Special Chapter (Chapter 25)

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Sooyoung held Jinri by the waist as she guides her on the front porch. “Noona, why is Jinri crying?”

Jinri and Sooyoung looked up to see Minki beside his car. “Minki, what are you doing here?” Sooyoung asked.

“Mommy asked me to pick up Jinri. Why is she crying?” he asked again. Jinri sniffed and ran to hug him. It was after a few minutes when they had Jinri inside the car that before Minki gets on the driver’s seat; he asks again, “Noona, I believe you would answer me now. Why is Jinri crying?”

Sooyoung sighed, “Minki, it’s not right to meddle on it,” then gestured him to go on. When the car finally disappears in sight, she gets inside to talk to Kai.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Kris was about to knock on Sehun’s room but the door is wide open. He saw Sehun on his bed, his hands on his face. He slowly made his way to him.

“Sehun, why did you do that?” he asked calmly, sitting beside him.

“Hyung, it hurts in here,” he pointed to his chest.

“I know but that was rude for Jinri. I mean, just why would a girl like her react like that if she really did that?” Kris asked again.

“Why would I know? Maybe that’s the reason why she would just wait for me in here so she can do whatever she wants to do with Kai, that bastard son of a b****!” he messed his hair out of frustration.

“For almost six months the two of you had been together, I don’t think Jinri would do that,” Kris sighed.

“Tell me, what would you do if you saw noona kissing another man?” Sehun looked at the older one straight in the eyes.

“I would get mad, but I’ll try as much as possible to control my anger and look at things properly. Getting angry wouldn’t bring you any good.”

“That’s bull! You can only say that because you never experienced it!” Sehun stood up and went out, slamming the door close with him. Kris can only sigh.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Sooyoung saw Kai sitting on the bench near the door. He had his head between his hands, faint sobs echoing from him. She slowly sat beside him, patting his back.

“Kai, don’t cry. I know how it feels,” she started.

“Noona, you would not understand,” he said, his voice shaking from tears.

“What? The feeling that you love someone who is already committed?” she asked. There was silence.

“You know what, I liked someone, no, loved someone before Kris and I got married. It was that feeling where everything gets in slow motion when he passes by. But then he is already taken. All I can do is just stare at him,” she sighed.

“But it’s different when it happens into a guy. I don’t know but my control slipped off,” he replied, his head still down.

“What would you do now?” she asked after an ample time of silence.

“I think I’ll go home for a few days to think and let the maknae cool down,” he lifts his head wiping the tears and let out a loud sigh.

“But Kai, what would the others say if you would leave? You need to at least bid your farewell,” she looked at him.

“Knowing them, I might have a hard time convincing them,” he just smiled at her.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

During dinner, the two maknaes are all silent. Sehun just stared at his plate while Kai eats so slowly. All of the sudden, Sehun pushed his plate, “I’m full. I’ll go upstairs,” then left the table.

“By the way, I’ll probably leave tomorrow and visits home. I kind of miss my Mom and Dad,” Kai started after a while.

All of them looked at him, “WHAT?” they exclaimed in unison.

He smiled and looked at Sooyoung, “Noona, kindly take care of my room for a while.”

“Wait, wait! Something must be up, just what is this fishy thing happening?” Tao looked at Kai.

“What fishy are you talking about? I’ll just get to my room now so I can prepare my things,” then stood up and left the table.

 

It was the boys turn to look at the married couple with prying eyes. “Spill,” Xiumin stated, more like an order.

Kris looked at Sooyoung, “I’ll go?” he asked.

“Ne, I’ll just supply the things you would miss,” she smiled.

The Kris started his tale about the ‘fishy’ thing. After the tale telling, they all exchanged looks.

“I would never allow Kai to leave this house,” Chanyeol firmly stated. “We must do something to reconcile them,” he added.

“So whose fault is it?” Luhan asked.

