Chapter Thrity

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

It’s already more than a month since Kris had left. Sooyoung had made a mark on another day on her calendar when she woke up. So much for being a wife for a busy man.

 

“Noona, your manager called, she will pick you up by eight for the photo shoot,” Kyungsoo peeked over her door. She checked the clock and it’s exactly seven in the morning. For the past month, Kyungsoo had already the habit of waking her up by seven, weekends or not.

“Five more minutes,” she pulled the cover up.

“No more five minutes,” then Kyungsoo pulled the cover from her, making her groan and pull herself up.

“I’m giving you fifteen minutes to prepare so you can have breakfast,” then placed the cover on the chair near the door.

 

Sooyoung groaned again and pulled herself lazily to the bathroom. After more than fifteen minutes, she went down combing her hair, dressed up in a casual blue skinny jeans and a checkered yellow and blue polo. The boys are all gathered up for breakfast.

“Noona, what will be your concept for today?” Sehun asked as she moves to get near them. She was startled to see Luhan smiling down at his phone, walking past her.

“Wedding dress, wedding gowns and stuffs related to wedding,” she replied as she took her usual seat.

“Anyeong noona!” V greeted her by placing her serve of hotcakes and a mug of warm chocolate drink.

“Taehyung? What are you doing here?” she looked up at him.

“Baekhyun hyung gave me a call. You know how much he misses me,” then smiled at the addressed one who rolled his eyes.

“That’s good to know. So you will be going to the shop later?” she asked.

V gave a nod and moved back to the kitchen.

 

“Noona, hyung gave a call regarding your photo shoot. Should I tell him about the concept?” Suho asked her.

“Skip it this time. I can already his angry face once he knows that we will do the wedding concept. I cannot perfect that concept alone anyways and you know how he goes when he learns that I am doing shoots with a partner. Although I must thank his mother for helping me keep his identity as my husband,” she relayed.

Suho gave a nod resuming on his meal.

“Where will be the shoot location?” Chanyeol asked.

“Oh, it will be in Jeju, so I will not be home for tonight since we will do some covers by nightfall,” she looked at the boys.

 

“Then, that’s a big no,” Chen started, “I will come with you since I am free up to next week. I don’t want a raging dragon to appear once hyung comes back,” he added in which the members agreed on.

Sooyoung can only sigh and nod in agreement. ‘I can’t possibly get past these eleven people,’ she thought.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The trip to Jeju took place right after briefing. Chen tagged along the crew and her manager don’t mind at all since he had been helpful and all. He was just only surprised to know that Changmin is her ‘groom’ for the pictorial. She took a nap when they are aboard the plane and even on the way to the hotel which was the shoot’s location too. It was around one in the afternoon.

 

The crew got busy by twelve in setting up the place as the artists gets busy on the models. Chen made himself comfortable from afar the set to watch the people go on. When Sooyoung went out the hotel completely dressed, a smile got painted on his lips. ‘Hyung’s really lucky,’ he thought. But the smile soon grew little when her male partner came out wearing a white tuxedo. It compliments the white long gown she is wearing with a few intricate details on the collar. It comes with a shawl as a white choker adorns her neck.

 

The scene will be by the garden. It was a very close body contact somehow making Chen uneasy. ‘Why do I smell trouble from this pictorial?’ he thought as he watch the two pose. The pictorial rolled on till seven on various locations; the garden, the small chapel near the hotel, the play ground and lastly, near the shore.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It was around nine when Sooyoung retired to her quarter. Chen chose to take the room beside hers. She grabbed her iPad and opened her e-mails. There are few notifications and some other mails. Then there’s her husband’s name which means he sent her a mail. She was startled to see her pictorial just earlier flooded on his message. As she was about to scroll furthermore, her phone rang.

“Ne?” she answered without reading the caller ID.

“It’s good that Chen joined you in your stay at Jeju but I despise the thought that you are doing another photo shoot with that guy.”

Anger laced up his voice as she checked the other pictures which looks like secretly taken as they are having dinner earlier. The staffs made them sit side by side despite her protests.

“Are you stalking me?” she asked, moving to get near the open balcony, leaving the gadget on the bed.

“I already told you that I have my ways to know things. I know you will be blaming Chen later on, but leave him out of this. He has nothing to do with how I got those pictures. You even asked the boys to keep the details of the pictorial from me huh?”

Looks like he is already mad. “Oppa, I cannot just turn down the offer and there are no kissing scenes or the likes. Can’t you trust me?” she asked. Instead of an answer, he just heard him sigh repeatedly.

“Oppa, believe me. I will not do the same mistake twice,” she blinked back the threatening tears.

