Special Chapter (Chapter 24)

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

*This special chapter is not from anyone’s request. This is just to give Kai, Sehun and Sulli their own pages in this story. This part is a part of the whole story but then it is more focused on the three. Feel free to leave comments but violent reactions regarding this part will be appreciated if you private message it to me. Anyways, I hope you enjoy.*

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Oppa, when will you be out?” Jinri asked Sehun as they went to their next period. They shared the previous class.

“Are you still going to ask me that? I thought I gave you my schedule already,” Sehun smiled down at his girlfriend.

“Mianhe~” she smiled sheepishly making him pinch her cheeks.

“Wait for me at home, okay? Be sure to get there right after your last class,” Sehun opened the door for her.

“Ne oppa. I just hope they would not get tired seeing me there,” she smiled then gets inside her room.

 

It was after two hours when Jinri’s class got dismissed. Since Sehun will be out only after thirty minutes, she went ahead to the mansion. Sehun told her about the location of the spare key, but looks like one of the boys are early so she immediately went inside. She was right; there’s Kai by the living room.

“Kai oppa,” she called, closing the door.

Kai turned and smiled at her, “Wae? Are you here for Sooyoung Noona?” he asked.

“Aniyo, Sehun asked me to wait for him in here. Have you been here for long?” she asked sitting on the single sofa beside Kai.

“Aniyo, I don’t have any classes in the afternoon, so here I am stuck at home,” he sighed flipping over the channel to look for something to catch his attention.

There was silence as Kai settled to watch a music awarding. Jinri made herself comfortable and watched in silence together with him.

 

“Kai oppa, have you ever had a girlfriend?” Jinri asked in the middle of the show, her eyes still glued on the screen.

Kai spared her a look, “Why do you ask?”

“I mean,” she turned and pouted on him, “You are not that bad. You look good actually and I heard you dance well,” then smiled.

“Well then, no one seems to be fascinated or be dreaming of having me as her boyfriend,” he gave a sad smile turning to look back at the screen.

“Actually you have that y look,” Jinri smiled at him.

Kai felt himself blush, good thing that the living room is a bit dark.

 

When he was about to speak, Sehun came inside, “Jinri-ah..~” he sings song moving to give her a kiss on the head.

“Have you been waiting long for me?” he asked, cupping her face. Jinri shook her head, pouting at him.

Kai had to look away to avoid that sweet display of affection from the two.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

For the upcoming days, Jinri would always drop at their place right after her class to wait for Sehun at the mansion and Kai would always join her in waiting for her boyfriend. They would talk about things like school stuffs, movies, books and all. Whenever Sehun would arrive, Kai then would have to leave the two to give them privacy. Jinri would only be home by seven, courtesy of Sehun who would drive her home.

 

That had been going on for two months already. One afternoon, Jinri showed up bringing some donuts with her.

“For Sehun?” Kai pointed over the box.

“Not just for him, for the three of us,” she smiled opening it then giving Kai one of it.

Kai smiled reaching for it. Later, Jinri stood up to look over the large window near them.

“Woah! I never thought that you had that beautiful scenery in there,” she smiled, referring to the garden outside.

“Courtesy to your boyfriend and Lay hyung,” Kai smiled at her.

“Jinja? Woah~” she sighed dreamily at the landscape when the rays of the sun suddenly flooded inside the room through the window, illuminating her in the loveliest way. Her perfect figure standing there with that dreamy look somehow made Kai’s heart beat unusually. He seems to be enchanted by the certain glow that emanates from Jinri.

 

The moment was ruined when Sehun stepped inside the house. He watched Jinri run into the arms of the maknae as they share a hug. He looked away, finding it irritating for the first time. ‘Do they don’t see each other at the university?’ he thought, slouching at the couch. He wants to cover his ears from the sweet exchange of words from the two. He doesn’t anymore find it cute or sweet, it’s irritating already. Getting worked up on how to keep himself from hearing the two and probably because of his short temper; he stood up and went to get to his room.

 

“What’s with him?” Sehun asked when he saw him getting to his room.

“I don’t know. He was just fine awhile ago,” Jinri replied.

They had been standing near the door, in each other’s arms and been exchanging sweet words since Sehun arrived.

“By the way, Kai oppa said you and Lay oppa take care of the garden, is it true?” she asked afterwards.

“Ne, wae?” he asked.

“It’s so beautiful,” she smiled at him, hugging him close.

“You would not get tired of holding me close?” Sehun smiled as he moves his hand to intertwine it with hers.

“Never,” she smiled.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The next day, Kai felt uneasy when Jinri arrived again. He somehow feels uneasy from the way Jinri smiles at him. Whenever she would ask him questions, he would find himself stuttering at his loss for words. Something is wrong with him which he can’t pinpoint. Cold sweats starts to form in his forehead even though it’s already cool inside. He froze and felt something weird when Jinri reached to remove something from his face. “Oppa, you should eat slowly. Looks like you rushed your meal,” she smiled after removing whatever dirt he has on his face. He immediately shied away her hand and stood up to calm himself at the kitchen leaving Jinri to wonder what is wrong with him.

