Chapter Thirty Nine

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

After a week of a tiring schedule full of photo shoots, advertising, recording, modeling and fan signing, Sooyoung finally took a break by Thursday at her Unnie’s café house. The boys are all so eager and happy to see her after a while.

“Noona!” Jungkook, V and Jimin made a race as to who would get to hug her first. As predicted, the maknae wins making V and Jimin pout at her making her laugh at them. She gave them their hugs after parting.

“How was the café while I am away?” she asked.

“We had been doing fine noona, and your friend Jessica left a message that you need to call her when you get in here. She was around yesterday and keeps on asking us about your schedule,” Jin replied.

“Oh, is that so? Kindly make me a warm mug of choco-caramel drink. I need to wind out,” the left them to get to one of the tables, dialing Jessica’s number.

 

It was about quarter an hour when the blonde girl arrives, with Sunny.

“Hey there Sooyoung!” Jessica greeted her as she stood up to welcome them, giving them tight hugs as well.

“How are you now? You look so tired with that faint trace of dark color under your eyes,” Jessica pointed, looking so worried.

“Work here and there brought these trace of dark color,” she smiled.

“So what made you look for me?” she asked after a while.

“Well, Jessica needs a maid of honor for her wedding and since you are not anywhere in sight when we took a draw on who will it be so there you go, you will be the maid of honor,” Sunny smiled at her.

 

She almost choked on her second serve of drink, “Me? Maid of honor? That’s unfair!” she whined.

“Oh, come on Sooyoung, it’s not like every day I get married. Please?” Jessica pouted with puppy eyes.

“I’ll think about it,” she sighed, a smile though, tugged on her lips.

“I know you will say that so I had it printed already on the invitation. No more buts,” Sunny grinned.

“Sunny, but what will my-“ Jessica cut her short.

“So much for your husband and those ‘I am married’ reasons. You will be the maid of honor, that’s fixed. If you don’t show up on the wedding day, I will never talk to you, all eight of us,” Jessica crossed her arms.

The thought of not having any of them talking to her scared her to the bones that it made her agree in no time which made the bride-to-be so happy.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

On the very day of Jessica’s wedding, Sooyoung can’t help herself but smile upon remembering her own wedding. In contrary to her reaction, Jessica is all smiles and laughs.  Well, she and Heechul had been dating before so it would not surprise her to see Jessica’s reaction. Among the eight ladies, only her dress differs in shade of color and design. The rest falls on the simple category, with minimal designs and a light shade of purple but from the way they bring about the dress makes it looks so elegant. Hers is on a different shade of purple, a bit darker with more designs of silver dots and such.

 

When they are already lining up to start the entourage, she was surprised to see Changmin as her partner again.

“Looks like fate are tying us up again, right beautiful?” he reached for her arm, winding it on his as they line up in front of the bride.

“Yeah. How are you now? It’s been a while since we had a project together right?” she asked.

“Well, I already had a girl who is the very opposite of you,” he smiled.

“Why are you comparing her to me? Can’t move on?” she joked as both of them laughs at it.

“Aniyo, it’s just that I don’t understand what made me fall in love with her when you are my very ideal type of a girl,” he smiled.

That caught her off guard, “You are joking,” she blinked.

“Oh, come on! I am just kidding. I am just lightening the mood in here, besides you started it,” he laughed which made her frown at him.

“But seriously, you are my ideal type. But fate made it so funny that I fell in love with your opposite,” he laughed.

 

“Yah! You two start moving now! The rest are all gone,” Jessica hissed at the laughing duo.

“Too excited to be Mrs. Jessica Kim?” Changmin turned his head to smile at the blushing bride.

When they started to walk down the aisle, everyone looked at the two, recognizing them as figures of the modeling world which brought about whispers and all in the place.

The wedding started well, till they exchanged vows, and rings with all those promises and such. Finally, Sooyoung saw her bestfriend shed some tears of joy. She was surprised to see Lay playing the piano for the wedding. The feeling of seeing a friend of yours finally settle down is something fulfilling even though you are not a part of how they end up together. It made her wonder just what her friends had felt when she got married to. When Heechul finally kissed her for closing the vow, everyone stood up to clap for the newly wed.

 

“You okay?” Changmin asked when they got to the reception hall. Lay is still in there, playing for the couple as they do their wedding dance.

“Yeah, just wondering how my wedding did went on. I mean it’s quite different to feel your own wedding on its every step,” she sighed as she took the wine glass to her lips.

“Why? Just how your wedding did go on?” he paid her full attention.

“Considering that it is an arranged marriage so how would you expect me to keep up with the details when my groom is a complete stranger at that time?” she replied.

He gave an understanding nod, “You mean you are regretting it?”

“Oh, no of course. I actually find my married life quite a blessing for me,” she smiled at him.

“I thought you would say the otherwise or else I will snatch you from your husband right away,” he chuckled.

“Hey, your jokes are creeping me now. Do you really like me?” she chuckled, although getting afraid as well.

“I guess it’s too late to say that I really like you way back. It’s just that I was so scared to approach you before. My mind was like saying I would only get rejected that’s why I end up on several relationships before I met my current girlfriend,” he narrated.

She blushed at the comment,” That is a shock actually. But you are late already,” then they laughed naturally at the old times.

