 

“Wae? What’s wrong?” Yeojin asked as she rubs her back.

“Unnie…” she cried as she hugs the older one tightly.

“I knew it the moment you insisted the flight that something is really wrong. It’s hard to hold it back right?” she asked as the younger one gave a nod despite her sobbing and the crying.

“Unnie…” she wailed as the older one tries to hush her.

“Let’s get you to my apartment so you can have some rest and then you will tell me all about it after you had calmed down,” Yeojin smiled as she led the crying lady to their car.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Kris’ mind is still in a blur when he got to the office for work. The rows of meetings and other business related activities plagued his schedule. The company is still on the process of coping up after losing the fifth 4-year future plan he had successfully planned with the most reliable members of the board. So far, they had moved a bit higher than the previous month where they had been on the bottom of the business world list and to think he is dubbed as the youngest and most successful businessman.

 

“Sir, we have the official list of the people who are possible to pull out their shares. The scheduled meeting will be by one in the afternoon. For the whole morning we will visit possible site locations for the next project of the company. Any further additional activities will be informed ahead before I incorporate it on your schedule,” Jongsuk relayed as they ascend on the elevator followed by Woobin.

“I have something more to ask of you, although it may somehow look a bit personal,” Kris sighed as the lifts starts to go up.

“Anything sir, as long as I can manage to do it,” Jongsuk replied.

“Kindly trace the whereabouts of my wife,” Kris stated.

“Pardon me sir, but may I ask why?”

“It’s something confidential, as of now, all I want is for you to look for her,” Kris sighed and went ahead of the two when the lift gets open.

 

Jongsuk blinked and looked at Woobin, “Is there something wrong?” he asked.

Woobin gave a shrug, “Maybe,” then went on ahead as Jongsuk scurried too before the elevator door gets closed again.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Sooyoung woke up from her sleep, her eyes swollen from crying. Yeojin was seated beside her bed, reading a book.

“So I see you are already up. Any refreshments you want?” Yeojin smiled putting down the book she was reading.

“A glass of water will do,” Sooyoung moved to sit properly on the bed.

When Yeojin comes back with her water, she asked her immediately.

“So what’s the rush?” she sat on her chair again.

 

All of the sudden, the water in the clear glass seems to be so interesting that Sooyoung finds it hard to look away.

“Soo, I believe that there is nothing worthy of that glow the water has to offer in that clear glass,” Yeojin tried to divert her attention, earning a sigh from the married one.

“Unnie, I’m tired. I am so tired,” Sooyoung started to sob again.

“Tired of what?” Yeojin asked, moving to give her a one arm hug.

“I mean, I have been doing what he asks me to do. I would always have one of the boys to be with me wherever I go; I would always inform him where I would go; I would decline to offers where I would get to have a partner for an endorsement and all those things. I would often do the first move whenever we get into a fight and then he would trace even my calls and messages? He would even eavesdrop on my calls and even had I under surveillance inside the house? Unnie, I tried to be the best wife he wants but why can’t he trust me?” Sooyoung cried, hugging Yeojin close.

 

Yeojin sighed, “He must have done that to protect you,” she replied.

“Protect me from what? He would not even tell me where he is protecting me. I really don’t understand him. A single mistake of mine would always lead to a fight, but can’t he understand that I am not perfect? He would even accuse me of pointless things,” she cried again, parting from the hug as she wipes her tears away.

A soft smile reached Yeojin’s lips, “I am glad to see you growing up like that. But then, it’s sad to note that you got married first than me.”

“Unnie!” Sooyoung whined, a faint smile appearing on her lips despite the tears in her eyes.

“See? You are smiling already. That is what I love about you; despite all those things you can still manage to smile,” Yeojin grinned at her.

“Unnie, I am serious in here,” Sooyoung sniffed.

“I know, but Soo, you should have not left. This escape you had will not mend everything between you and your husband. Remember that he is a busy man, and he cannot afford to look after you at all times. He might have done that to really protect you and to keep you safe without or without him around,” Yeojin looked at her.

Sooyoung was tongue tied; but she remembers something again.

 

“I could have endured his cold treatment and all but what his grandmother said about my family is something I could not stand,” Sooyoung looked at her cousin, holding her gaze for a while.

“What do you mean?” Yeojin’s curiosity made her move closer to the younger one.

Sooyoung relayed what had happened between her and Kris’ grandmother during the latter’s visit.

Yeojin had open, “I may have the mind to be logic but that is something I will never permit anyone to say to me. What does she think of us? Gold diggers? If I may note, Kris’ mother was the one who approached your parents, not the other way around.”

Sooyoung can only sigh as she reaches for the glass of water to finally drink.

 

“Setting those aside, pamper yourself and remove those swollen eyes because you will meet your first sponsor tonight. I don’t want him seeing my cousin looking haggard,” Yeojin smiled as she kissed Sooyoung’s forehead before leaving her on her room.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Kris had just arrived from the site visitations they had. The two invited him for lunch but he refused. He just went ahead too his office as he tries to contact Xiumin for any other information regarding his wife’s whereabouts. The answer was negative as it leaves more room for him to wonder where she could be.

For once, he regretted to have done that to her; the 24/7 surveillance. But then, he can’t take the risk of losing her. He is not vocal on his feelings; he is not the type of person to shout out his words like some kind of poet. He admits that he even has to ask the boys before he makes a move. Although, some of his moves are just a surprise for him too. It’s like his feet have their own mind that he would find himself already heading to her room.  He can’t understand why can’t she appreciate his being protective. But then, was his action of protective the normal one or he had gone overboard?