Chapter Fifty Eight

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Sooyoung woke up from the ray of the sun flooding inside the room, straight to her bed. She opened a sleepy and groaned after checking the time. It’s still six in the morning. With a sleepy face, she pulled herself up only to rush to get to the bathroom.

 

After almost thirty minutes, she moved out, looking so tired and drained. She pulled the draperies down and covered herself again to sleep and steady her dizzy head.

 

It was probably around ten when Mrs. Wu got inside her room to see her still tucked under the sheets. With a smile, she pulled up the draperies again letting the light flood again inside the room. “Wake up now, sleeping beauty,” she greeted the groaning Sooyoung who pulled herself up with her messed up morning face.

“You look just as hilarious as him every time he wakes up,” Mrs. Wu moved to help her off the bed, “Your breakfast is already made. I ordered some clothes so you can change too before you get back to the main city. I believe your shoot will start earlier tomorrow so you need to be back in there,” she added as Sooyoung ties up her hair to follow Mrs. Wu outside for her breakfast.

 

She left the Wu’s ancestral house by around one in the afternoon. She arrived at their hotel by four and welcomed by Yeojin.

“I thought you will not be back. You will have your first shoot tomorrow by eight straight since Mister Li is particular about time,” she relayed as the two of them gets inside the hotel to discuss furthermore the plans regarding the five minute short film.

 

----------

 

Tao had just arrived on the airport only to see Kris on the waiting area, waiting for his flight back to Korea.

“Kris gege!” he called the latter who gave a wave.

“Going back so soon?” he asked, stopping to give him a manly hug.

“I have to. I still have to polish the future plan then I will probably present it on the board. How about him? Did you manage to get him?” Kris asked.

“Yeah, clean and with no mess, excluding his unit since he is quite a fighter himself,” Tao shook his head remembering the fight they had with Woobin.

“Good thing you didn’t scarred that face of yours,” Kris chuckled.

“I made sure I don’t get any scar on my face because it is my only means of earning a living,” Tao wiggled his eyebrows.

“Whatever floats your boat,” Kris rolled his eyes as his flight made its last call. With a last wave, he left Tao to join the queue.

 

-----------

 

Yeojin was so worried early the next day when she saw Sooyoung rush to the bathroom and with all the rushing water and drain look Sooyoung had when she got out the bathroom.

“Are you okay? Do you want to skip the shoot?” Yeojin asked as she wipes the cold sweat on Sooyoung’s forehead.

Sooyoung gave a sigh, “I will be fine. I just had indigestion,” then smiled at the older one grabbing the towel and moves to take a bath after steadying herself.

Yeojin can only sigh as she prepares so they can leave early.

 

The locations were twelve divided into two, six per model. The time frame should be a scene from eight in the morning, ten, and then twelve at noon, then another one by three then five then by eight in the evening before the last part in the subway station.

Different location per time frame so they have to move faster so they can finish by three days which was their target day so they can release the five minute short film by the end of the week.

 

When they arrived at the location, the director was pleased to see her looking sleepy since the atmosphere should be like she had just woke up. The shoot was perfectly done after almost an hour. The target for the day is to finish three time frames, and then they will do two the next day and then the last one together with the subway scene on the third day.

 

It was very tiring to always travel after a shoot but then Yeojin made sure Sooyoung doesn’t get stressed too much. The time frames were done perfectly even on the succeeding days. But even after all those, none of the staffs dared to disclose the identity of her co-model, adhering to Mister Li’s instruction. She just has to wait for the last day.

 

“Tomorrow will be your last session. I already made our farewell to Mister Li since I already booked us a flight back to Korea on the same day by seven in the evening,” Jinhyuk said as they are heading back to their hotel.

“Booked already? Jinhyuk you are mean! I still want to roam around the place,” Yeojin whined.

“It’s already dangerous for Sooyoung to stay furthermore,” he replied looking at the sleeping Sooyoung on the backseat.

Something about Jinhyuk’s voice made Yeojin agree as she casts one look on the sleeping lady.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

KOREA

 

Kris arrived just in time for Jongsuk to arrive at the airport.

“Sir, we are already nearing on our deadline, don’t you have any plan?” Jongsuk asked him as they are heading on the parked car.

“I will finish the plan tonight and we will present it tomorrow. I had prepared all the necessary papers in case they ask about the stability or the reliability of the plan,” he replied getting inside the open door.

While they are on the way, Jongsuk can’t help but ask Kris about Woobin.

“I had been trying to call him through his phone and his unit number but it will always lead to voice mail. Does this have something to do with what you assigned him to do?” Jongsuk asked again.

“You will meet him after the presentation so no need to worry and such. Just prepare for the presentation tomorrow,” Kris looked out the window to watch the passing cars and establishments, remembering her all of the sudden.

