Chapter Sixty Five

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Kris leaned on his swivel chair after going through the last paper. The company had progressed faster than he expects and now at the peak of its success. Deals being offered were left and right but he was wise already from the experience and filters everything first, choosing carefully. His eyes fell on the large frame on the opposite wall. It was their wedding picture, their second wedding picture. When he looked at the small frame on his table, it was their latest picture, a few weeks ago. Sooyoung is pouting at him while he is looking at the camera. It’s a selca he took after her last prenatal check up. Jongsuk was the one who placed it in there.

 

It’s been almost more than eight months since they got married again. Everything went back to normal except for Sooyoung who had to stay at home for her pregnancy. For the whole duration of her pregnancy, she had to stay home. Nevertheless, he never fails to tend to her needs. He would always come with her in her checkups, during her early morning exercises and even her shopping escapades for the baby.

 

Dr. Ha Ni insisted an ultrasound but Sooyoung didn’t agree. She wants it to be a surprise.

The rooms upstairs in the mansion were renovated too. Sooyoung’s room was renovated to become Kris’ office and study room. Kris’ room was renovated too to become their own bedroom and since the door to its previous study room is inside, they renovated the old study room to become the baby’s nursery room/bedroom so it will not be hard to tend to the baby in case it cries in the night.

 

The boys did the honor of decorating the baby’s room, stuffing it much with plushies and stuffed toys. The large crib situated at the left part is already ready with pillows and blankets. They placed the cart of feeding bottles and milk holders near it. Below the cart are diapers and some extra baby clothes.  The baby’s apparel is inside the large walk in closet of the married couple.

 

Kris reached for the two pair of baby shoes he fancied on the way to his office. He loves the feel of the soft fabric of the shoes in his hand as he remembers one night he had to wake up on Sooyoung’s wish to eat strawberries but is now a memory he can laugh about.

 

*Kris Reminiscence*

 

The tug on his sleeves stirred him from his deep slumber. He turned to see his wife sitting beside him on the bed, smiling.

“You can’t sleep?” he asked, turning around to face her.

“Oppa, I want to eat strawberries,” she pouted.

Kris looked back at her like she speaks alien language. He checked the clock and its fifteen minutes past one in the morning.

“Soo, it’s one in the morning. The market opens up by four, where can I find strawberries?” he groaned. But he remembers that his wife is pregnant and he has to endure it for the mean time.

“You mean I don’t get to eat strawberries?” she sniffed, getting teary eyed all of the sudden.

 

That made him pull himself up, pulling her close, “Aniyo, it’s just that I don’t know where can I find those at this hour.”

“Then you can ask Xiumin and Lay to help you look for strawberries, please?” she sniffed.

He can only nod and sigh as they moved out their room to wake up the two unfortunate ones.

 

Xiumin, drowsy and so sleepy opened the door of his bedroom to see a sleepy Kris and a grinning Sooyoung behind him.

“Wae? Is there something wrong?” he asked, rubbing off the sleepiness from his eyes.

“Help me buy some strawberries,” Kris replied, yawning.

Xiumin blinked, “Strawberries?”

Kris gave a nod. He wants to refuse but seeing the expectant face of the pregnant Sooyoung, he gave a nod and grabbed the car keys since he will be the one driving for sure. When they got on the front door, Lay is leaning on it, sleeping.

“What’s this retard doing in here and sleeping by the door?” Xiumin asked, pointing over the now awake Lay.

“Noona said it will be boring if you two will go so they scouted me first before they woke you up,” Lay replied, opening the door.

 

Sooyoung waved her hands eagerly on them as they disappear on the gate. It was probably more than two hours when they came back. Xiumin is holding a bag of strawberries. They saw Sooyoung seated on the sofa, playing on her phone.

“Babe, here’s the strawberries,” Kris showed her the bag.

She squealed in delight and ran to the kitchen to get a large bowl. She placed it in there as she asks them to wait for her in the living room.

 

When she came back, she had washed the fruits and placed it on the center table, beside the bowl of kimbap. She giggled at the sight of the strawberries and picked up one. After tasting the fruit, she giggled again but she pushed the large bowl of strawberries to the three.

“There, you can have it,” the she grabbed her bowl of kimbap.

The three of them can only gape at her as they watch her indulge herself on kimbap.

“You won’t eat it?” she stopped, getting teary eyed again.

 

‘Mood swings,’ Kris noted as he smiles at her, “Aniyo, we will eat them, right?” then he eyed the two who can only nod at him. They had to stuff the berries even if they already felt like vomiting from many strawberries they had to eat. Sooyoung just watched them as she finishes her bowl of kimbap.

 

*End of Kris Reminiscence*

 

Kris chuckled at the memory. Up to now, Lay and Xiumin had acquired a phobia on strawberries which the boys finds ridiculous but they soon understood why when they learned the story behind it. They even joked about it which sometimes pisses off the two, especially when Kyungsoo would bake strawberry flavored cake or any dessert with the same flavor.

 

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Kyungsoo, Chen, Sehun and Baekhyun stayed at home that day since all of them are free. They are busy on playing games on the PSP station. Kyungsoo and Chen teamed up against Sehun and Baekhyun. Sooyoung was in the kitchen, feeling free to make some refreshments for the five of them. The occasional pain running on her stomach would make her wince once or twice. Nevertheless, she finished preparing the chocolate-caramel muffins she had grown to love. She brought the tray of fluffy treats and decides to ask one of the boys to get the juice back in the kitchen.