“I actually like you too, but then I always saw you with girls so I just kept my feelings at bay,” she smiled at him, “So are you planning on marrying this girl?” she added.

He gave a knowing smile, and a brief nod, “We are actually engaged now,” he whispered before the cheers of the crowd erupted.

She reached to give him a friendly hug which the guy reciprocated with such affection.

All the while they are laughing and talking, she did not notice the blinking green light at the tip of her phone which she placed beside her purse after giving her husband a message of where she is.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

After the reception, she bid goodbye the newlywed since she can’t stay over as much as she wants. Lay was nowhere in sight when she tried to look for him so she had no choice but to take Changmin’s offer to give her a ride but she insisted to be dropped by at the bus stop. She had changed to her jeans and polo and wiped off some make-up and pulled off the pin holding her hair. Good thing she brought with her a jacket or else Kris would make a fuss again when he sees her holding Changmin’s jacket when he did not notice hers at first.

 

“Thanks for the ride,” she said after closing the passenger’s door.

“Are you sure you will be fine?” he asked, unsure whether to leave her on the bus stop.

“Yeah, and my husband will throw a fit again when he sees me with you,” she leaned closer the window, “He still sees you as a competent rival and always gets jealous,” the retreated to stand at the stop as he laughs at her then finally left.

She held her phone and checked for messages and calls only to get caught up at her wallpaper. It was Kris’ sleeping face when she went over at his office after their pictorial. “I love you,” she whispered and kissed the phone’s screen, but then, there is no more blinking green light.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Hyoyeon takes in the cold breeze of the wind when she felt someone stop behind her.

“Like the feeling of being alone?”

She turned her head only to blush when she saw Lay smiling at her which made her blush. He stood a bit close to her sending the same army of butterflies on her tummy to get wild.

“I kind of like to spend some time alone too, to wind out,” she replied, turning to appreciate the view of the shore from the balcony of the third floor.

“Same here,” he replied.

“You really like listening to me playing the piano eh?” he looked at her, surprising her.

She blushed again, this time twice as before, “Well, uhmm… you see,” she stopped, at a loss for words.

He chuckled, “Hey, you okay?” he reached for her face, making her turn at him.

She shied from his touch, “I am just amazed at how you can play without any music sheets,” she quickly replied.

 

“Is that so?” then he turned to look at the scenery. Hyoyeon was already weak in the knees, wishing for a gush of wind to fan her and remove the blush off her face. Then it made her reel back to think of how she got attracted to this guy which brought a smile to her face.

 

“I bet you never had been asked out,” he broke the silence just as her heart was about to steady its beating.

“How did you know?” she replied, trying her best to keep her heart at ease from the start of its irregular beating again due to his voice. He always had that effect on her. Everything he does, no matter how little it is makes her blush and sets her heart in a race.

“Well, among your friends, you are the only one who did not call anyone right after the wedding,” he replied.

“So just because I did not happen to call anyone means I do not have any boyfriend at all?” she asked.

“Why? Do you really have one?” he turned to look at her, sending her knees again at a jelly state from his playful smile.

She blushed again, cursing herself mentally at how she gets easily affected by his gestures, “No one dares to ask me,” she replied.

 

The next statement he lets go made her want to just run up at him, hug him and shower him with kisses.

“So, can I ask you on a date?” he smiled at her.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

When she opened the door, she was not surprised to see her husband by the stairs which seems to be his favorite spot when she happens to get home late.

“Is Lay already home? I cannot find him in the reception,” she asked, closing the door behind her.

“Feeling comfortable around Changmin already?” he asked instead making her sigh as she moves to get near him.

“Kris, we already talked about this right? There is no such thing as me and Changmin going out together. I may have done that before but I am not stupid to repeat the same mistake twice. Are we going this all over again?” she sounded tired already.

“Then how about confessing your feelings to him? What is that? Is that something we should keep also?” he asked.

Her eyes widened at how he came to know they had talked about it. She was left to wonder, but then it made her mad.

“If you just accepted Heechul’s offer to be his best man, then there will be no more arguments as to how I end up as Changmin’s partner in their wedding,” she sounded irritated already.

“Then you could have refused the offer,” he counters back.

“Refuse? Are you telling me to dump my friends just because I will be partnered to Changmin and that my husband will get mad? Then you should have left a moment on that busy schedule of yours and made sure that I only get paired up with you,” she is already about to burst from his attitude.

“You know that I am a busy person and you should take note that you are married,” he counters back.

“Yes, I am married and he is also engaged, so what are you fussing about? Are still threatened by his presence? Are you jealous?” she looked at him, heaving from controlling her anger. Her last statement shut him, making him avoid her eyes as a faint blush crept on his face before whispering a small, “Yes, I feel jealous.”

It may be inaudible in the real sense but then she heard it clearly that all the frustration she felt towards him for that matter evaporated. The sight of his blushing face, admitting that he is jealous is something that warmed her heart. She took a step so that she gets on the same level as him and pulled him on a hug.

“You look so adorable when you blush, do you know that?” she hugged him, whispering into his ears.

He felt him sigh as he winds his arms on her waist to pull her close.

“So I must make you more jealous to see that adorable blush eh?” she joked, earning a pinch on her side which made her laugh at the tickle.

“I am all yours so no need to be jealous okay?” then sealed it with a kiss to silence any protest from her husband.