Chapter Thirty Six

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Kyungsoo was just startled when he woke up and saw Sooyoung sitting on his bedside.

He blinked his eyes before covering his face, “Noona, you scared me,” his voice muffled by the sheets.

“Kyungsoo, I need your help and the boys,” she shook him.

“Wae? Are you planning on having a baby and hyung would not resort to your wish?” he pulled himself up and wiped off the sleepiness off his eyes.

“Aniyo, do you know what day is today?”she asked.

“Noona, I just woke up so how can you expect me to be that sharp to give you the date today?” he sighed.

“Paboya, today is Kris’ birthday,” she pouted which startled the male one as he grabs the calendar sitting on his side table. On the number 6 of the month is a red circle with a side note ‘Benben bday.’

 

His wide eyes made her smile, “Don’t worry, he is not aware and is already preparing for work so I guess we have to prepare for a dinner party for him. I will fetch him right before his off from work so we can prepare all day for the party in here, how is that for a surprise?” she looked at him.

Kyungsoo thought for a while before giving a nod.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Take care. I’ll just call you later okay?” Sooyoung smiled and gave her husband a kiss just as she always does before he left for work. When the car had disappeared on the gate she rushed back to the kitchen where the boys are all having their breakfast in their sleepy state.

“KYAAAAA~” she squealed which woke up every fiber of the boys as they get alarmed by her voice.

“What happened?” Suho looked around, still disoriented.

“Now that I have your attention,” she crossed her arms and looked at the eleven pair of eyes, “I need your full cooperation in giving my husband a surprise party since today is his birthday.”

It took a while before everyone, except Kyungsoo processed the news. “PARTY!” they all yelled in chorus.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

By around eleven, everybody is already busy. They grouped themselves according to the task at hand. Sooyoung, Kyungsoo, Xiumin, Luhan, and Baekhyun are on the preparation of the food. Chanyeol, Tao, Chen Sehun and Suho are on the decoration which leaves Lay and Kai on ordering the cake. They started right away since they need to finish earlier so they all can prepare too.

 

Sooyoung grabbed her phone from her pocket after opening the lid of the large pot to put on the pasta on the boiling water when Xiumin accidentally bumps on her causing her to drop it on the pot as she was about to dial Kris’ number.

“Omo! My phone!” she exclaimed as she tries to dip her hand on the boiling water in an instinct only to be stopped by Luhan.

“Don’t do that. Let me get it for you,” he volunteered and reached for the tongs and retrieved the phone. She sighed, “I guess I have to buy myself a new one,” she pouted.

“Mianhe Sooyoung,” Xiumin patted her shoulder.

“Aniyo, its fine. It’s time to get a new phone anyway,” she grinned and lifted the damaged gadget, placing it on the cupboard and continues on making the pasta.

 

Right after setting the dishes, the people on the kitchen proceeds to get to the living room to check the decorations. Sooyoung was so dismayed to see them barely finished on setting up the area.

“What are you all doing?” she stared at the scattered litters on the floor. Chanyeol and Tao who were up to put on the streamer turned to look at her. Chen and Sehun had party hats on and cutting papers while Suho is busy on the other confetti, not able to hear Sooyoung.

 

She sighed and moved to help them, “This one should be in here,” she started as the boys started to move according to her instructions. The cake two layered cake arrived by around two thirty in the afternoon, courtesy of Lay and Kai. They even bought candles to go with it.

Everyone then gathered the foods on the living room, cleaned up the litters and decided to freshen up so their sweat would not dominate the place.

“I’ll go and pick him up,” Sooyoung announced since she was the first to finish freshening up. With her purple dress which goes just a few inches below her knees and a pair of ballerina shoes, she grabbed her purse and decided to hail a cab instead.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Just as she plans, the workers on his company started to pour out. With a smile, she proceeds to the elevator and pressed the R button which goes to her husband’s office. It was after a moment when the lift opens to the very same floor where they had their pictorial. She happily skips on her way to Jongsuk’s table, startling the man behind the desk.

