Chapter Fifty

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Lucas stopped beside their square table, on the side with no chair.

“Hey there Andrei, Jean and Yeojin right?” Lucas addressed the three before looking at Sooyoung.

“So who is this Oriental beauty we have in here,” he smiled as he pulls a chair on a nearby table and sits on it.

“My name is Sooyoung, Yeojin’s cousin,” she smiled at the guy which made the three gape at her.

“Sooyoung?” Lucas asked again, “Ah, I know! The very recent model who endorsed Jean’s gown collection. Pretty, really pretty,” he smiled at Sooyoung.

“So what do you guys are talking about? Racing outfits?” he looked at Andrei, “Sizing her potential to be your next model?” he smirked.

“Come on Lucas, we all know that no one loves your design,” Jean smiled a fake one at the guy.

 

“But I am still the top,” he defended, “So Miss Sooyoung, how about being my model for my next designs?” he bluntly offered in front of them.

The three looked at Sooyoung, anticipating her reply.

With a smile, “That is so nice of you, to offer such generosity when we have just met. But you see I only fancy gowns just like what Jean makes. I don’t wear such outfits, I don’t even drive.” She smiled.

“Then we can work on that I can’t drive part,” Lucas offered again.

Sooyoung gave a modest laugh, “Oh, that is so nice of you, but you see, racing outfits are not my style.”

 

It shut up Lucas as Sooyoung gave him her sweetest smile. He sighed and then stood up, “Well, if you are reconsidering the idea, here’s my calling card,” he placed the black scented piece of hard paper on the table and left them.

 

The relief on the three was very visible, “That was close,” Jean said as he sips on his drink.

“You really thought I would give in?” Sooyoung chuckled. Jean gave a nod.

“I would never do that. He scares me. He looks like a criminal in a suit. Those drug lords with much wealth smoking tobacco,” Sooyoung pictured which made the three laugh when she shivered.

 

“So it’s fixed then. Sooyoung will have her driving lessons right away so she would be ready for her shoot at the end of the week again. Don’t worry dear, Andrei will be your partner because the two of you will endorse the new designs,” Jean smiled.

Sooyoung lifts her glass and proposed a toast.

 

After the meal, Sooyoung asked Jean to accompany her since they will be leaving back to Paris with Andrei that very night around eleven. Jean was glad to leave Yeojin and Andrei alone and accompany Sooyoung in packing her things.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Luhan watched as Drew extracts information in his laptop. Being a Mafia Lord is really an asset especially to things like this. He had already informed Drew about the situation regarding Sooyoung that’s why he is very busy trying to find information and all on his local connections and few other international ones in the airport about a passenger named Sooyoung.

 

“Well, according to these data, there really is a passenger named Sooyoung who arrived in here. Oh, and the same time as yours. Then, the search is over, she is here in London. Let me just call some people and we will know her location immediately,” Drew smiled in satisfaction.

Luhan gave a sigh, “Finally, I can go home with good news.”

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

True to her words, Sooyoung and Yeojin left London that night with Andrei on his private plane. They did not even bother to finish the 2 night stay in the hotel. While on the way, Andrei introduced Sooyoung some previous designs he has and some concepts regarding the upcoming shoot. She studied them and even proposed some parts to be included for the shoot. Jean and Yeojin just made themselves comfortable and even took a nap as the two gets busy on the designs.

 

“So you are really married?” Andrei asked after a moment of silence.

Sooyoung looked at him with surprise.

“No need to be shocked, Yeojin informed me about it and even asked me to not to stress you much regarding the endorsement. Besides, you are here for a vacation, not for work right?” Andrei smiled as the female one returns the gesture.

“Yes, I am married,” she finally replied.

“If you don’t mind, to whom?”

“Oh, you would not know him. He is Kris, Kris Wu,” Sooyoung replied, a smile tugged on her lips.

“Kris Wu? That Chinese tycoon?” Andrei blinked.

Sooyoung gave a nod, confused at Andrei’s reaction.

“Who would not know that guy? I mean he is really famous. But he was not reported to be married to you, just the fact that he is married. He did not disclosed anything regarding his wife,” Andrei looked at Sooyoung again.

“Yeah, I know. And no one knows that I am married too, married to him,” Sooyoung sighed.

 

Andrei chose not to ask furthermore. Yeojin had asked him to keep that thing regarding her stay in Paris a secret. Besides, Yeojin had been quite close to his heart. He would not dare do anything that would lead Yeojin to hate him or the likes.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“What do you mean there are no lady in there with that name? I asked you to trace her address; it would not be hard to do so. She is the only one with that name anyways,” Drew replied to whoever is on the other line.

Luhan looked at him, waiting for him to end the call. Later, Drew closed his phone and gave a sad smile.