 

“Kyungsoo,” she called, stopping on the kitchen way, putting the tray on the nearest counter.

The addressed one turned his head, “Ne noona,” he blinked.

Sooyoung felt the same pain run on her stomach but she tried to fend it off, “Kindly get the juice. I can’t bring it with me.”

Kyungsoo gave a nod as he moves to get inside the kitchen. Baekhyun turned to check on her. Sooyoung stayed where she is, feeling the sweat roll down her head as she tries her best not to wince and cry in pain as it runs again on her stomach with alleviating intensity. Without taking it any longer she hissed in pain as she holds her bulged tummy.

 

“Noona, are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked as he passed by her with the tray of refreshments.

She held up her hand as he walks inside. The pain runs through her stomach again, making her cry in pain already.

“Noona, we already told you not to stress yourself, look you have hurt yourself from baking,” Baekhyun reprimanded as he hands the game controller to Sehun.

Sooyoung felt the need to scream at them but the pain that sears her belly made her just wince in pain as she tries to take it. She felt something flowing down her leg.

“Omo, you have cut yourself? Noona, you should be careful! Let me wipe that for you,” Kyungsoo stood up to help her, “Chen, get the first aid kit,” he added as she moves to get near her.

Not able to contain it, she yelled at them. “YAH! THE BABY’S GOING OUT!”

 

Sehun and Baekhyun together with the two looked at her like she had grown two heads.

“WOULD YOU JUST QUIT EYEING ME AND HELP ME IN HERE?” she exclaimed again, feeling the pain sear her tummy again.

That made the four of them scampers and get confused as to what to do first.

“Omo!  Should we call Kris hyung?” Chen looked at the three.

“Aniyo, we should call her mother first,” Baekhyun replied.

“NO! Call Dr. Ha Ni,” Kyungsoo butts in.

Sehun looked at the three, “Should we call an ambulance first?”

The three gave a nod as they rush to get the telephone, forgetting the fact that each has their own phones.

 

Sooyoung can only face palm herself as she tries not to yell at the three who are fighting over the single phone. Just in time, Chanyeol came inside, playing with the vans key. He was startled to see Sehun watching the three fighting over the phone. Sooyoung is standing beside the counter, hissing in pain, blood flowing down her leg.

“NOONA!” he exclaimed which distracted the three.

“Yah! Park Chanyeol! Get the car now because noona will have the baby out!” Baekhyun yelled at the startled giant who immediately rushed outside to start the car. Chen and Baekhyun helped Sooyoung walk and get on the car as Sehun and Kyungsoo got inside before they zoomed to the hospital.

 

“PARK CHANYEOL! PALLI!” Baekhyun exclaimed as Sooyoung pulls on his sleeves same with Kyungsoo on her left side as she tries not to scream in pain.

“Arasseo!” Chanyeol replied, as he steps on the accelerator. After about ten minutes, he parked the car in front of the emergency door. He stepped outside and ran inside to look for Dr. Ha Ni.

“Where’s Dr. Ha Ni?” he asked the nurse behind the information desk.

The nurse was about to answer when Ha Ni herself called Chanyeol.

 

“Chanyeol, what are you doing here?” she asked.

The tall male moved to get near her, cupping her face for a kiss, forgetting for a while why did he came there in the first place.

When he parted, Dr. Ha Ni is flushed as she tries to compose herself, “Why are you here?”

“I miss you already and Sooyoung noona is about to give birth I think,” he replied, grinning. The doctor’s eyes widened, smacking him in the arm, “Paboya! Where is she?” she asked.

“At the car,” he replied.

“Get me a stretcher, I have an emergency situation in here,” she the nurse behind the desk as she follows Chanyeol outside to get to Sooyoung.

 

Kyungsoo held Sooyoung’s hand as they push the stretcher to the delivery room, more like he is the scared one than her.

“It will be fine noona, trust me. Hyung will come for you, don’t worry,” he looked down at Sooyoung who is trying her best not to writhe as she breathes heavily.

When she is already inside, Dr. Ha Ni looked at the present four; Sehun, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol.

“I need one of you to be with her inside,” she looked at the four of them exchange look.

“Hyung will be in here any minute now,” Sehun smiled at the doctor.

“I’m afraid we cannot wait for him, because the moment I get inside and close the door, no one is allowed to get inside,” she replied.

 

“Sehun’s too young to be in there, I can’t be in there because I have phobia on blood and I might faint even before the delivery starts and all the more Chanyeol can’t because he will distract Ha Ni,” Baekhyun grinned.

“You are telling me that I should be the one going in there? Are you nuts?” Kyungsoo stared at Baekhyun.

“Come on,” Ha Ni gestured over Kyungsoo as the three pushes him inside the delivery room.

 

It was only after five minutes when Kris came rushing to them with Chen.

“Where’s my wife?” he asked, looking like he ran a mile.

“She’s already in there, Kyungsoo’s with her since you arrived late,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

The thought that he is not beside her made him uneasy for the next two hours as they all waited outside the delivery room.