 

After a while, he rely to see Sehun and Jinri acting all so sweet in the living room, again. Something within him ignited by just looking at the maknae holding Jinri. He can’t explain it but he feels irritated whenever Sehun would hug her. It’s like he want to pull them apart and just have the girl with him. He wants to be the guy whom Jinri says ‘I love you’ to. He wants to be the one she would run to the moment he stepped inside the house. He wants to be the one holding her hand and sends her home. He just wants to simply be her man.

 

Right after dinner, he stayed late by the living room. Baekhyun saw him and decides to talk to him since it’s been awhile since they had a talk.

“What’s keeping the maknae up at this hour?” he asked, tapping his shoulder.

“I am not the maknae,” he shrugged as Baekhyun took the space beside him, turning on the TV.

“You are just few months ahead, so you are also a maknae,” he settled on a drama.

“Hyung, can I ask you something?” he looked at Baekhyun who seems to be hooked already on the drama.

“Sure, what is it?” he replied still glued on the show.

“Have you ever felt like you want someone’s girlfriend?”

Baekhyun spared him a surprised look, “Bwo?”

“I mean, you would want to be the guy whom she exchange sweet words to, the one whom she hugs and sorts of things like that,” he avoided Baekhyun’s look.

“Ah~! You’re jealous because the girl you like is already taken, right?” Baekhyun grinned.

“Is that it is?” Kai asked again.

“Yup. The feeling that you can’t stand the sight of seeing them together acting all mushy and sweet. Instead, you dreamed of being that man who receives her complete attention, love and care, right?”

Kai gave a small unsure nod.

“Looks like Kai is already in love,” Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows, “So who is she? A classmate? An old friend? Schoolmate?” he added, probing the already uneasy Kai.

“It’s complicated,” he sighed, remembering who is the guy whom the girl is committed to.

“Woah! You are already using that complicated word. Looks like you will be on the hot seat tomorrow,” Baekhyun smiled at him evilly, making him regret of ever asking Baekhyun in the first place.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Just as what Baekhyun said, by dinner the next day, he opened up the topic regarding Kai’s situation.

“Guys, Kai’s having a problem. Looks like he finds himself attracted to a girl who’s committed already,” Baekhyun started, earning a glare from the involved guy.

“You mean he likes a girl with a boyfriend? That’s bad,” Chanyeol seconded.

He just closed his eyes and let out a sigh as the others keeps on talking and discussing his miserable situation.

 

“Kai, may I know who is she?” Sooyoung asked since he is sitting next to her.

“I can’t tell you. Mianhe noona,” he smiled.

“So what made you fall in love with her?” she asked instead.

A dreamy smiled got painted on his face, “Because everything about her is lovable.”

Just from the way he says it and the way his expression changed surprised Sooyoung. A smile made its way on her lips, “I just hope nothing goes wrong in the future,” she smiled.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It was like those afternoons when Jinri came in their house again, dressed in a light pink dress with short sleeves. Her hair is down with curls at the end. Her head is adorned with a pink headband with a large pink ribbon making her look so child like. Her feet were adorned with light pink ballerina shoes.

“Kai oppa,” she smiled at the guy who looks at her with enchantment. Kai felt his heart beat twice as normal, somehow making him a bit breathless.

 

She twirls from where she stands, “Does this looks good? Sehun Oppa bought this for me,” she smiled again. Then just as she finds it her habit already, she moved to get near the window and looked outside. The same amount of sunlight flooded inside, illuminating her. It was too much for him to hold back what he already feels. He stood up and walked to get near her.

 

He grabbed her by the arm, making her turn around. It was so quick that Jinri barely had the chance to react. He cupped her face and pressed his lips on hers. Jinri froze from the sudden turn of event. The door suddenly opens with Sehun, calling Jinri.

 

“Jinri-ah~” he turned to look at the living room where she always wait for him but stopped short when he saw Kai and Jinri. With anger immediately burning inside him, he stormed to get near the two. He tore Kai apart from Jinri and let his fist crash on his face sending the older one on the floor. As if not contented, he straddled atop him and gave him a few more punches if not for Kris and Sooyoung who came just in time to stop the two.

 

Kris grabbed Sehun on both arms and lifted him off Kai. Sooyoung kneeled down to get to Kai.

“WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?” Kris bellowed on to Sehun. Sooyoung helped Kai to sit, moving to wipe the blood on his lips.

“THAT BASTARD AND JINRI ARE DOING THINGS BEHIND MY BACK. JUST WHAT WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU SAW YOUR GIRLFRIEND KISSING ANOTHER MAN??” he yelled, struggling to free himself.

Sooyoung looked at the frozen Jinri whose tears are already falling. As if awaken, she looked at Sehun, started to move closer to touch him, “Sehun oppa, that’s not what you think! I would never do that…” she tried to reach and hold him but Sehun shied away her hand, finally freeing himself and stormed to get to his room. Kai, on the other hand, gave a sigh and stood up to get at the back of the house. Jinri is the only one left standing close to Kris with tears still streaming down her face.

“Jinri…” Sooyoung stood up to hug Jinri. She hugged the older one tightly, letting out loud sobs.

“Send her home, I’ll talk to Sehun. When you get back, you can talk to Kai,” Kris tapped his wife’s shoulder as Sooyoung led Jinri out of the house.