Chapter Sixty Four

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

It was very much alive during the reception. It appeared more like a reunion. The people who were not around were there just like Siwon and Seunghyun. Jean was given the chance to be the emcee.

He started by giving the guests the chance to render the couple songs they want to sing.

 

Luhan, Chen, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun rendered them with the song ‘Angel’ and ‘What is Love.’

It was followed by Sooyoung’s friends who sang the song ‘Complete’ of SNSD.

The last group to perform was J-hope, V, Jimin and Jungkook who rendered the bride the song ‘Beautiful’ of BTS.

 

“I might invite you guys if I get to marry Andrei,” Jean joked after the last performer. “May we have the dance or the message first?” he asked the crowd, but they exclaimed the word ‘dance.’ The same song that played when she walked down the aisle starts to play as Kris stood up to ask her in a dance into which she agreed. Once on the dance floor, she was just startled to be led to her father. The round of the dance rolled on to almost all of the present men who are close to her. It was followed by Kris’ father then Jinhyuk, her cousins, the eleven boys and the seven boys. It may look tiring, but she enjoyed the feeling. Jungkook was the last to dance with him who led her back to Kris who is grinning ear-to-ear as he accepts her hand.

 

“Aren’t you tired?” he asked as he pulls her closer by the waist.

“I love the feeling of being like a princess,” she smiled, enjoying the music as they slowly sway. “You are not a princess anymore. You are way too old for that term,” he chuckled.

She pouted, “You mean I am old already?”

“Aniyo, you are not a princess but a queen. My ever lovely queen,” he smiled, leaning down to kiss her.

 

After the dance, they proceeded in slicing the cake before they moved on the message while the crowd enjoys the meal.

“Let’s have the family first. Soojin will do the honor of being the spoke person of the family.”

Soojin moved upstage, taking over the podium.

“Please enjoy your meal as I go heart to heart in here with these two,” she started, “Kris, Sooyoung, you are not anymore kids to go around an play hide and seek. Being married is committing to be with each other no matter what happen. It’s not running away when one does something wrong on the other. It is about facing each other and talking about it to settle it. But in case you both need help, we are always open for you two. Just don’t do it more often because I don’t want a whining Sooyoung on my doorstep or a glum Kris, arasseo?”

The couple laughed as she moves to give them a hug.

 

“Soojin is really a sister eh?” Jean laughed as he took over the podium.

The next one was Kris’ mother. “Well, I didn’t get the chance when you took the vow first time. Now that I am standing here, I can’t imagine that I will witness you do it again. I don’t have much to say since I have given my words on the two of you before. All I ever wanted is for you to stay strong no matter what. Don’t even think of letting that baby of yours get to know that you had a fight. If you had any misunderstanding, never let your kids get to see you bicker, arasseo?” then she moved to hug the two.

 

“Can we have Baekhyun to represent Kris’ brothers?” Jean smiled at coal-lined eyed man who moves upstage to stand behind the podium.

“I won on the paper-scissor-stone game so I get the chance to speak in here,” he laughed before he coughed a few times to get straight.

“Well, we only have a few words if you two may allow. First thing, we hate you guys fighting and don’t settle it right away. You don’t feel the impact of it, we do. Second thing is about rooms. Since you are pregnant, why don’t you join hyung in the master’s bedroom so we can have your room for the upcoming baby? Thirdly, we want you to stick with your vows. If I am going in circles already, I will end this now. Noona, I want to be the baby’s fashion expert. Let me do the job of his clothing style, arasseo?” then he moves to hug Sooyoung, patting Kris shoulder.

 

The next was Namjoon of the café house. “Noona, the café house misses you already. We had been missing you too much. But in case you want to spend some time away from the mansion or too tired already, we are very much willing to cheer you up even if we have to close the café house. Hyung, take care of our noona because she very precious to us.”

 

The next was Seohyun representing her friends. “Funny to think that you are already married twice on the same man but the rest of us is still loveless. Don’t get it wrong, but that was what Yuri Unnie said earlier. But after everything you had gone through, you know you always have us to help you and back you up. We are just asking your husband to treat you right, not too much to bring out the dragon in you but not too light that you might get neglected. Please, don’t hurt each other or the likes and name the baby Summer if it happens to be a baby girl,” she smiled as she moves to hug the bride who is crying tears of joy.

 

The last one was her cousin Yeojin, “Now, I am able to attend despite living in Paris. I had been keeping you from your husband and been your proxy manager in China but I never regretted any of it. I am much more willing to help you if you need it. You can always count on us if you need help. You have Jinhyuk, Seunghyun and Siwon. You have me and Jinri, disregard Minki and Junhong. Those two will never be of help, just kidding. But really, I hope you two will have the happiest moments with your baby and more babies to come.” She moved after that to hug the bride.

 

The next is the bouquet and the garter. The lucky girl who caught it is no other than Yeojin. But the garter was won by Seunghyun so he handed it to Andrei. The crowd cheered when they started the wearing of garter. Kris teased the crowd by stopping on Sooyoung’s mid thigh in one try. They cheered on Andrei as he finds it awkward to slip it on Yeojin’s leg. When he barely managed, Kris pulled the garter higher on Sooyoung’s leg, making the bride blush.

“Yah,” she glared at him.

“You don’t have anything to hide from me. I am just enjoying Andrei’s anxious expression when I pull the garter higher,” he chuckled.

 

When Andrei made it, Kris made a last pull further making Andrei give up which made the crowd as Sooyoung pulls the garter down, covering her leg and laughing along the crowd.

“Why did you remove the garter?” Kris whispered as they went back to their table.

Sooyoung looked up at him, her brows furrowed in question, “Why shouldn’t I remove it?”

He leaned down, playfully whispering, “Because I would love to remove it for you tonight.”

He was answered by her punches, making him laugh as he tries to stop her.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

That night, Sooyoung stood by the balcony of their room, savoring the wind which softly caresses her and her hair. She pulled out the pin holding it when they got inside their room, loving the feeling of it swaying on her back. She had even removed her wedding veil since Kris had to go and check on Meilin first. The rush of the waves on the shore is soothing to her ears as she allows herself to get carried away by the sound.

 

“Loving the night?” a husky voice paired with strong arms winding on her waist made her smile.

“It’s relaxing,” she replied, leaning on his broad chest. He nuzzled on her neck, loving the feminine scent she exudes, “I made sure we have a king sized bed in here so there will be no more pushing off the bed.”

She chuckled, “I can’t believe we made it this far.”

“Yeah, me too.” He replied, letting his chin rest on her shoulder as they watch the vast black horizon.

“I’m sorry I can’t be perfect,” she started.

“I don’t want you to be perfect; you are just perfectly imperfect that fits into my taste. I don’t need anything more,” he smiled, “A perfect relationship is boring. Imperfections are not a nuisance. It actually shows that the relationship is real,” he added.

“So you like my imperfections?” she looked up at him, pouting.

“It’s a given trait for every human. As long as you don’t overdo it then its fine with me,” he chuckled, turning her around so they are face-to-face.

She looked at him, loving the way his face lit up in glee by just holding her close. She had memorized details of his feature as she cups his face, squishing it.

“You are so … “she left it hanging, pulling his face for a kiss.

“I am so? What?” he asked after parting.

“So irresistible,” she smiled, hugging him to listen to his heartbeat.

“And you are so lovable,” he replied, loving the way she fit perfectly in his arms.

“I love you very much Sooyoung. I love you,” he whispered.

“And I love you too,” she whispered, closing her eyes.