Chapter Two

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Sooyoung calmed down after crying her heart out. The older woman soon left, after assuring that Sooyoung would not cry anymore.

“I’ll be off. Don’t forget to close the shop properly okay? I’ll tell Soojin Unnie about today,” she bid the boys goodbye and started to walk down the roadside to clear her mind. As she is walking slowly, something caught her attention from the other side of the road. There stood her crush, Changmin, with another girl.

 

She tried to keep herself calm and not to fret or react or anything but the moment Changmin reached down to give the girl a kiss, her eyes welled up in tears again. ‘Why is the world against me?’ she thought as she watches the two hails a cab and left.

 

She grabbed her phone, “Are you at your place?” she asked without even greeting the person on the other line. After confirming the answer, she hailed a cab and gave the address. After a few minutes, she arrived in front of a large condominium. She went straight to the elevator and pressed the button of the floor where she had been to for countless times. When the lift opens up, she went straight to the third door on her left and punched in the code of the door. She heard girly cheers inside, but it all stopped when they all saw her.

 

The moment she saw them, she immediately broke down into tears making the eight girls rush over to give her a hug. “What’s wrong Soo?” Tiffany asked as Sooyoung clings to her.

“Changmin oppa has a girlfriend already and Mom said I will be married,” she sobbed. The eight girls exchanged looks and asked in unison, “You’re getting married???”

Sooyoung gave a nod, “I really don’t know what to do now,” she sobbed again.

“Wanna go party with us tonight?” Jessica asked.

“Jess, can’t you see she is depressed?” Taeyeon eyed the blonde one.

“I’m just trying to help her forget all her problems for the mean time,” the blonde defends.

 

All of them let her cry her heart out. It was only after almost an hour before she finally stops crying.

“So how did you end up getting married?” Seohyun asked Sooyoung.

“I even don’t know. The last thing I know is that Soojin Unnie called me earlier this morning to tell me to come home early because Mother has something to tell me. I was with Hyoyeon, Yuri and Jessica when we dropped by at Unnie’s cafe house. When I got home, Mother then told me that I am already engaged in a fixed marriage and sooner I will really get married to a complete stranger,” she narrated as the others exchanged looks.

“Looks like you really need to wind out tonight, so no more objections, you are coming with us to party!” Jessica and Hyoyeon high fived each other.

 

Sooyoung stayed by the girl’s place until eight where they left to get to the nearest clubhouse. The place is just getting warmed up but then it’s already jam packed with people of high class.

“Wind out Sooyoung! Let’s party!” Jessica squealed and joined the crowd getting wild on the dance floor.

Sooyoung followed together with Hyoyeon. She let the blaring music take away all her miseries for the mean time.

 

There was much party music, drinks and dance that she forgot her phone which was ringing on her bag. But then it was muffled by the loud music. She really let all her worries get drowned by the music.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Soojin tried for the nth time to contact her sister but then after the ringing, it will lead to her voice message inbox. Mrs. Choi, peeked at the door, “Have you contacted her?” she asked.

“She can’t pick up. I have given her almost a hundred calls but none were answered. did she happen to leave it at home?” she asked her mother.

“Then it might have ringed when we tried to call her before we leave,” her mother replied.

“I’ll try for the last time then I’ll just make up excuses so that they won’t get frustrated or something,” she replied and dialed her younger sister’s number for the last time.

 

After her last failed attempt, she went inside the private room they reserved for the night on one of the rare expensive restaurants in the city.

“I’m sorry but I think she is quite busy. The last thing she said was she is to complete her last requirement for her major subject,” Soojin lied to the two guests sitting opposite the table.

The older woman smiled, “I completely understand if your daughter won’t meet us.  I know it came as a shock for her that she will be married sooner than expected. My son here completely understands too, right Kris?” she looked at the tall guy seated beside her.

Kris smiled, “Ne, I understand.”

“I hope this event would not mean that you would cut the marriage as it has been fixed,” Kris’ Mother looked at the Choi’s in front of her.

Mrs. Choi smiled, “No it would not. I would assure you that my daughter will surely agree to the marriage. Shall we enjoy the meal before it gets cold?’ she gestured over the served food.

 

After the said meal and more talks about the upcoming wedding, Kris finally sighed in relief when they left the restaurant.

“That was so rude to let their daughter not attend the dinner,” he complained as their limousine moves on the highway.

“No, I think that is rude. Good thing you didn’t fret or cried in front of them about how you hate the marriage,” his mother looked at him.

“I have no other choice,” he looked outside the window.

“Didn’t you inform me earlier that you and the boys will meet somewhere?” his mother asked after a moment of silence.

“Good thing you remind me. Drop me in here, it’s just around the curve where we would meet.” Kris said as the driver parks the car.

 

“Don’t forget to come home early okay?” her mother gave him one last look on the window before she let the driver move the car.

When the car is already out of sight, he called Suho for the location before he let his long legs bring him to the place.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The club reeks with people when he got there. He went straight to the VIP box where they always stay. Chanyeol and Tao are already by the railings looking down at the people on the dance floor.

“How was the dinner? Is she really beautiful?” Suho welcomed him.

“She didn’t came, so I don’t think she is anywhere beautiful with that attitude,” he replied and dropped himself on the vacant sofa.

“Hey guys! Look! A dance showdown!” Tao exclaimed pointing down. Everyone stood up to watched the crowd cheering for three female showing off their dance moves in the middle of the dance floor.

The first one to showcase her moves is a small lady with blonde locks. She moved with the beat of the music as the crowd cheers her name, Hyoyeon.

 

The second one is a tall girl with long straight black hair and by the way the light shines on her, she seems to have a lightly dark skin tone. The crowd cheered on her name, Yuri, as she shows off her moves after Hyoyeon.

 

The last one made the boys stop not just from awe but by her name. She moved perfectly, almost equally amazing like the first two. The crowd cheered the name the girl the boys want to meet, Sooyoung. After a minute of showcase, the three danced in synch with the music before the crowd erupted into loud cheers when they are done. The people then joined the three after the last step.

 

“As far as I can remember, I cleaned my ears just this morning,” Chanyeol looked at the boys who were speechless as well.

“It’s Sooyoung right? They cheered the name Sooyoung right?” Chen blinked.

 

In a matter of minutes, everyone scampered to get down and meet the lady, leaving Kris and Luhan behind.

“Aren’t you interested to meet you future sister-in-law?” Kris looked at Luhan but the latter just lifted his glass.

“As much as I want, I would rather meet her when the two of you are done exchanging vows,” he smiled and sipped on his drink.

 

It took the boys a long while to spot her but then looks like she is already drunk; which amazed them more.

“How can someone as drunk as that dance like that?” Lay asked.

“She must be a real dancer then. Hyung will need to polish his dance moves then,” Kai replied as they watch the drunken Sooyoung get assistance from two other girls as the girls lined up to leave the club.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“So what did you get?” Luhan asked when the boys returned.

“Man! You would not believe it but she is actually drunk when she did the dance showdown,” Xiumin replied taking his place beside Luhan.

Luhan looked at Xiumin as if he had grown two heads, “Jinja?”

The next thing, the boys are already discussing about the said lady while Kris remain uninterested, savoring his drink.