 

The boys are all present except for the two younger ones who still have their classes.

“So how did it go?” Xiumin asked when he finally made himself comfortable on the chair.

“I will present the plan tomorrow before I tend to the other one,” he replied.

“You should have stayed till tomorrow and joined Tao for their last shoot. He will see her there,” Luhan said before resuming on the screen since he is having a match with Lay.

“I already saw her,” he replied, closing his eyes.

 

The entire present one looked at him, “JINJA?” they exclaimed.

“Mom invited her to stay at the ancestral house in Guangzhou, but she doesn’t know that I arrived in there,” he replied, eyes still closed.

“Wae?” Baekhyun and Chen asked in chorus.

“Mom insisted not to. She said it’s not yet the time.”

“Then when will be the right time?”

“Do you know that Tao and Sooyoung were recruited by the Empire for their project? Knowing my father, he will really use her just to have me agree on whatever they want. For now, it’s enough that they know that we are in a struggle. They cannot touch her or anything since she is not that attached to me or I am not anywhere around her,” Kris replied, pulling himself up.

They all gave a nod of understanding as Kris pulls himself up to go on his room and prepare for his presentation tomorrow.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

CHINA

 

The last part of the shoot which will be on the subway will be held by one in the afternoon right after lunch since the last time frame was already fixed by morning.

Tao is already preparing together with the staffs who are arranging the condition of the one part of the subway which will be used by them.

“For this last part, you will wait in this part as she walks this way from that point. Just like what you guys always see on movies, you will turn your head on her direction as she looks up. I want to see a shocked expression, before you transpire on that expression of longing since this will be the time you two will finally meet, do you get that?” the director looked at Tao who gave a nod.

“Don’t worry, we will make sure the track which will be used will be suitable, so just give your best okay?” the director tapped his shoulder as he goes on the other group where Sooyoung will be starting.

 

Thirty minutes past the one, the crew then started to move since the female lead is on the way down. Sooyoung had a quick fix before they started the shoot. The first part, Tao’s part was done earlier so they just have to do Sooyoung’s single before the part where they will be captured together then the necessary other extra parts needed.

 

If shock was perfected by Tao’s act, Sooyoung was really shocked when she saw that Tao was her co-model. It took her a while to remember what she should do thus pulling herself to complete the act. After the last extra parts, the director finally ended the session as everyone cheered since their three days struggle is finally done. All they have to do is wait for the finished product which will be aired by the end of the week.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

KOREA

 

“With all the given funds and the blueprint, we will be able to see the building stand on the very location after three months. The project will commence tomorrow as scheduled. Any more inquiries and comments will be entertained now,” Kris gave the signal for Jongsuk to turn on the lights inside the auditorium.

The present members of the looked at each other whispering murmurs before they finally settled on agreeing with the nods of their head. The second largest stock holder looked at the other members before he stood up.

“The plan is very ideal and realistic. It looks reliable since you had provided the necessary backups you need and really went through every detail of it. There are no loopholes so we are expecting on seeing that on the given time. Good job,” he said standing up as everyone clapped their hands.

Kris felt the relief as he bowed his head politely on the crowd.

 

Once the members had dissipated, Jongsuk approached him, a bit teary eyed.

“We made it Jongsuk,” Kris smiled, shaking the hand of his secretary.

“Yes sir, we made it. We will be really seeing that building in no time,” Jongsuk smiled.

“Tonight, I want you to be alert since I will be sending one of the boys to pick you up. We will deal with the culprit,” Kris said as Jongsuk gave a nod.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

CHINA

 

Tao tried to get past the crowd of staffs and the people who got off the subway to get to Sooyoung but then she was lost among the crowd. He asked a few staffs but looks like everyone is more eager on packing up and go home than mind their own models. He let out a frustrated sigh, but relief found its way on him when he remembers that Sooyoung will be present on the inauguration of the video.

“Come on Tao, we should be heading back to your hotel,” His manager tapped his shoulder.

“Gege, my co-model will be on the inauguration right?” he asked as they squeezed themselves on the crowd.

“I don’t think so. Mister Li called me yesterday and said that she will be heading abroad again today. She must be very famous to be that busy eh?” he looked at the Chinese guy who had his eyes wide open for him.

“Heading abroad?” he asked.

“Yeah, that’s what Mister Li said. I am just wondering how come he agreed on allowing her not to be present on the inauguration. That is the first time actually,” his manager mused over the silent Tao.

 

True to what Tao has heard, Sooyoung is already at their hotel resting as Jinhyuk helps Yeojin on packing the last thing they had.

“Unnie, can’t we stay for a few days? You know to attend the inauguration as well,” she looked at Yeojin who mentally checks the baggage.

“Ask your Jinhyuk Oppa about that. Besides, I need to get Junhong since his semester will start sooner in Paris,” she replied nodding to herself before turning to look at her.