“Ma’am, what made you come?” he asked.

“Where’s my husband?” she smiled at the guy.

“He is in his office, are you picking him up?”

She smiled at him and looked at Woobin who is getting near them, “Hey there handsome! Where’s my husband?” she asked again.

“He’s on his office now, ma’am,” Woobin bowed his head after getting near the two.

“You two are going home already?” she asked.

The two gave a nod as they made their exit already before Sooyoung could even invite them for her surprise birthday party for her husband.

 

She sighs and moves to get inside Kris’ office. She finds him on his swivel chair, leaning with his eyes closed. With a smile, she tiptoed to get behind the chair and carefully placed her hands on his head to give him a massage. He fluttered his eyes open to see her smiling face, “What are you doing here?” he asked, closing his eyes from the relief of the massage.

“Picking you up so we can go home,” she replied.

“Come here,” Kris, pulled her into his lap as she leans on his chest, his arms on her waist to hold her close.

The silence that ensued was so relaxing that she fought the urge to sleep in his arms.

 

“You took a bath before getting in here?” he asked.

“How did you know?” she asked, closing her eyes.

“Your hair feels cold and a bit wet, and even your skin feels cold to,” he remarked, rubbing his hands on her bare arms. “You did not bring any jacket with you?” he added.

She shook her head, “I forgot to bring one,” she mumbled, adjusting so she can just sleep.

“Should we be heading home already?” he asked when he felt her steady breathing.

“Five more minutes,” she mumbled, winding her arm on his neck.

“Aniyo, you promised me that you would make dinner so I presume dinner is already waiting for me. Let’s go home now,” he moved to lift her up, letting her stand.

She pouts at him only to be kissed, “Don’t be such a baby,” he smiled.

She smiled as she pulls his tie for a full kiss which left both of them breathless. She intertwined their fingers and pulled him, “Let’s go.”

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Kris parked the car on the front porch and opened the passenger’s door for Sooyoung. She skipped on her steps, her handkerchief falling without her noticing as she proceeds on getting inside the dark house. He picked up the hanky, “Still careless,” then proceeds to follow her inside. He was surprised to see the lights off as he slowly closes the door behind him. With careful steps, he moved forward only to be surprised by the popping sound and the instant brightening of the house.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” everyone exclaimed, gathering in front of him wearing party hats, even his wife. They popped up some more confetti as Sooyoung helps Kris on wearing a party hat. Lay pushed a cart with the cake on top, the candles lighted already. He let it stop in front of the celebrant as they all gathered around it singing a happy birthday song.

 

“Blow your candles now,” Sooyoung smiled, “But make your wish first,” she added.

He smiled and briefly closed his eyes before looking back at them, “Let’s all blow on it.”

Sooyoung gave the prompt, “One, two, three,” then all of them blew the candles around the cake. The next phase is about party and food. They all started to have their fill of what Sooyoung and her group cooked for the party. Kris watched in amusement as his wife moves about the table, helping the boys in devouring the food. ‘She has an appetite of a guy, maybe even more,’ he thought as he chuckled.

 

“Hyung, let’s slice the cake!” Sehun excitedly picks up his fork and platter. With the mere mention of cake, Sooyoung was already with her fork too. Kris rolled his eyes and moved to do the first slice. He did the courtesy of slicing it for them, giving them their share. The last one was Sooyoung. With a playful smirk, he sliced a thin one and placed it on her platter which made her frown.

“Wae? Why is mine like this? It’s so small,” she pouted.

“I don’t want you getting fat,” he replied.

“Oppa, no matter how I eat, I would never gain weight,” she whined, complaining about her own share of cake.

Everyone laughed at her, “Noona, you can still have your second filling after finishing that,” Baekhyun chuckled.

 

After getting satisfied, they all sat on the sofa, the others on the floor while having champagne. The other half of the room is messy from the food but they ignored it for the mean time.

“Let’s have the gift giving! Let’s start with the maknae,” Suho smiled as everyone scampers to get their gifts.

