Chapter Seven

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

The door of the large master’s bedroom slammed open revealing an infuriated Kris. He jogged down the stairs to check the other boys who were all doing the finishing touches on their outfits.

“Kris, why are you still not dressed?” Mr. Wu asked upon seeing his son.

“Someone took my white polo,” he hissed looking around to check the boys. Just in time, Chanyeol stepped out of the kitchen, buttoning the cuffs of his polo.

“Hyung, why are you not dressed?” he asked reaching for his coat.

Kris turned around and glared at him, “How come you are wearing my polo?”

Chanyeol gulped from the sight of the infuriated Kris.

“Hyung, it’s with my coat,” he blinked.

 

“Kris, why don’t you wear the black one? It would look nice anyway,” Mrs. Wu patted her son’s arm to cool him down. Kris took another deep breath and slowly went upstairs to finally get dressed.

“How come you had his polo?” Kai asked.

“I don’t know. It’s hanged together with my coat,” Chanyeol looked at all of them.

“It’s okay. Kris will be fine,” Mrs. Wu smiled an assuring one on Chanyeol.

 

After almost twenty minutes, Kris went down the stairs wearing his white coat and managed to get a white polo underneath it. He is still fixing his black tie while the other boys looked up at him like he was a god who is descending from Mt. Olympus.

“Where did you get that white one?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I used one of my old ones. I don’t want to be rude wearing black when it’s a white bell occasion,” he replied.

 

When everyone’s done, all of them paraded out to get to their respective cars. Since Kris will be with his parents, the eleven of them divided themselves on the two black BMW’s. The Wu used the white one.

“I’ll drive,” Kris volunteered when his father stopped him.

“No, I will drive. I don’t want my son to do it on his wedding day,” he smiled.

“Thanks Dad,” he smiled back, opening the door of the backseat. His mother took the front seat as his father sits behind the wheels.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The girls are all getting teary eyed as the make-up artist puts on the wedding veil on Sooyoung. The bride grabbed a tissue and wiped off the tears welling up on her eyes so as not to ruin her make-up.

“Sooyoung, I really can’t believe you are getting married today,” Jessica moved to give her friend a hug as the latter hugs back.

“I can’t believe it either. I am scared,” she whispered back.

 

The girls are all wearing uniform styled fuchsia pink long gowns. Their hairstyles are even uniform creating that ‘we look identical’ fashion.

Sooyoung had a white wedding gown with straps. There are no visible designs, just plain and simple gown with a large skirt but the way she wears it gives a glamorous effect on it. Her hair is held in a bun, a small tiara atop her head to hold the veil. The only jewelry she has is the diamond necklace with diamond drops dangling on her ears.

 

The girls gave her one last hug and last advices before her Unnie called her to get down because the car is already waiting.

The girls were the first to get down, parading their dresses before Sooyoung who regaled down the stairs with her dress and heart melting smile. Her father helped her get down the house up to the car. Her sister, Soojin, joined her on the bridal car to comfort her.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Kris arrived just in time as the invited people fill the church. They only invited few key persons. Sooyoung firmly stated about her hatred on jam packed event which would only lead to a noisy ceremony. The church is only filled midway on both sides of the aisle.

He got down the car as the other boys lined up on the church stairs for the entourage.

They welcomed the people who arrived after them.

 

“Hyung, here comes the bride!” Lay excitedly pointed on to the approaching three white cars. The last one is adorned with flowers, somehow branding it as the bride’s car.

The other guests waiting outside moved to get inside, relaying the news about the arrival of the bride. The wedding coordinator then asked the boys to line up as the bride’s maid moved out of the car. Just as planned, they will get inside individually and not by pair.

 

The very first to get inside are the boys starting from Kyungsoo,  then Baekhyun, Chen, Suho, Xiumin, Lay, Luhan, Kai, Sehun, Chanyeol, Tao then Kris’ parents. The last one to get inside is Kris. Somehow, they resembled a fashion show on a showcase.

 

The next one is the girls, starting off with Sunny, Hyoyeon, Jessica, Tiffany, Taeyeon, Yoona, Yuri then Seohyun. It was then followed by Soojin who is the maid of honor. There were no flower girls or ring bearers present. The host for the ceremony then introduced the bride. Everyone stood up as the wedding march starts to play.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Sooyoung kept on calming herself as both her parents escorts her up the stairs to get inside the church. She heard the wedding march playing the moment she stood by the entrance. ‘Changmin oppa! You are getting married to Changmin oppa!’ she kept on mentally chanting to keep herself from frowning. She looked ahead to see her groom standing near the center aisle.

 

When she recognized Kris, she repeated her chant and bent her head down. She felt the warm touch of her father on her hand, “Don’t worry my dear. I am sure he will take care of you,” he smiled somehow making the bride teary eyed.