“Looks like she had left already. But one thing is that, she was not registered on any airports and ports. How did she left London without using a plane or a ship?” Drew asked much more to himself than to Luhan.

 

That was what Luhan needs to finally pack his few clothes since he will be flying back to Korea right away to help the boys. He was ecstatic before that he will be bringing good news, but now, he is just equipped with very sad news that Sooyoung just disappeared in London with no trace at all.

 

Joo in stood by the doorway, holding Luhan’s bag. The kids are with Joo In’s parents somewhere in London for a treat. They both know that their father will leave that day and bade their goodbyes ahead.

“I feel so sad regarding Kris’ current situation. It’s very saddening,” Joo IN spoke when Luhan moved to get near her.

He gave her a sad smile, reaching for his bag before enveloping his wife in a hug and showering her with kisses.

“Can’t you just stay in Korea? I can’t take the fact that my family is in here in London,” he whispered.

“Oppa, I can’t leave London as of now. Maybe when the twins are about to start their elementary years,” Yeojin whispered back.

Luhan sighed, hugging her even closely, “Then I’ll just prepare a house for us in there,” he said and parted.

“Would you want me to send you to the airport?” Joo In asks as Luhan moved to get to the door.

“No need. I might not be able to leave seeing you standing there,” he smiled and gave her one last wave.

 

Going on rush and with his inborn instinct of hating magazines, none of them noticed the newly bought magazine atop the bookshelves near the door which has Sooyoung’s photo as the front cover, wearing the very recent gown design of Jean.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The moment they landed back to Paris’ airport, Yeojin and Sooyoung went back to their apartment to finally rest. Tomorrow will be Sooyoung’s first lesson with Jean for her racing class. It was already a peaceful sleep when Yeojin was awaken by the younger’s tug on her sleeves. She opened a sleepy eye to see Sooyoung sitting on her bedside.

“Sooyoung,” she checked the wall clock,” It’s still three in the morning. What’s wrong?”

The younger one sighs, “Unnie, do you have any seaweed in here? I want to eat kimbap,” she whispered.

Yeojin smiled, “I guess you really miss him. You only make kimbap when you miss someone terribly.”

“Do you have seaweed?” Sooyoung asked instead.

Yeojin pulled herself up, “Since you kicked my sleepiness away, let’s make those kimbap.”

 

Both were silent as they make the kimbap. There are spare ingredients on Yeojin’s refrigerator and a pack of seaweed sheets to wrap up the rice and its fillers. Sooyoung made her own but with more cheese than needed.

“Why do you place much cheese?” Yeojin asked, pointing over the large long stripes of cheese which Sooyoung placed above the filler before rolling it to form the kimbap.

“Cheese is quite good in it and I love cheese too,” Sooyoung replied as she removes the molder from the rolled kimbap and starts slicing it.

 

After making an ample number, they moved to the living room to enjoy the early breakfast. It’s already five when they are done.

“Sooyoung, don’t you have plans of going back? I mean, Kris might be going crazy and all regarding your whereabouts. It saddens me to see you suffer here too,” Yeojin started as Sooyoung just kept on pushing a kimbap after another in .

“You are not that hungry eh?” Yeojin noted.

“You know that this is the only way I can compensate when I am feeling bad. Food is the only remedy I know,” Sooyoung replied after swallowing and pushed another kimbap on , turning on the TV.

Yeojin can only sigh as she watch her younger cousin get drowned on her large bowl of kimbap.

 

Later that day, Sooyoung had her first lesson with Jean. It’s not that hard since Sooyoung looks interested that they finished by around three. Yeojin noted Andrei not to tire her younger cousin that much because she might look haggard on the day of the shoot.

 

And for the duration of four days, Sooyoung had been into her lessons about racing. When she gets home, she indulges herself into a large bowl of kimbap which her cousin made according to her specification; with long large strips of cheese.

 

By around Friday, a visitor suddenly knocked into Yeojin’s apartment just as Sooyoung went into the kitchen for kimbap.

“Hey there Yeojin,” the male visitor greeted a shocked Yeojin and just walked past her. Yeojin immediately closed the door, calling the attention of the guy.

“Jinhyuk, what are you doing here?”

Jinhyuk turned around to face her, “I thought you said you have someone in here that I missed for years. Where is that person?” he smiled, lifting up a black velvet box.

Yeojin was about to answer when Sooyoung emerged from the kitchen, “Unnie, where’s my kimbap?”

 

She stopped short when she saw a guy on his back on her and Yeojin by the door. It was almost dramatic as Jinhyuk turns around to face Sooyoung. There was silence as Sooyoung tries to recognize who is this guy in black standing a few feet away from her.

“Sooyoung?” Jinhyuk blinked.

The addressed one blinked in return, recognition registered in her face as she squeals, “Jinhyuk Oppa!” then ran to hug the guy.