Chapter Eight

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

When they got on the venue of the wedding reception, which was on a hotel, Kris helped her get to the stage where they will sit. While they are having their meal, some guests rendered them with love songs. Kris had his fair share of the food and focused on the champagne. When he spared his wife a look, she seems to be enjoying her third serve already.

“What kind of stomach do you have for that appetite?” he frowned.

Sooyoung looked at him, taking in a sushi, “Bottomless,” came her muffled reply.

Kris grimaced from her display of being unlady-like. She just ignored her and continued on satisfying herself. When she finished her fourth serving, she leaned on her chair and let out a burp.

“Don’t you have any manners?” Kris looked at her again.

“Well, I am sorry that you are married to a sikshin like me,” she rolled her eyes reaching for her champagne.

 

“For this part, let us have the couple to lead the first dance before they proceeded on slicing the cake,” the Emcee pointed on to the newly wed as the guests gave them an applause.

Kris smiled as he stood up and fixes his coat before he reached for her hand. Sooyoung looked at him first before receiving his offer. He guided her to the dance floor as a soft mellow starts to play, silencing the noisy atmosphere. His hand naturally wound on her small waist as her arms travel on to the back of his neck. He pulled her a bit closer as they started to slowly sway. Kris smiled at her, “Smile my dear, don’t frown,” he reminded her.

 

She pouted, “And if I don’t? What will you do?”

“I’ll kiss you.” With that she immediately smiled, making him chuckle at her effort.

“Please, let it go natural,” he tried to stifle the grin forming on his lips.

“How would you let me do it naturally when I don’t even like what we are doing right now?” she pouted again.

He bent down to scare her when the guests started to cheer for a kiss. Her eyes widened in shock and later turned to a glare as if warning him not to do it. A smirk forms on his face as he inched closer making her lean back again. The crowd went loud when he did that and to satisfy their request, he immediately cupped her face, kissing her once more. Her hands fell from his shoulder down to her sides.

 

The kiss was slow, as if like he is letting her get used to the feeling of having his lips on hers. But the same shock when he kissed her after the vow took over her. She slowly felt his other hand travel down her arms to hold her by the waist as he tries to deepen the kiss despite the loud cheers from the guests. When he failed to let her respond to it, he parted and watched her flushed, shocked state up close.

“Would you want me to teach you how to respond?” he whispered but she just blinked her eyes in shock.

For them not to get embarrassed, he pulled her in a hug drawing a tease from the crowd. He slowly bent down again to whisper in her ears, “Don’t think of fainting in here or I will do you here,” he threatened which somehow worked since he felt her move.

 

The slicing of the cake which followed proved to be her most awaited part because she can’t stop herself from poking on the icing to have a taste on it.

“Yah! Don’t do that,” Kris moved her hand when she saw her reach for the flowers, “Those are clays, not sugar treats,” he added.

Sooyoung looked at him, “But I want to taste them. Unnie said those are sweets,” she pouted biting her lower lip.

Kris guided her hand so that both of them hold the knife, “Let’s slice this together so you can have your own.”

He sighed thinking that he had just been married to a five year-old girl from the way she acts.

“Where’s the feisty Sooyoung before?” he said as he placed the sliced part on the platter but she didn’t replied. Her twinkling eyes focuses on the slice of cake on the platter. To , he grabbed the fork first and took a slice. She smiled thinking he will feed her but he did not. She glared at him as he handed her the fork, “I hate you,” she hissed. He smiled instead as she takes a bite on the sliced cake.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The reception lasted till five in the afternoon. Before the guests left, small glass swan figures were given to them as token from the newly wed. Too tired to move, Sooyoung leaned on her chair as Kris talked to the last of the guests. The eleven boys and the eight girls together with her Unnie’s café house employees helped in clearing the place since they will all be staying on the hotel. Soojin went up to sit beside her, “How are you feeling?” she asked as she fixes her veil.

“Too tired to move,” she bent down to remove her white heels.