 

Step by step, they inched towards the standing groom in white. When they are already in front of him, Mr. Choi guided Sooyoung’s hand into his own who is reaching for hers. “Take care of my youngest daughter,” her father said as Kris held her hand. Mrs. Choi gave the two a hug before they left to get to their seats. Kris gave a smile, “Shall we?” he wound her arm on his own. Sooyoung bared her teeth, glaring at him.

“Not now beautiful, we are in the middle of a ceremony,” Kris ignored her threat and led her to the center aisle where they will sit. He helped her on her gown allowing her to sit first before he did.

 

The ceremony soon started same with the exchange of whispers from the couple.

“Smile a bit my dear. I don’t want the other guests t think that my wife is grumpy,” Kris started.

“Smile my a**. Just so you know Mister Kris, I am not a grumpy lady,” Sooyoung whispered back.

“Really? Then why don’t you show me one of those precious smiles of yours?”

“I don’t smile to those whom I despise.”

“You can despise me but you will never get rid of me,” Kris smirked at her.

Sooyoung took a few deep breaths before she turned her head to give her deadliest glare, but Kris shrugged it off. He just finds it amusing and somewhat y.

“Who’s your first kiss?” Kris suddenly asked after a while.

“Why do you ask?”

“Just curious,” he replied.

Sooyoung scoffed, “Does it even matter for a guy like you? Why? Are afraid that you are not my first kiss?”

“I’m asking you; who is your first kiss?” he gave her a side glance.

“Why would I answer you by the way? I keep my private lives a secret, especially my affairs,” she replied, her words laced with such attitude that annoyed him.

“Being my wife, you have the obligation to tell me about your past,” he hissed.

“Obligations? Who told you about that stupid rule?” she smirked, annoying him even more.

 

Their exchange of words continued that even when they are about to do the vows the priest has to get their attention first.

“Miss Sooyoung, Mister Kris, the exchange of vows will now commence,” he whispered on the two, covering the microphone so it would not echo. “That thing can wait on your first night together,” he added which annoyed the two.

 

Being the gentleman, he stood up first and helped Sooyoung stand up as the two escorts remove the chairs. They stood face to face as the priest started the very old lines they always say during weddings.

“We gather here to witness the ….”

The two stood there face-to-face, both rolling their eyes whenever their gazes meet.

“Kris, do you take Sooyoung as your lawful wedded wife, promising to love and take care of her in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer till death do you part?” The priest looked at Kris.

“I do,” he vowed immediately.

“Sooyoung, do you take Kris as your lawful wedded husband, , promising to love and take care of her in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer till death do you part?” he then looked at Sooyoung.

Sooyoung spared her mother and her sister a look, even her father. She bowed down her head, tears trickling down her face. She started to sob, silently.

 

There was a murmur on the guests as the priest repeats the vow. Sooyoung gave her shaky,” With all my heart, I do.” Kris gaped at her, ‘Did she just said with all my heart?’ he thought looking at her wiping off her tears.

“By the power bestowed upon me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride,” the priest closed the Bible and smiled at Kris.

Kris slowly moved to unveil her face and seal the vow. He did it slowly, adding such dramatic effect for the guests. When he had already uncovered her face, he slowly reached for her waist, pulling her close. She looked up at him with a shocked expression. He smirked as he held her chin to steady her face.

 

When he slowly bent over, she started to lean back, avoiding his face. She closed her eyes and turned her head, letting his lips touch her cheeks instead. When she felt that he had moved back, she turned her head only to be kissed again; this time, straight to her lips. Her eyes widened from the very brief touch of their lips.

‘My first kiss,’ she thought after he parted, still holding her by the waist.

“I am your first kiss right?” he smirked as the guests stood up, clapping their hands for the newly wed.

He guided her for them to look at the guests since she was too shocked from the kiss.

 

The next part is the picture taking. The boys started first, followed by the girls, before the two groups joined the couple again, creating a very large crowd on the center aisle. The next are the family, first with his parents before her family members then the union of the two families. Other guests followed before the last picture which was solely for the couple. The bride’s maid helped in arranging her gown as they stood side by side. For the sake of their parents looking at them, Sooyoung gave her sweetest smile despite the fact that his arm on her waist annoys her.

 

She was then surprised when he lifted her up, displaying the famous ‘bridal carry’ style. She looked at him but looks like her husband enjoys what he is doing; painting a lovely smile on her face. He carried her up to the entrance where the guests showered them with confetti’s and rice. The white BMW is already waiting at the foot of the large stairs. He then helped her slowly descend since she is having a hard time holding her gown with the bouquet on her grip.

 

When they got inside the car, he looked at her, “I thought you despise me? Why do that ‘with all my heart’ phrase?” he grinned.

“I did that for my mother not for an idiot like you,” she rolled her eyes and moved on the other side of the car.

“I wonder what’s in the menu for the reception. I am really hungry,” she sighed playing with the roses on her bouquet.

He gave her a questioning look, but then dismissed it when he heard his stomach grumble too.