Kris removed his party hat as Sehun handed him a rectangular velvet box. He opened it to see a pair of silver bracelet with engravings. “Customized?” he asked.

“Ne, we did not had the chance to give you gifts when you two got married so I thought of having that as the gift. Palli, put it on Noona so she can put on yours too,” he grinned.

Kris moved to get the other bracelet, pulling Sooyoung’s arm to put it on her wrist.

“Woah, it’s so beautiful,” Sooyoung marveled over the gift. She did the same to Kris.

The other gifts were also by pair, a pair of sweater, watch, beanie hat, scarf, hoodie. Luhan, Suho, with Kyungsoo handed a big box to him.

 

“What is this?” he asked, getting curios at the big box. Even the others were surprised too.

“Why don’t you open it?” Kyungsoo smiled.

He slowly untied the ribbon and lifts the cover only to frown, “Isn’t it a bit early to have these?” he asked.

Sooyoung peeked on to the box and squealed in delight, “OMO! These are so cute!” she pulled one of it.

Inside the box were baby clothes. Since they can’t decide on the color, they had it all in assorted color but then there are no pink stuffs on it. There are baby shoes, mitten, beanie hat, clothes, pants and even feeding bottles. She marveled at the little things making her husband sigh again.

 

“Noona surely liked our gift more than the celebrant,” Luhan pouted.

“I will definitely keep this!” then hugged the box with delight before closing it.

Xiumin picked up a box, “Here is mine,” he handed a box again to Kris.

He removed the wrap and was surprised to see two iPhones. “Why give this to me? I mean my phone is still fi-“ he looked up at Xiumin but the latter gave a knowing smile which made him shut his mouth and nod instead.

“I had the cover customized. The blue lined one is for you while the pink lined one is for Sooyoung. I had her picture printed on the back cover of yours while she has yours on hers. We had placed our contacts in there so no need to worry. I’ll just help Sooyoung recover her files on her other phone,” he smiled at Sooyoung.

“Thank you Minnie! I thought I would have to buy one but then you are so quick in getting this gift,” she smiled brightly at him.

“I already had that one even before, but then that accident came up ending your phone’s life on the boiling pot so there’s your new phone,” he smiled back.

 

Everyone eyed Sooyoung. “Where’s my gift from my wife?” he asked.

Sooyoung grinned at the boys, getting shy all of the sudden. She grabbed her purse and pulled out a black box. Kris reached for it and smiled when he saw what’s inside. It’s a silver necklace with a charm of the letter K attached to a letter S in a very beautiful way.

“I already have mine in here,” she pulled the gold necklace with the same design as his.

He pulled her for a kiss, but she stopped him, “Minors still in here,” she stated which made the boys laugh.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It was around eleven when Tao, Sehun and Suho emerged from the kitchen after cleaning the dishes and the whole party place. They lost to the card game thus the punishment is cleaning the whole place. Sooyoung is still at the living room, fumbling and checking out her new phone. She already sent messages to her friends and other important people about her sudden change of number.

 

“What’s with this phone?” Kris asked Xiumin while they watch Sooyoung from upstairs.

“You asked me to modify her phone so you I can trace her messages and calls but then it would be hard since her phone had to stay with me for a few days so I decided on buying another one. That accident about her phone falling on the pot is no accident, it’s intentional,” he smiled at the taller one.

“So what’s good about this one?” he referred to the blue lined one.

Xiumin adjusted on his position, “Well, you can immediately track her messages and calls in there. You can even trace her GPS location. It’s like your phone is administrator and hers is a sub unit. Although she has the privilege to use her phone freely, everything that comes into her phone is monitored. I also embedded a secret camera on it and a speaker. She can’t activate it, only you can do it. You can listen to whomever she talks to if you activate the speaker and see who is it if you activate the camera, if she has her phone out of her bag. And you can even eavesdrop on her calls to. I’ll show you how to completely utilize the features. So what do you say?” he grinned at the amazed Chinese.

“That’s pure excellence. Thanks,” he smiled back, looking down at her giggling wife downstairs.