Chapter Sixty Eight

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Sooyoung was not able to settle down that day because the twins have been crying nonstop. No matter how she tries to hush them or to put them on their nap because they will not stop crying.

It’s been more than two months since their Europe travel. Kyungsoo tried to help her, but to no avail. Kris was not around since he had to attend to an important meeting regarding the new project of the company.

“Should we bring them to the hospital? They are actually burning with fever,” Kyungsoo asked on Sooyoung who had been uneasy since the start of the day.

She gave a nod and asked Baekhyun to change the babies’ clothes as she packs the things they need. Kyungsoo went down to give Dr. Ha Ni a call if the pediatrician of the twins is in there.

 

As they are heading to the hospital, Sooyoung can’t help herself but cry.

“Oppa, will my babies be okay? They will be alright, right?” she sobbed as she tries to hush Kyle while Kyungsoo works on hushing Kirby.

“Don’t cry, they will be fine,” he tried to comfort her, finding it hard to do so as Baekhyun drives them to the hospital.

 

When they got in there, Dr. Ha Ni helped them as they rush the twins to the emergency room.

They were treated as Sooyoung stayed inside to help the attending pediatrician. Once the treatment is done, the twins were soon moved to a room as Kris finally arrives after their hours of board meeting.

“How are they?” he asked as he tries to hush the crying Sooyoung.

“It was just fever and a mild cold. It was the after effect of the trip,” Kyungsoo replied since Sooyoung is too scared to speak.

“But that was almost two months ago,” Kris said as he held Sooyoung.

“Yeah, but good thing is that they are fine now. For the mean time we have to wait for the fever to go down and for the cold to completely go,” Kyungsoo replied.

 

That night, Sooyoung stayed awake beside the bed of the twins, looking at their sleeping state. Kris can only sigh as he wraps his jacket on her.

“Don’t tire yourself much, I don’t want you to stay here once the twins gets discharged,” he kissed her head as she leans on his touch.

“Oppa, I am just scared. I don’t know what will happen to me if something bad happens to them,” she whispered as she held one of the baby’s hands.

“All the more to me when something happens to the three of you,” he sighed, helping her up to give her a hug.

 

“Oppa, “she whispered as he held her close.

“Ne?” he hummed, loving the feel of her small frame in his arms.

She just shook her head as she buries her head on his chest, hearing his heartbeat; soothing her for a moment.

“You should sleep,” he said as he guides her on the sofa, allowing her to sleep in his arms before he drifts off to.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Dr. Ha Ni and Chanyeol were on the lobby, resting on one of the chairs since she had just finished an operation.

“I am so happy to see the two of them finally work together for their babies,” she started.

“The wonders of having a baby,” Chanyeol smiled, watching some patients move about the hallway.

“Yeah,” she sighed.

 

“So how about we plan those after the wedding?” he looked at her, making the doctor blush furiously when she realizes what Chanyeol means.

“Chanyeol, you are thinking about settling down right?” she asked, blinking at him.

“Wae? Would you refuse my proposal if ever?” he grinned.

The doctor can only blink back the tears building on her eyes as she moves to hug the guy whom she had been committed for more than eleven months now.

“Will you marry Ha Ni?” he whispered as he pulls her close.

She gave a nod and parted to give him a kiss.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The sound of the baby’s laughter and Kyungsoo’s voice woke up Sooyoung. She pulled herself up on the couch and moved to see Kyungsoo playing with the twins. Baekhyun is on the other side of the bed, making a new bottle of milk. She rubbed off the sleepiness from her eyes and stood up to join Kyungsoo.

“How are they now?” she asked as she let Kirby hold her forefinger when it reaches for it.

“Their fever had gone down now, they will be ready for discharge tomorrow,” Baekhyun replied as he hands the bottle on one of the babies.

“Thank you guys,” she smiled at the two who grinned back.

“It’s okay, besides we are one big family and these two had been the light of our lives ever since,” Baekhyun replied.

 

She watched the two get busy on tending to the twins when Kris gets inside with a paper bag and is followed by his mother.

“Mommy!” she squealed as she runs to hug the older lady.

“How are the twins?” she asked after parting.

“They will be good for discharge tomorrow,” she smiled as she joins Mrs. Wu get near the bed.

“Good because they will go with me in Guangzhou. I want my grandsons to see the grand ancestral house they will soon inherit,” she smiled as she admires the two boys sit and play with their feeding bottles.

 

“Eh?” Sooyoung looked at Kris who gave her a grin.