“Are you happy?” she asked again. Sooyoung looked at her sister and gave a sad smile, “I have to.”

A tear fell from Soojin’s eye as she reaches to give her younger sister a tight hug.

“Unnie, why are you crying?” Sooyoung asked as she pats her back.

“I’m sorry that you have to get through these things this early,” Soojin sobbed.

Sooyoung’s lips curved into a warm smile, “Unnie, I am already old enough to take care of myself,” she parted, “There’s the sea behind the building, would you want to take a walk on the shore?” she offered instead.

Soojin agreed as she helped her younger sister on her dress.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

After almost two hours of clearing the place, everyone started to move to get to their rooms. Kris looked around for his wife.

“Suho, have you seen Sooyoung?” he asked the passing Suho.

“I saw her and her sister went that way. Must be on the beach at the back,” he replied and proceeded to go with the boys. Kris his heels and went to where Suho pointed. He went through the large glass door only to be welcomed by the sea breeze and the sound of the waves. He relaxed from the caress of the wind before he strained her eyes to look for a lady in white. There goes his wife walking with her sister, her gown being touched by the waves.

 

“Sooyoung!” he called making the two female turn their head on his approaching figure.

“Kris, is the clearing already done?” Soojin asked when he got near them.

“Ne Noona, the rest already went up to their rooms to rest. Why are the two of you in here?” he asked looking at his wife. Sooyoung tremble by the sudden blow of the wind.

“Why didn’t you bring any coat or jacket?” he frowned while removing his coat and moves to cover Sooyoung. Soojin smiled at the gesture of affection.

“I guess I’ll get inside. The two of you can stay for a little while to relax your mind. The wind is very soothing,” she smiled at the newlywed before she left them. Sooyoung just gave a sigh as she watches her sister get inside the hotel.

 

“Don’t you have any plans of getting inside?” he asked her. She looked at him, “Later,” she replied and walked past him, holding her white heels as she slowly moves forward.

“What’s your drama this time?” he sighed and followed her.

She turned around and handed him her heels, “Carry me inside, I’m tired,” she ordered. He gaped at her request. She looked back at him with a poker face before her laughter echoed together with the wave sounds.

“You should look at yourself in the mirror!” she held her stomach to stop herself from laughing. He just scoffed at her laughter, annoyed by her response.

 

“Don’t worry, I don’t have plans of letting you carry me for real,” she bent down and wears her white heels and started to move to get inside. She picked up her bouquet by the flower pot near the entrance as he follows closely behind her.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Kris held her gaze as they stood face to face. The lights are on, the wind blowing on the open door to the balcony. The curtain flaps slowly as the two holds their gaze longer than usual.

“Looks like someone going to sleep on the couch tonight,” Kris smirked.

“Then the gentleman do,” Sooyoung replied with a smirk too.

Both of them looked down the small narrow bed between them which their parents allotted for them on their first night together.

“Sad to say that you are married to a no gentleman,” Kris replied and moved to lie on the bed, folding his arms behind his head.

Sooyoung gaped at his gesture before she furiously bent down to remove her shoes and kick him off the other side of the bed. Kris fell on a loud thud. When he sat up, Sooyoung lied down on her stomach, closing her eyes from the feel of the soft mattress. He stood up and went to the other side, holding her feet to turn her on her back and pulled her off the bed. She fell on her , “Ouch! Yah!” she turned to see him on the bed already, propping his head on his arm, looking at her.

 

She stood up and lifted the covers rolling him off the bed again. She stood with a satisfied smile before laying down the bed only to be lifted off of it. “Yah! Put me down!” she protested.

“Put you down? There!” he let her fall on the couch before he jumped on the bed.

“KRIS!” she yelled and stood up to roll him off the bed again with her hands.

Their battle continued. No matter how they try to get the bed for their own, they just end up on the floor. Only God knows how the two end up sleeping face to face on the small narrow bed with their wedding clothes on.