Special Chapter (Chapter 26)

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Tao and Kai had already finished washing the dishes and left to wipe the sink and do the last touches on the kitchen while the boys stayed at the living room. Sehun preferred sitting by the stairs, playing on his phone. Sooyoung is by the phone, just finished a call. The doorbell suddenly rang. Sooyoung opened the door, “Minki!” she hugged the lad who just stepped inside. The next name she called made all the boys turn their head.

“Jinri!” she exclaimed, enveloping the shy lady into a warm and tight hug.

 

Sehun who was sitting on the stairs immediately stood up, unsure on how to react. Kai, on the other hand, stood by the kitchen doorway, unsure too on how to react. The rest proceeds on welcoming the two, accompanying them to the living room. “Noona,” Sehun called Sooyoung’s attention. The older female just responds with a warm smile.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Chanyeol craned his neck from a corner, trying to look at the people on the kitchen.

“Why does noona have to do it there with them only?” Chen complained.

“We are not the one directly involved,” Suho calmly stated.

“How would they settle that? I mean … “Luhan just let out a sigh.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol started to move a little when Tao pulled them back, “Yah! Noona might get mad at us,” he hissed.

Baekhyun looked back at him, “Aigoo, look at this, yah! We are older than you, you should respect us more.”

“But Noona will surely get mad at us,” he pouted.

Baekhyun just rolled his eyes and moved to find a better view on what’s happening on the kitchen.

 

Meanwhile, on the kitchen, Sooyoung took her seat at the head of the table; Kai and Sehun sitting on her right with Jinri and Minki on her left, the girl sitting close to her. Kris stood a few feet behind Sooyoung, his arms crossed.

“So, how should we start this?” Sooyoung broke the uncomfortable silence.

“I believe every one of you wants to tell something regarding the issue at hand. I had talked to all the four of you about your sides and patched up things. It all boils down to a simple misunderstanding which you,” she points to the four of them, “made it complicated.”

All of them had their head down, except for Minki.

“Let me give you the whole scenario again, and I want you all to understand the others as if you are the one on their shoes at that time,” Sooyoung took a deep breath, looking back at Kris who gave a nod, assuring her that she is on the right track.

“On that day, Kai had already been battling with himself, getting confused on what he feels for Jinri,” Minki rolled his eyes, earning a glare from Sooyoung.

“Then here comes Jinri, just as she always does. Kai completely lost his self control of what he feels. Emotional overflow that he just finds himself moving and kissing Jinri. Just in time for Sehun to get inside. I know Sehun would react that way, moving and punching Kai. Then I think the three of you already knows what happens next. I would give each of you the chance to talk, let’s hear first from Kai?” Sooyoung smiled at Kai.

 

Kai remained silent for a few moments, “I don’t know how to start but Sehun, Jinri, mianhe…” he took a deep breath again. “I was so wrong in doing that. I am the eldest among us so I should know what to do, but I let my feelings get the best of me. I know I would not be able to get back to that day, but I really am sorry…” then bowed his head again at a loss for words.

Sooyoung looked at Sehun, “Sehunnie?”

Sehun gave a brief smile, “Mianhe, Kai, mianhe Jinri, mianhe Minki. I would not elaborate more, all I want is to say sorry, I really am,” then lowered his gaze on the table.

“Minki,” Sooyoung addressed her cousin.

“What? I am not part of their mess, why did you even bother inviting me?” he looked back at her, sounding a bit defensive.

“Yeah, I did invite you because I believe you have something to say to Sehun?” she raised an eyebrow, her tone laced with warning.

“Fine!” he slouched on the chair and rolled his eyes, “Mianhe,” he said, half heartedly.

“Minki!” she exclaimed, glaring at Minki.

“What? I already said sorry,” then rolled his eyes again.

 

“So I think, there will be no more grudges. Minki, I don’t want to hear anymore reports that you beat up people by the exit, arasseo?” Sooyoung looked at her male cousin who gave a stiff nod.

“Kai? Sehun?” she looked at the two.

It was Kai who made the first move, tapping the younger’s shoulder before giving him a manly hug which the younger one returned with the same affection, no hard feelings at all.

“Minki, Kai, follow me,” Sooyoung stood up and gestured the two to leave Jinri and Sehun.

 

When the four of them left, Jinri just ducked her head lower. “Jinri-ah,” Sehun started, tears threatening to fall from the ache of missing her. He stood up and dragged the seat near her. He slowly reached to cup her face, tears falling down Jinri’s eyes. He wiped it with his thumb, “Mianhe, please forgive me Jinri. I can’t take this pain anymore,” he sobbed. She just averted her gaze.

“I know it hurts, but please give me the chance again to prove myself,” he tried to look into her eyes. She finally turned to give him a look.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The nine boys decided to watch the love birds through the small window outside the kitchen. Being gifted with the height, Chanyeol and Tao had no problem looking over the window. Lay and Luhan stayed by the side while Xiumin, Chen, Baekhyun, Suho and Kyungsoo stood on a large platform to reach the window.

“Sehun is crying,” Lay noticed.

“He is really serious about Jinri,” Luhan seconded.

“Just what kind of guy would go as far as crying his heart out in front of the girl?” Chen stated.

“Hush now, we can’t hear what they are talking about,” Baekhyun hushed them.

 

“What are you doing there?”

All of them turned to see Minki looking at them by the open large window a few feet away from them.

The nine of them exchanged looks, “We are cleaning the window,” Chanyeol smiled.