There was no reply, just a steady breathing from the other line.

“Oppa, please answer me,” she sobbed, tears spilling again from her eyes.

“Why are you crying?”

She took a few sniffs before answering, “You would not answer me.”

 

It was after a while before he replied back, “Mianhe, I am just stressed from the deal we had a while ago. I am sorry.”

She took another sniff as the cold breeze blew over her, making her hug herself.

“I wish you are here,” she softly whispered, feeling sleepy all of the sudden.

“You sound sleepy. Get some rest now, you are tired too.”

She did not hung up, waiting to hear something from him till she finally hung up without hearing anything from him.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

She finally had a break after that photo shoot. For the day, she will be on recording the OST she will cover for an anime. The writer of the song gave her a copy of the lyrics when she got on the studio and made her listen on the audio in which it was matched into. She took a few practices on it, taking in the notes properly to perfect the song. For this one, it was Baekhyun who joined her since the guy has a very beautiful voice aside from Kyungsoo which could be a good help on the notes.

 

They did some trials and polishing rounds. Right after lunch, they finally started the recording. All the while she is inside the recording room; Baekhyun cheered her while standing behind the music director. After more than three minutes, she smiled as the music director and the writer stood up from their seats with a very satisfied expression and gave her thumbs up. When she got to where they are, Baekhyun had already saved a copy of her recording which was not fully edited for perfection.

“A beautiful face with a brain and a very beautiful voice is something very rare nowadays. I am very glad to meet someone like you,” the song writer shook hands with her same with the music director. To end the meeting, they had a dinner to celebrate the success as more offers flooded in which she directed on her manager.

 

It was around ten when they finally head home. Xiumin picked them up from the restaurant. On the way home, Baekhyun plugged in his phone on the radio and let Sooyoung’s voice serenade them.

“You really had a beautiful voice,” Xiumin commented as Baekhyun nodded in agreement, singing on some parts he was able to catch up.

“Noona, thanks for giving me another lullaby. You know how hard it is to sleep in the night,” Baekhyun looked over her at the backseat only to find her dozing off already.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The persistent ringing of her phone made her groan as she tries to look for it on the flat surface of the side table. When she didn’t found it, she pulled herself in frustration and looked for her bag instead. ‘How did I end up on my bed?’ she thought when she realized that she is inside her bedroom. The ringing of her phone stopped her from thinking again as she made a move to get to her bag and answer the call.

 

There are more than forty missed calls all from her husband. When she checked the clock, it’s freaking four in the morning.

“Oppa, it’s still early and I am sleeping in here,” she groaned, falling on the bed again.

Instead of his voice, she heard her voice on the other line singing the song she had just covered yesterday. It was after the song when she heard her husband speak.

“I never thought my wife to have that kind of voice.”

“When will you be home?” she asked and somehow she hated how desperate she sounds.

“Sooner. I only have a few more deals to attend to and I will be home.”

She gave a sigh, finally feeling fully awake.

“We made it this far, so I guess we could make it to the last deal.”

“Are you taking your meals regularly? Are you stressing yourself again? Are Jongsuk and Woobin doing their work properly? … “ and few more questions flowed out of . He chuckled on the other line.

“Babe, I am doing fine, I am not neglecting myself in here and the two are doing an excellent job, no need to worry.”

“That’s the only thing I can do since I am far from you.”

“I wonder if we would be this sweet and close to each other once I return.”

 

Those words made her think too. Would they really be that sweet as what they are right now or get awkward and all again? Maybe, the fact that Kris can’t see her right now gave her the courage to be sweet and all towards her husband.

“Where’s your next destination on your schedule?”

“I will be visiting the orphanage again. It’s been ages since I last went in there,” she replied, her mind still wandering from his words.

“I forgot your certain fondness over children. Say, would you want a little Kris and Sooyoung when I come back?”

“Yah! I may like kids but I am not that eager to have one already. I am still starting on my career,” she pouted.

“Just kidding. Chill, I don’t want to pressure you anyway.”

“Kris?”

“Hmm..?”

“Don’t you have anything to say to me?” she asked, getting expectant.

“Say what?”

“As expected from my Chinese blonde husband who can’t read between lines. Hey, you are probably on the other half of the world now, so it’s your time to take your rest now right?” she shifted the topic.

“Sooyoung, better tell me that or I will really ruin your plans about not having kids earlier when I get back.”

The threaten suddenly sounded lame for her ears as she rolls her eyes, “Whatever Kris, now hung up now because I need to get a few more hours of sleep.”

“Dream dreams of me.”

Then hung up making her sigh at how her husband can’t get what she really wants to hear from him.