Chapter Thrity One

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Lay took a turn on the corner of the current building where he is now. He entered the very office he was instructed to get into. The room seems fine so he made a call to his boss.

“There are no intrusions done in here. Everything in here is kept well in place and from the dust accumulating on the floor and the table, it’s like no one had got entered this for a while.”

“Make sure because I don’t want any more problems on my upcoming meetings. Someone just relayed about the current situation of the company on my just closed deal. And from the looks, they might withdraw if not for my secretary’s excellent cover up. Better trace whoever made that glitch on my deals.”

“Got that,” he replied and hung up before leaving the office locking the door with him.

 

When he is already out on the open, it’s already dark. His boss really had a thing about tracing culprits who wants to sabotage his plans and business plans. He took a deep breath and started to walk down the sideways. But being trained to be keen on his observance and instincts, he felt someone watching him from behind. It’s not just the inborn instinct of humans to feel if someone looks at you but the trained instincts. He stopped on his tracks casually, trying to act like he is savoring the surrounding by closing his eyes and raised his head upwards. But it was actually the opposite. He blocked off the other sounds around him and focused on whatever he could pick up from what he thought to be a spy following him.

 

He immediately turned his head to catch the spy drift on the moving crowd. True to his suspicion, someone is really following him. He took a dash and followed the running figure. It’s not hard to trace whoever it is since it chose to go opposite the moving crowd. When he managed to keep a short gap between them, he noticed its slender figure confirming its identity as a female. She had her black hoodie with that black pants and black Converse to complete the get up. The only light colored she had is the pink bandana wrapped around her wrists.

 

They took a few turns as they squeezed themselves on the busy night street of the city. Despite the growing crowd they are heading to, he was still able to pick up on her pace, maintaining that small gap. ‘Damn, she is really fast,’ he thought feeling his strength getting pushed on the limit as the time runs on. He was just only sure on how she disappeared after turning on a very dark and narrow alleyway with few dingy lights and a couple or three people walking into it.

 

With careful steps, he slowly moved to get furthermore, alerting all his senses to the full. His eyes scanned the almost suffocating place. His eyes roamed further as his steps get furthermore. When he’s already a bit farther, a can being kicked suddenly became louder on his ears making him turn to see her fled away. He tried to follow her only to lose her on the busy crowd moving on both directions on that busy street of the city.

 

He sighed in frustration and started to move when he stepped on something. He looked down to see the pink bandana on the ground. He picked it up and noticed the small tear on it and the small blood stain on it. ‘She must be an amateur to leave traceable items,’ he thought bringing the fabric on his nose to smell it. ‘Very feminine,’ he thought again before putting it on his pocket and started to walk on to the highway to head home.

 

Unknown to him, a pair of lovely eyes watched him leave as she hissed in pain while clutching her bleeding wrist. Good to note that it’s not on the pulse or she will be probably pale from much blood lose.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Sooyoung smiled as she enters the very familiar orphanage. The kids who saw her started to run and welcome her as she bends down with open arms to them. One of the personnel who help in managing the orphanage went out to welcome her too.

“Your friends are here too. They are teaching the children at the lobby inside,” she smiled as Sooyoung stood up and grabs the hand of the first two kids on her sides as they went inside to join her friends.

 

“Soo!” Hyoyeon exclaimed with a wide smile as she stops on what she is doing, probably teaching the kid how to dance.

“You are late,” Yuri smiled up at her since she is surrounded by kids.

“I had a very busy day yesterday,” she replied.

“So when’s your husband’s comeback?” Hyoyeon asked.

“There’s no definite day as of now, but he is already on the third to the last deal he has to finish,” then attends to the small girl who tugs on her dress.

 

The three of them stayed on the orphanage by helping in taking care of the kids. They helped in serving their lunch and even on washing a few laundries. When it’s time for their nap, they helped in tucking those to bed so they can also relax.

 

“Sooyoung, can you help me in here,” the head of the orphanage, Miss Jang calls her attention as she leaves the kid’s bedroom. She gave a nod and followed the woman. They went inside the nursery room. There are small kids in there who are already asleep ranging from one to three years old. The only thing that would catch your attention is the lone blue crib near the corner.

“We just had a new member just yesterday. He was found on our doorstep with a bag and a note with his name, but since he is still probably five months old, we named him Blue. All of his stuffs were of the color when we found him,” the woman explained.

“So what’s his real name?” she asked as she moves closer to look at the baby boy who looked up at her too with beautiful round eyes, reminding her of Kyungsoo.

“Jung Jaekyung,” the woman replied.

The baby boy slowly reached its hands to the two women.

“Can I carry him?” she asked the lady.

“Sure, but I don’t think he likes that since we can’t lift him off the bed. He would cry whenever one of us picks him off that bed. He doesn’t like anyone in particular,” the woman warned but Sooyoung had already carried the baby boy who just gave a smile as she let him hold her finger.

 

“I think he likes you. That’s good. Let’s bring him out of this room,” then the two left the nursery room with Sooyoung still holding the baby in her arms, cooing sweet words to elicit a little smile.