Minki scoffed at his answer, “Don’t make me look like the fool in here when it’s really not me. You all look so desperate at that state.” Then disappeared by the window again.

“That blonde brat! If he is not just anywhere closely related to Noona, I would have punched that pretty b*tchy face of his,” Baekhyun hissed then resumed on watching the young love birds talking inside the kitchen.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The ache, the hurt feeling, the love and other more emotions which Jinri can’t pinpoint starts to rush inside her heart. She bit her lower lip, unsure on what to do or how to react. With trembling hands, she slowly reached to touch the face that she had been wishing to see the past days. Sehun leaned on to her touch, slowly closing his eyes only to open it again.

 

He slowly pulled her head to let their foreheads touch, both silently shedding their tears.

“Mianhe Jinri-ah, please forgive me,” Sehun whispered, holding her hand that is still touching his face.

“I can’t keep on moving and living without you, please forgive me,” he added, closing his eyes, tears rolling down.

“I promise I will never do that again, just please let me hear you say that you forgive me, that I have the chance to prove myself, please…” he whispered, slowly letting his head slide down to lean on her shoulder.

 

“Please Sehunnie, don’t do it again,” Jinri whispered. That was all he needs to pull her up in a hug which he had been dying to do ever since that fight. He held her tight like it’s the last time they will have to do it, like it’s the only time they have. Jinri did the same, taking in his scent. They stayed like that for how many minutes.

 

 When Sehun parted, he cupped her face again, looking at the face of the girl he had been into, memorizing each subtle feature.  “Naneun dangshineul saranghamnida Jinri,” he whispered, letting his lips touch her forehead.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

That night, by dinner, Sehun and Kai sat side by side busy catching up like both are from other nations and just met that day.

“So I guess there will be no more trouble,” Kris called their attention.

“Kai, do you really have to leave?” Sooyoung looked at the addressed one.

“I really have to since Mom and Dad will come and pick me up,” he replied.

“But then you will reduce your stay for three days only,” Kris looked at him.

“Wae?” he looked back at him.

“I don’t want any of my wife’s knights to go missing on the day of my departure,” then looked at his wife.

It was their turn to be silent.

 

“That soon? I mean you will be gone four days from now? I thought it will be after a week,” Sooyoung broke the silence.

“That’s what I thought too. But then, my secretary checked on the availability of my business associates and partners, that’s why I have to be off early,” he reached to hold her hand.

A sad smile got painted on her lips, “For how long will you be gone?”

“Maybe less than three months, I am not just sure about it,” he sighed.

“Three months?” she looked at him surprised.

“Yeobo, I have to do this. I can’t take the risk of losing the company. I can’t take you with me since you will be starting your work next week,” he tried to grab her hand which she retrieved a while ago.

 

“Are they even aware that we are in here?” Sehun whispered over Kai.

“I don’t know. The last thing we had is about my leave but then they are already talking about hyung’s departure,” Kai whispered back.

All of the boys exchanged looks, giving silent messages about leaving the couple behind but dismissed it when Sooyoung stood up and left the table. Kris followed her upstairs.

“Looks like hyung will have to talk his way out,” Chanyeol grinned reaching to slice the cake for dessert.

 

Upstairs, Sooyoung went straight into Kris’ study room and waited for her husband to step inside. When he did, she turned around to look at him.

“You know what I hate? It’s when someone marks his word then decides after a while to take it back,” she glared.

Kris sighed and reached to hold her close by the waist despite her resistance, “Calm down for a while Youngie.”

“I know you are mad because you might have plans for that week, but then can’t we just squeeze those plans into those three days?” he looked down at her, his eyes begging.

“I am not interested anymore to carry out those plans,” she rolled her eyes.

“But Youngie, wae?” he whined, almost childlike, pouting at her.

“Stop acting cute, you look horrible,” Sooyoung tried to push him away, but his hold on her was tight. A smile threatens to appear on her lips but she suppressed it and kept up her mad face.

“I know you want to smile. Why don’t you grace with one of those lovely smiles of yours?” Kris grinned.

“Not to those liars,” she looked back at him.

“Ouch! Youngie! I am not a liar,” he faked a hurt look, pouting even more.

 

It was already hard to control it that she finally gave a light laugh, squishing his face, “Aigoo, my husband looks so adorable when he pouts,” then lets her lips touch his for a brief moment.

“And my wife looks so y when she is mad,” he said kissing her back.

“Am I forgiven?” he asked, pecking on her lips.

“Aniyo, not yet,” she smiled.

He gave her another kiss, “Forgiven?”

“Not yet,” she grinned.

He kissed her again, “Forgiven?”

She shook her head, a naughty smile on her lips.

He moved his hands to cup her face, giving a long full kiss on the lips.

“Forgiven?” he asked after parting, a grin on his lips.

“Just bring home chocolates,” she replied, making him frown at her.

“You will be in Switzerland too right? Their chocolates there are so delicious; just don’t buy those with nuts okay?”

“So you just want those chocolates huh?” he faked another hurt look.

“Aigoo, don’t act cute and all on me again, I might take my word about forgiving you,” she wounds her arms around his neck.

“And you talk about hating people who takes back what they had decided,” he rolled his eyes earning a light punch from his wife. She moved to hug him, staying like that for a while.

 

“Oppa, please come back home safe for me,” she whispered, closing her eyes as she felt him hug her even closer.

“You don’t want any chocolates?” he chuckled.

“Those will not be sweet anymore if I will be the only one eating it,” she sighed, feeling sleepy all of the sudden.

“Sleep with me tonight,” he said and lifted her off the ground before he moves to get to his room.