Chapter Twenty Nine

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

 

Sooyoung had been rolling over her bed and checking her phone once in a while if there are any messages or MMS. The clock reads ten already and her blonde husband promised a call by eight. She grabbed her hair in frustration when her phone rang. She immediately grabbed it, smiling upon reading the caller ID.

“Did I disturbed you sleep?”

A smile its way on to her lips upon hearing the very voice she had been dying to listen to.

“Are you planning to let me just do the talking in here?”

“Kris,” she softly whispered.

“Hmm..?”

“I miss you,” she whispered again, a blush tinting her cheeks.

“I had just been away for three days and you miss me already?”

She frowned, “You don’t miss me too? I hate you.”

“Ouch! You already hate me? But I miss my Youngie all the more.”

The frown on her face disappeared upon hearing those words.

“I can already see you blushing in there.”

“Oppa, how did it go in there?” she asked.

“Well, we will be closing the deal tomorrow then the day after we will move to get to the next destination. The deal in here is quite easy to handle. How about your work?”

“I’ll have my next photo shoot tomorrow,” she replied adjusting herself on the bed.

The silence that followed was only covered by their steady breathing.

“Would you want me to sing you a lullaby?”

“I don’t know that you sing,” she chuckled.

“I may be a business tycoon, but I am also an artist, a rapper, a dancer and a singer. So which one would you want to hear tonight?”

“My husband,” she softly replied.

There was silence.

“Sooyoung, you’re making this hard for the both of us. If you don’t stop that I might book my flight back in there this instant.”

“Do that and I will strangle you to death,” she threatened only to hear him laugh at her, “What’s funny?” she asked again.

“Nothing, just that you sound so sweet then the next minute you sound like you want my head in a platter. Are you on PMS?”

“What do you know about PMS by the way?”

“Whatever Youngie. Get to sleep now, you need to be early tomorrow right? So good night, dream of dreams about me.”

“Whatever Kris. Good night,” the she hung up. She stared at her phone’s screen which has Kris close up picture while he is sleeping on their very first night at the hotel.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Sooyoung stepped inside the building with her new manager which the company assigned her since she will be on a major role for now. The first set of photos of hers received immense praise and requests thus making her the new eye candy of some known brand names thus stuffing her schedule with a list of photo shoots, CF’s and modeling with a few openings with her as guests or representative. ‘So much for being beautiful’ Jessica said when she called the blonde girl.

 

“There you are beautiful,” an elderly lady moved to offer her a handshake. “I am the label owner of the next brand you will be a model to. But then you will be doing it with a partner. So let’s get to the set and start right away?” then pulled Sooyoung without waiting for her reply.

 

They took the lift together with her manager and another lady who looks like her manager’s assistant. They stopped and got off the sixth floor. There are many busy people in there but then they proceeded first to the dressing room.

 

“Get her fixed in an hour so we can start right away. Where’s the male model by the way?” the old lady immediately instructs once they got inside. The make-up artists and a few people moved to pull her and push her down a chair. It was her manager’s turn to talk to the old lady as they went outside. The other staffs got busy on the outfits on the rack which she believed she would wear some of it as two got busy on fixing her face.

 

In a matter of an hour, she was completely done with her get up. She will be doing a photo shoot of a dress line. The first outfit is an oriental styled jacket with a mini skirt to go with it a knee high black leather boots. Her hair is down with large curls at the end. The photographer then asked her to go natural while he took a few shots. When her partner came, she gasped.

“Soo?”

“Changmin?” Both asked in unison only to laugh afterwards.

“So I guess we will be together for this huh?” he smiled at her as they starts to position themselves for some shots.

“Yeah,” she replied as they started the session.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

After a very tiring photo shoot, she had to immediately leave for a fan signing about her very first brand endorsement. During the one hour ride to the place, her make-up artist gave her a new look and even asked her to change. They made her wear a long-sleeved wool dress and black leather skinny jeans and a pair of boots. They just kept her hair as it is. The even took almost three hours that when they are done, she had to take a break before she gets back to the company for a few briefing then she will be bound home.

 

It was around five when they finally left the company. Sooyoung took a nap first on her van before she let the driver drive her home. When she arrived, she was welcomed by the loud noise from the living room. The boys are all gathered, playing some random card game.

“Noona!” Sehun ran up to greet her with a hug. She hugged back only to be pulled apart by Tao.

“Yah Sehun! Kris gege might kill you if he learns that you hug noona,” he looked at the shocked maknae.

Sehun faked some sobbing sounds, “Noona, Ta is bullying me again.”

Sooyoung chuckled, “Tao –yah, its fine with me. Besides you are my family now,” then pulled the maknae on a hug to hush him.

The boys gave an ‘aw~’ sound as she pulls the two to join the others on the living room.

“Noona how was the work today?” Tao asked.

“Well, it’s very tiring but I am still happy that I am not anymore stuck alone in this house during daylight,” she replied leaning on the maknae.