“You two had been such a killjoy,” she pouted as Jinhyuk appears on the door with a valet to help them on the baggage.

 

The sun had set an hour ago and their flight will be by eight. They decided to have dinner on the nearby restaurant before they went to the airport. On the way, Sooyoung resorted on eating kimbaps again. She even had a bag of strawberry with her.

“Is there no end in that stomach of yours? You might get thrice your size in no time,” Jinhyuk remarked as they parks the car on the airport.

“Oppa, this is bottomless,” she pointed on her stomach and stuffed a kimbap on .

“I really can’t believe they hired you,” he shook his head as Sooyoung preferred on ignoring him.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

KOREA

 

“Where are we going?” Jongsuk asked Xiumin as they traverse the highway turning on a curve which leads to another road.

“Getting on the place where we took the culprit,” Xiumin replied.

The road is almost deserted with no visible house on both sides. As they move furthermore into the dark road, Jongsuk finally saw a vague image of a large establishment. He was only able to confirm it when they parked the car outside.

It’s a large abandoned warehouse. But since Kris is not just anyone, he concluded that this is part of their property.

“Follow me,” he heard Xiumin and followed the guy as they entered the large creepy warehouse with dingy lights.

 

As they are moving further inside the warehouse, he noted of the old machineries and the creepy sensation it gives. Later, he could perceive music being played. They stopped on a railing and looked down. There go the ten boys, including Kris. Some are playing a game on an iPad while the others are practicing some dance routines. Another group is arguing about something. Xiumin smiled and motioned Jongsuk to follow him downstairs.

 

Once downstairs, everyone stopped whatever they are doing and looked at the new arrivals. They gave a nod and a wave before they all looked at Kris who is leaning on a rusty post.

“So since you are already here, I just want to show you something we do to people who betrays me,” Kris said, gesturing over Kai who removed the cover on the head on a person tied on chair which he just noticed as of the moment.

 

His eyes widened when he recognized the badly beaten Woobin. He had bruises and cuts but despite it looks like they had a hard time letting him speak.

“Woobin?” he looked at Kris. It was Baekhyun who did the honor of relaying the issue.

“He is secretly working under the Empire and we are sure you are aware of who are holding the Empire right?”

“Kris’ grandparents,” Jongsuk replied.

“And what do they do?” Baekhyun asked again.

“They want to put Kris’ company on bankruptcy,” he replied again.

“Then I guess you can patch up things from that point,” Baekhyun smiled at Jongsuk who looks at the smirking Woobin. He is not dumb not to get the situation.

“Do you have plans regarding on how to deal with him?” Kyungsoo asked Kris.

“I will leave it to Lay and Xiumin. Perhaps they can dispose him without alerting anyone. I will call someone to pick up the body and let it be cremated right away. I am not that harsh so I will provide him a decent funeral,” Kris said and started to move up on the stairs as other follows him.

“We will wait for you two in there,” Chanyeol pointed upstairs as he follows the others.

 

Jongsuk decided to remain but soon he regretted staying in the first place. He watched Xiumin puts on the gloves and mounts the silencer on the gun before handing it to Lay. The latter decided to put on a cover on Woobin’s head before he let the tip touch his forehead. He pulled the trigger letting out a muffled shot but it was ear splitting for Jongsuk since this is the first time he witnessed something like that. When Lay stepped aside, Jongsuk watched as the blood seeped on the cloth covered on Woobin’s head which fell limp on the chair. It was Xiumin’s task to untie it and check the body for further evidences. Jongsuk can only gape at the two who performed it with complete silence like this is not the first time they performed something like that.

 

----------

 

“Be sure to do the given instructions neatly. I don’t want any glitch or you will be joining Woobin on a large jar,” Kris eyed the two lads who gave a nod as they proceed inside the large warehouse.

Jongsuk watched the others from the backseat of the large van who talk at each other freely like they did nothing horrible.

“That’s a typical reaction for first timer. Since you are in there, you are already part of it so let us all shut our mouth and mind on whatever we saw back there okay?” Chanyeol gave Jongsuk his trademark smile as the latter gave a shaky nod.

“Hyung, let’s go out and eat. It’s been a while. We can invite the seven lads on the café house,” Kyungsoo prompted.

“Yeah, then we will do a video call on Tao and let him see what he missed,” Baekhyun added as the others cheered.

Xiumin turn on a curve to pick up the seven young lads on Soojin’s café house since the night had gone deep so they will be probably closing by that time.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The flight took almost two hours before the three of them are already at Incheon Airport with their baggage. Sooyoung sighed in relief when she saw the lights of the city at nights.

“Oppa, let’s go home already,” she stifled a yawn.

“We will really go home, Yeojin will have to stay for the night,” Jinhyuk replied as they hailed a cab.