Chapter Fifty Two

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

PARIS

 

By Saturday, Sooyoung had her photo shoot/endorsement of Andrei’s new female racing outfits while he is on the male one.

It was very cool. The black leather outfits with the helmet and her hair in a messy ponytail as she pose on the racing motorcycle for a few shots before she made a round on the race track for the filming. She even had to change a few more times for the car racing too.

She had a pose with Andrei on the motorcycle and even on the car that she can’t stop giggling at the thought of doing it with the handsome Andrei.

They even had a filming by night fall. They wrapped up by around nine with a party to celebrate the success of the session.

 

“The advertisement will be released next week and we will have a press conference by Monday,” Andrei informed Sooyoung.

Yeojin was alarmed together with Sooyoung from the mention of a press conference.

“Andrei, can I talk to you about that?” Yeojin asked as she leads him on a more secluded part of the area.

Sooyoung watched as her cousin talked with Andrei. She was startled on the tap at her shoulder.

“Youngie, there you are,” she turned her head to see Jinhyuk smiling at her.

 

Later, Yeojin comes back with Andrei, who immediately recognized Jinhyuk.

“Jinhyuk! It’s been a while!” then they shared a manly hug.

“Looks like the session had been successful from the look of the party eh?” he noticed the people enjoying the free food and drinks.

“Yeah, and this lady would not allow me to have Sooyoung be in the conference by Monday,” he pointed over Yeojin.

“What’s wrong about it? Why would you not allow her Yeojin?” Jinhyuk asked.

“Oppa, you know why,” Yeojin whined.

“Don’t worry, I have it under control. And I have a surprise for you too,” he handed her an envelope.

“What’s this?” Yeojin asked while tearing the end of the envelope to check it.

 

Upon opening it, she read the contents and exclaimed, “AN OFFER IN CHINA?”

“Yeah. From the looks of the address, yes it is,” Jinhyuk gave a nod.

“And you accepted it? Without informing us?” Yeojin looked at him in disbelief.

“Apparently yes, so I booked a flight by Monday evening since they will be expecting you by Tuesday morning. You can’t back out now, so why don’t you grace Andrei that press conference? That can be your last activity in here,” Jinhyuk grinned into the flabbergasted Sooyoung and Yeojin.

 

---------

 

It was not long when Sooyoung is already sitting beside Andrei facing countless reporters and flashing cameras. Questions rained them but since most were French one, Andrei has to translate it for her.

One question caught Sooyoung’s attention which made her laugh for a bit.

“There’s a rumor that you turned down Lucas’ offer and you told him that you don’t plan of endorsing such outfits, is it true?” the reporter asked.

Sooyoung laughed, “Yes, I did. I would like to apologize to Lucas. I have just closed my deal with Andrei so I can’t be that rude to tell it straight to his face. That would be so rude,” she replied.

 

There are few more questions and soon they made a pre show of the five minute video which endorses the clothes. It will be aired not just in Paris but in whole Europe as well by seven in the evening. They even had a ribbon cutting for the first public display of the lead design placed inside in a glass box, worn by a mannequin.

After the press conference was a dinner since the pres con lasted for hours. By seven, Jinhyuk Yeojin and Sooyoung are already at the airport for their flight to China.  They even had the chance to watch the five minute video while they are waiting. Some airport staffs recognized Sooyoung and asked for a photograph too.

 

Just when the plane had departed, a very Anxious Drew and Joo In watched the video which was aired at the latter’s apartment. They could not be mistaken as they watch the lady on the screen pose and ride on the motorcycle and make a round on the race track.

“Oppa, that is her right?” Joo In asked her eyes glued on the screen.

“I cannot be mistaken. That is really her! She is really in Paris!” Drew exclaimed, fishing his phone and dialing Luhan’s digit right away despite the fact that he is making an overseas call.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

KOREA

 

For no reason, Mrs. Wu, Kris’ mother is feeling scared as he walks to the reserved room of the very restaurant the Choi family had asked her to go to. She was planning on telling them about the fight between Sooyoung and Kris, but here she is, a step behind her plan because they happened to know the fight even before.

 

When she got inside the room, looks like she does not expect even Sooyoung’s older sister with them. She took a deep breath and took the seat opposite them.

“I am sorry I am late,” she apologized after sitting.

“It’s okay,” Soojin replied.

The awkward silence all the more frightened Mrs. Wu.

 

“I believe I should start,” Soojin said, smiling at her.

“We already know the fight between Sooyoung and Kris. Our brother called us earlier informing us about it and that Sooyoung is with him right now, but we are not sure of where they are. Regarding the fight, I already warned Mom and Dad not to interfere into it,” she explained.

Mrs. Wu frowned, “But it involves your sister.”