Then everyone started talking about works and all. It was only later when they noticed her asleep beside the maknae who is reading some sort of manga.

 

“I’ll bring her upstairs,” Chanyeol volunteered and moved to carry her. She barely budged when Chanyeol took her in his arms, more likely she snuggled closer whispering her husband’s name which made the male smile down at her.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

She woke up from the persistent ringing of her phone. When her eyes adjusted, she was startled to find herself inside her room. She was about to move out the bed since her stomach grumbled from hunger when her phone rang again. It was from her husband.

“Oppa,” she answered, still drowsy from sleeping.

“You just woke up right?”

“Ne, how about you? Where are you right now?” she asked.

“Packing my stuffs again. My ten days stay in Switzerland will be over tomorrow. I already bought your chocolates but I asked for it to be delivered to Japan when I get there before I get back in there.”

“Thank you! Omo! Chocolates! Did you bought those dark ones? I love those!”

“Yeah. The sweet ones are for the boys. How was your work?”

“My schedule got flooded by offers. It’s quite a shock for me.”

“I saw your first set of photos. I might even hire you as my model too if I happen to run a talent agency or some sort of that.”

“You are biased. I got to get downstairs. My stomach’s grumbling,” she smiled.

“Oh, don’t even think of skipping meals or I will not give you the chocolates. Don’t eat too fast, take your time and watch out on your diet.”

“Oppa, no matter what kind of food I eat, I will not gain much weight. I have very fast metabolism so don’t worry. It’s you who should not skip meals, arasseo?”

“Ne, I will not. I’ll call back tomorrow. Don’t stress yourself.”

“Arasseo. Good night,” then she hung up. The grumbling of her stomach persisted so she pulled herself off the bed and changed for some comfortable clothes before going down. It’s already eight thirty in the evening but the boys are still up, watching some movies on the living room. She tiptoed her way to the kitchen to look for some food.

“I had your dinner reserved. You can just heat it on the oven,” Kyungsoo smiled at the startled Sooyoung.

 

“Kyungsoo, don’t scare me like that,” she gasped, her hand on her chest as if to calm her heart.

“Did hyung called you already?” he asked as he took a seat on the dining table.

“Ne, he will be on Ireland I guess since his stay in Switzerland will end tomorrow,” she replied, leaning on the counter after putting her food on the microwave oven.

 

“So how was work? You just fell asleep when we are about to ask you earlier,” he cupped his face leaning forward.

“You look so squishy!” she squealed and reached to pinch his cheeks tinting a blush on the male one.

“Noona, I am serious in here,” he ignored her display of affection.

“I will be on a CF which will be recorded tomorrow, then another photo shoot, then a guest on an opening. I am pretty sure the recording will be the lengthy one, and my manager thinks of letting me do a cover up on an OST of an anime,” she looked at Kyungsoo.

“Well, looks like you will be on a real roller coaster ride tomorrow. And why don’t you give that OST a chance? I mean your voice is so nice,” he smiled.

“Not as good as yours,” then turned to get her dinner when the oven made a ‘ting’ sound.

 

Kyungsoo just watched her eat up all her food. “Would you want to order some pizza?” he asked, loving the way she looks so cute when she eats.

“Sure! But let him take the back door, I am actually hungry and I am a bit selfish when it comes to food,” she smiled.

“Noona, do you like muffins?” he asked after making a call for their order.

“Muffins? Of course! Who would not love those fluffy sweet treats?”

He smiled, “I kind of miss my muffin,” giving out a sigh.

“Muffin?” she looked at him confused.

He just smiled at her. It took her almost a few more minutes to understand what he meant.

“Did you have a fight?” she moved to sit next to him.

 

 

“I really don’t get women. I mean I have been working on planning a surprise for her but when I get the chance to talk to her she just gave the cold statement of ‘I need space’. It took me almost three months to get that surprise,” then let his hand run on his hair.

“But I really don’t get it how she just get to that point, I mean,” she looked at him, confusion written all over her face.

 

When their order came up, they ate it in silence. “I guess you need to talk to her. She might be confused. You need to tell her what kept you busy. You haven’t tried yet right?”

“I am scared,” he looked at the slice he is holding.

“Then that’s normal. A person sometimes gets scared, but if you don’t make a move, you will definitely lose that something special. It’s a matter of trying. Even if you didn’t the answer you want at least you tried rather than live up with the thought that you should have done something but you did not. That’s double the torture,” she smiled at him. “And that slice won’t talk to you so better eat that or I will grab it,” she added. A soft chuckle escaped his lips as he brings the slice into his mouth.

 

“PIZZA!” Chanyeol yelled when he spotted the two eating pizza by the kitchen. In a matter of minutes, the boys crowded over the lone pizza box on the table, quarreling over the left four slices of pizza.

“Calm down! We’ll just order three more boxes, double extra large if possible,” Sooyoung grabbed the phone near the counter and made a call for pizza delivery.