“Yes, Mom will bring the twins with her, but of course we will be with them, and when I say we, I mean the boys and us,” he replied which made Kyungsoo and Baekhyun turn their head.

“Really?” Sooyoung’s eyes twinkled in delight.

“Yes, we will all be in there,” Kyungsoo smiled.

 

“Oh, before I forget. Would it be fine if we have to add another person?” Sooyoung eyed her husband.

“One more?” Kris’ eyebrow arched.

“Jinri will be having her first photo shoot in China. It was actually for me, but I cannot insert it on my schedule so I endorsed her. It was after all apparel for teenagers,” she smiled.

The only person in concern with Jinri looked at Sooyoung with wide eyes, “Jinri will have her photo shoot? But she is not yet a model,” Sehun blinked.

“Yeah, but she is already old enough to do it. It will be a good thing also,” Sooyoung smiled.

“But she did not mentioned anything about it to me,” Sehun frowned.

“We were not that sure but it was confirmed yesterday,” Sooyoung replied.

“Well, it will be a grand vacation so I should prepare the house for my grandsons,” Mrs. Wu smiled at the twins playing with a rattle on the bed.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

They trip to Guangzhou is very sleepy for the couple but the excitement and the laughter of the babies who were admiring the scenery they passed by kept them awake. Victoria was happy at the sight of the twins although she fails to have their trust because they cried when she tried to hold each of them.

 

“Mama,” Kyle pulled Sooyoung’s sleeves as he points on the scenery outside the window.

“Yes baby, it’s beautiful,” Sooyoung smiled. She rolled down the window and let the wind touch their faces as the car moves. Kirby and Kris are busy on the phone, playing a game.

It was after three hours when they arrived on the large ancestral house. The boys stayed at the main city with Jinri since the pain of long travel is very much scary for them.

 

“We are here,” Victoria smiled as she parks the car. She moved out first as she opens the door for Sooyoung. When they are already out, the guards helped in carrying the few baggage they have. Mrs. Wu welcomed them with a smile as she reaches for the twins who all reached for her.

“Oh, look at them reach for me,” she smiled and kissed them instead since she can’t manage holding two baby boys.

 

“I had one of the large room downstairs renovated, complete with baby stuffs. The entire sharp and edges around the house were covered for protection and all the things deemed breakable in their reach are moved up,” Mrs. Wu said as the couple relaxes on the sofa. Sooyoung let’s Kyle slid off in her arms since the two can stand already. With a sigh, she let him walk as she assists him.

“They can walk already?” Mrs. Wu admired Kyle as he walks with the help of his mother.

“They still need assistance,” Kris replied as Kirby felt the need to join his mother and brother.

 

For the whole day, the couple is running about the house since the twins won’t stop in their exploration of the house. They have to assist them since they cannot balance themselves yet. When it’s already dinner, the twins are already asleep; too tired from their tour inside the house.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The whole stay in the ancestral house proved to be helpful in keeping the babies glowing, not that the mansion is not that suitable but the change of nature proved to be a good thing for them. They soon learned to walk on their own and run about the house that the next problem is chasing them around the house. Their incoherent babbling persisted, proving that Kyle is more talkative than Kirby. But both are all willing to learn words from their parents.

 

The boys were surprised when they visited them because the twins ran to meet them on the door and the chaos started. The house rang with running footsteps and laughing voices. Sooyoung can only blink as she watches the boys’ get playful with the twins. Jinri came up late with Sehun since her shoot was done later that day.

“NANA!” the twins exclaimed when they saw Jinri get inside the house. Baekhyun had to run after them since he was not done yet in changing their clothes.

“Kyle! Kirby! Get back in here,” Baekhyun ran after the topless twins who ran into Jinri’s open arms.

 

“Oh, you can run and walk already?” Jinri asked the two as she bends down to somehow get even with their height.

The twins gave a nod as Kirby laid out his hand, “Candy,” he smiled a toothy one.

“Eh? Already? Have you had your meal already?” Jinri asked as the twins’ nods vigorously as if they understand what Jinri is talking about.

Instead of a candy, Jinri handed them a paper bag each. After receiving it they kissed her and ran to get back to Baekhyun.

 

“Unnie, are you bribing them already with candies?” she asked as she got near Sooyoung.

“Blame my husband. I really hate it when he spoils them with sweet treats,” she rolled her eyes when she saw Kris gets inside holding a tray of baked stuffs.

Jinri just laughed as she hugs Sooyoung.