When they got to the living room, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo with Chanyeol and Luhan are talking to Yuri who is busy tending to Hyoyeon’s cut on the hand.

“Hey, what made you guys come in here?” she smiled as she moves to get near them.

“I’ll prepare some drinks for you,” then Miss Jang left them on the living room.

“Noona, who is that?” Baekhyun pointed to the baby boy in her arms.

“Blue,” she smiled as she started cooing again making the baby boy laugh which made the group look at the excited Sooyoung.

 

“I wonder what would hyung say when he sees noona get this excited and all on babies,” Chanyeol whispered as he took a picture of the woman who holds the baby.

“I may want them to have babies, but I don’t think I can manage on seeing small versions of them running about the house. The two of them is enough,” Kyungsoo whispered back.

 

All of them decided to leave after helping in giving the kids dinner while the boys work on making the kids laugh and after tucking them to bed. Sooyoung had a hard time letting go of Blue since the baby cried when she let him lie on the bed.

“Looks like you need to stay for a while to let him sleep first,” the head of the orphanage smiled as Sooyoung rocks the baby to sleep.

“Can I help?” Luhan tried to reach for the boy and failed when the baby cried so he returned it to Sooyoung. Chanyeol moved closer to help his noona in letting Blue sleep. From afar and from the close distance the two shares, one would mistake them as a couple working on letting their baby sleep. Just for fun, Baekhyun took shots of the two and sent it on their hyung. Kyungsoo gave him a hard punch in the arm when he told him about it right after finishing sending it.

“Do you really want to get kicked out of that mansion?” Kyungsoo glared at Baekhyun, the object of their talk oblivious of what they are talking about.

Baekhyun rubbed his arm, pouting, “I can’t help it if they look so cute and romantic that way.”

 

Hyoyeon and Yuri decided to leave first. When the Blue finally drifts off to dreamland, Sooyoung stretched her strained arms, but that lovely smile never left her face.

“Noona, you really want kids huh?” Baekhyun started as they started to walk to the bus stop.

“I like kids but I still don’t have plans on having one,” she replied.

 

While they are standing by the bus stop, her phone rang. All of them looked down to see Kris side profile with the name, “<3 husband”.

The boys smiled at her as she took a step backward to take the call.

“Ne?” she answered.

“So you already feel comfortable carrying babies and Chanyeol as your husband eh?”

His words made her frown, “What? Chanyeol as my husband?”

The four of them turned their head from the mention of Chanyeol and husband in one sentence.

“So how can you explain the photos with you and that baby?”

“Who sent you that?” she asked making Baekhyun uneasy as Kyungsoo gave him that ‘you are dead’ look.

“Just answer my question.”

“Are you jealous?” a smirk forms on her lips.

When he didn’t gave a reply, she laughed, “Oppa, don’t think of things like I am cheating on you with the boys. That’s like to me you idiot,” then laughed again.

“You really want to be tied at home with babies huh? Then wait for me and you will definitely regret that you had to take a picture with that baby.’

“You sound so childish. Saranghae oppa,” she smiled, “I miss you,” she added as the boys gave that knowing smile returning on looking at the road for a bus.

“Trying to bribe your way with that phrase?”

She frowned, “You don’t miss me?” she sounded childish but she let it be so her jealous husband forgets that ridiculous accusation he has.

“Do I really have to repeat it for you? That I miss you more than you miss me?”

“So how many girls had you had in there?” she asked instead.

“Do you want to talk to Jongsuk for that?”

”I’ll probably talk to him when he returns so I can punish you right away.”

“Talking dirty with me?”

She heard him use that y voice of him, “Yah! Mister Kris Wu! You better shut that mouth of yours in there or I will really ban you from your own house,” she threatened.

“Arasseo, get some sleep when you get home and don’t forget to give me a message or a call when you get home ok?”

“Arasseo,” she then hung up as their bus stops right in front of them.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Hyoyeon got on the empty bus only to be surprised to see a silent Lay on the very end of the chairs. With a smile, she moved to occupy the seat beside him.

“Anyeong!” she happily greeted, making the male suddenly feel awkward. He just gave a nod.

“Why are you alone? Where are you from?’ she asked when the bus starts to move.

“From work,” came his short reply.

“But why did Luhan, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun go to the orphanage earlier. Does that mean they don’t have any jobs at all?” she asked again.

“Our jobs are all different.”

Hyoyeon frowned on his short replies. “You are really a man of few words,” then leaned on the chair.

 

As their ride progresses, he noticed the black bandana tied around her wrist, “You like bandanas?” he asked all of the sudden.

“Yeah, they look beautiful and fanciful for me,” she replied surprised at his initiation of a conversation.

“Why do you wrap it around your wrist? Aren’t they handkerchief?” he asked, looking at him somehow sending the blood to color Hyoyeon’s cheeks from his stare.

“I use it as my wrist band, for that cool look,” she grinned, avoiding his gaze.

Lay gave a nod then continued on looking outside the window.