“I can’t blame Jinri since I very well know that she would never do that nor Sehun since that is a normal reaction from a lad going through pre adolescent stage in a relationship. Lastly, I cannot blame Kai since he is just going through emotional problems regarding commitments,” Sooyoung sighed.

“We’ll think of other ways to reconcile them for the meantime,” Kris added.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The next day, Xiumin sent the two to school and sighed in relief when they stayed silent all through the way. When they arrived at the gate, Sehun went down first. Kai decided to stay for a while and decided to follow when he saw Sehun disappear by the gate. “Just bear with it Kai, Sehun will soon understand your side,” Xiumin looked at him through the rearview mirror.

 

While Sehun was walking to his first subject, Minki suddenly blocked his pathway. “Follow me,” he hissed before turning so Sehun can follow. They made a turn on where the exit is located. In there waits another four guy whom Sehun recognized as Minki’s group of friends. Kai, who was on his way to go up on the next floor, saw the open door of the exit. He saw Sehun being surrounded by Minki and his friends. He felt tempted to get inside there but he stopped himself. Instead, he grabbed his phone and messaged the others.

 

“What do you want?” Sehun asked, looking at Minki’s friends.

“Why did you made Jinri cry?” Minki leaned by the wall, crossing his arms.

“Why do you even care? That’s our personal business,” he rolled his eyes. “If that’s what you would ask, then I believe you are in no place to meddle in our affair,” he added and turned around to leave but then, one of Minki’s friend stopped him by tapping his shoulder.

“Not so fast,” he smiled and before he knew it, Sehun felt himself getting punched in the face sending him a few feet away.

“I may not be the one directly involved but I already warned you regarding Jinri,” Minki stepped forward.

 

*FLASHBACK* (Not included part in Chapter Twenty One)

 

Jinri went to call Sooyoung who went to relax herself a few minutes ago when Minki gestured Sehun to follow him on a corner.

“Ne, Minki, is there something wrong?” Sehun smiled at the blonde one.

“Are you really serious about my sister?” Minki immediately asked.

“Ne, I am serious. I would never have the strength to tell it to the whole group if I am not serious. I was just scared before, but now I am more proud to tell the world that she is my girl,” Sehun replied, a dreamy smile on his face.

“I have only one word for you,” Minki straightened himself, “Don’t ever make her cry or hurt her. You would definitely regret getting to know me,” he tapped Sehun’s shoulder and left him.

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

“Looks like you will be visiting the clinic early in the morning,” Minki lifted him by the collar and punched him in the face.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It was Sooyoung and Suho who went to the school to get to Sehun who was reported to be beaten down.

“What happened?” Sooyoung immediately moved closer to check on the maknae.

“Some students helped him when they saw him beaten by the exit,” the nurse explained lifting the tray after treating Sehun’s wounds.

“Did you recognize them?” Suho asked but Sehun just shook his head.

“Omo, who would do this to my baby maknae?” Sooyoung looked over Sehun’s wound with such worry, checking every part that’s been treated.

Sehun chuckled, “Noona, these will heal sooner. No need to worry,” he assured her.

“You can bring him home. He had a few broken bones since he didn’t fight back as what he recounts so you can have him be checked so you can be sure,” the nurse said and left them.

“Where was Kai? He was supposed to help you. I will surely give him a good scolding,” Suho sighed as he stood up and assists Sehun while Sooyoung brought his bag.

 

Kai stayed on the corner near the Clinic and watched the three leave. He sighed, feeling the guilt tormenting his soul. But then it has been done and he can’t do anything to bring it back. He was actually grateful to see him beaten down for making Jinri cry and punching him the other day, but then he is also guilty of not helping him when he saw him by the exit. Although he didn’t help him, he knows who did that to him but he has no intention of telling them who is it.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“There are no severe areas according to the X-ray. He just needs a few days to rest and warm compress on the affected areas to maintain the blood circulation,” the doctor smiled at the three, “Here’s the list of medicine he needs to take so he can recover immediately.”

Sooyoung gave the maknae a one arm hug as the maknae leans on to her.