“Yes I know,” Mrs. Choi answered instead, “I was so frustrated and mad when I learned about it. I had the urge to get to their mansion and get my daughter, but Soojin reminded me of one thing; she is already married and she is already old enough to deal with her problems.”

“It’s not about leaving her on her own, but the severity of the fight is not that high, and I think your son has his own reasons. Sooyoung knows when or when to inform us when she can’t take it anymore. Besides, they had been married for a year and both are old enough to realize their mistakes,” Soojin added.

 

Mrs. Wu was teary eyed upon hearing the explanation, “I- I don’t know what to say. I thought you will get Sooyoung away from my son. I- thank you,” then she sobbed, wiping a few spilled tears.

“Sooyoung might be childish to run away but we know her well, we know as to what extent she can go on. As for your son, he can deal with the problem regarding the company. I am not asking him to leave out the problem regarding their fight with my sister, but he has to prioritize the problem regarding the company. We know hard it is to lose something you worked hard on to establish,” Mr. Choi replied.

 

“She might get used on running back home whenever they have problem and I don’t want a whining Sooyoung on my doorstep,” Soojin laughed making the atmosphere a bit lighter for the attending party.

The gratitude was too much that Mrs. Wu stood up to hug Soojin who welcomed her in open arms.

 

-------

 

The boys are gathered again at the living room for their usual session every day.

The reports are still negative and they had been going in circles about the culprit regarding the lost papers and Sooyoung’s whereabouts.

Their silence was cut off by the ringing of Luhan’s phone.

 

“Hello?” he answered.

“Sooyoung is in Paris.” The voice on the other line said which surprised him.

“PARIS?” Luhan exclaimed startling the boys.

“Yes, the project she had had been airing in the local channel in here in London which means it will be aired in whole Europe. If you can gain access on the local channel then you might have the chance to watch it.”

“Thank you,” Luhan said and ended the call.

“Xiumin, can you browse over the local channels in Europe? Sooyoung is in Paris,” he said.

 

The glow of hope in their faces is very visible as they all followed Xiumin into his room to get to his lab. He types a few words and a few more routing then they are able to access the local channel in Paris. They waited and listen to French words they could not comprehend. The breaking news being aired is about a fire and an advertisement about the local news show which will be aired after a few minutes. Since it is the hot topic, there had been a one minute advertisement regarding Sooyoung’s endorsement of Jean’s gown collection, but no pictures were shown, mostly were the dresses only. They are getting tired already when the sight of rushing motorcycle and a car in the race track made them stop.

 

Right after the round of the two vehicles, it stopped just right at the finish line. From the car, a mad in helmet moved out, removing his helmet revealing a very handsome Caucasian man walking very slowly only to stop near the motorcycle. From the figure of the rider, looks like it’s a female rider.

“Man, that’s one hot chick I bet,” Kai whispered over Sehun who gave a nod.

 

When the woman moved to get off the motorcycle and stands beside the man, she removed her helmet revealing the very face they had been looking for more than three weeks now. If it shocked them, the feelings were overwhelming for Kris. The very woman he had been dying to see; the woman who had been haunting her is right on the screen. It was indescribable that he was not able to hold back the tears. He left the room as the others were still glued on the screen.

 

As for now, it’s good to finally know some lead as to where he could find her.

 

-------

 

Later that night, Mrs. Wu paid her son a visit again. Kris was still on his study room, finishing the plan he made himself.

“How was the search?” Mrs. Wu asked as she takes the seat opposite him.

Kris leaned on his swivel chair, “She is in Paris. She had just finished an endorsement.”

“Her family is already informed about the fight between you two,” she looked at her shocked son.

“What did they tell you?” he pulled himself up.

“It’s taken care off. You don’t have to worry about her family. as what you have said, she is in Paris right?” she asked into which Kris gave a nod.

“Then she is with her brother,” she added.

“Brother?” he was shocked again.

“I had the same expression but I was not able to ask furthermore. Then I will be back to China earlier tomorrow, will you be fine?” she asked, casting a worried look over her son.

“As long as you are fine, I will be fine,” he smiled.

She gave a smile back as she moves to give him a hug, “Please don’t tire yourself, Benben. I love both of you, but I don’t want to take sides. Trust me and everything will be alright in no time.”

He was not able to stop the tears again, “I just miss her.”

 

The sound of his pained words made her heartbroken as she tries to hush him.

“My baby boy is already grown up,” she smiled as she parts to squish Kris’ face.

“Umma!” Kris whined, pouting at her.

“Baby, take care of her when you have her back again. She is a treasure, a very fragile treasure full of surprises. Will you promise me that?” she asked.

Kris gave a nod, “Ne, I promise.”