“If you don’t mind, is he your son?” the doctor asked.

Sooyoung smiled, “Aniyo, he is my husband’s younger brother.”

“Oh, but he doesn’t look like your husband,” the doctor spared Suho a glance.

“Oh, you must have been mistaken, he is not my husband, he is my husband’s brother too,” Sooyoung smiled.

“How many brothers does your husband have?” the doctor asked again.

“Eleven,” she smiled, confusing the doctor all the more.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Noona, I will be leaving the day after tomorrow,” Kai said right after dinner.

“That early? But Kai,” she pouted.

“I need time and space to think and to cool down the maknae’s temper,” he smiled and gave a bow before leaving her.

 

After a few minutes, Sooyoung gathered the boys on the living room.

“Kai will leave the day after tomorrow, what shall we do?” she looked at the ten faces in front of her.

“It has been five days since their fight, why don’t we … “ Lay started.

 

After relaying the plan, the boys decided to talk to Kai. They poured in inside his room.

“Kaiii~” Chanyeol ran up to hug the addressed one who is busy packing a few clothes on his bag.

“Are we too late to stop you?” Kyungsoo sat opposite him to help him fold his shirts.

“My parents will pick me up the day after tomorrow. Besides, I miss them too,” he smiled at them.

“But would it be unfair if you would just have your vacation at your place without us?” –Baekhyun

“Yeah, if you would visit your home, the twelve of us should be complete.” –Tao

“Sehun needs time to cool down and I need space to think. I’m the one who is at fault so I need to clear my mind.” –Kai

“Are we really too late?” –Luhan

“There would be no one who would help Tao in the dishes.” –Chen

“And your Sooyoung noona would surely look for your presence.” –Kris

“Just for whom would I give the chicken I always bring home after work?” –Suho

“I would miss my Kai too.” –Chanyeol

“I would lose a partner in practicing a few routines in dancing.” –Lay

“And I would not want a crying Kyungsoo on my room just because Kai is not anywhere in sight.” –Xiumin

 

Kai let out a chuckle, “I will only be gone for a week. Don’t worry; I will bring home presents for all of you.”

Everyone let out a loud sigh as he started to stuff his things on his bag. Little they know Sehun is standing near the open door, listening to their conversation. He bowed his head and started to walk back to his room when he met Sooyoung on his way up. “What are you doing downstairs?” she asked.

“Nothing, I just went down for a drink,” he sadly replied.

“Would you want to talk with me?” she smiled. With a tired sigh, he agreed and followed her to the front door so they can sit by the front porch.

 

“I feel so guilty.  I mean, I think Kai had suffered enough. It’s kind of rude to prolong this quarrel,” he started the moment they sat on the flat railings.

“Would you want to say sorry to him?” Sooyoung smiled.

“I’m afraid,” Sehun bowed his head, the wind softly blowing.

“Afraid of what?” she asked again.

“That he may not forgive me, that even Jinri would never forgive me for doing that to her. Noona, I miss those times where we share things altogether, but I miss Jinri all the more,” he sobbed painting a sad smile on the female one. She moved and gave him a hug, rubbing his back to comfort him.

“I know. The three of you had suffered enough to realize your mistakes. I am so sure Jinri misses you too,” she said.

“Noona, you don’t know how hard it is to put up a strong front, a poker face whenever I would meet her by the hallway. It really breaks my heart that I really want to just grab her and hug her and just hold her near …” he stopped and cried his heart out. Sooyoung just let him let out all those pain he had inside him.

 

After crying, he leaned on to her, exhausted from crying. “Are you ready to reconcile with them?” she asked.

“Ne,” he replied.

“And Minki needs to apologize too,” Sooyoung added.

Sehun lifted his head, “How did you know?” he asked.

“I have my ways. Just don’t mind how I came to know it. All that matters is that you guys should reconcile. Shall we have it tomorrow, after lunch?” she asked again.

He gave a nod, feeling the air finally getting inside his lungs.