Chapter Three

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

The cold dab of towel on her forehead woke up Sooyoung. When she opened her eyes, she saw her Soojin wiping off her forehead.

“The girl’s called me when you left the club. Mother was so mad when I got you home drunk. You keep on shouting ‘I do’ and insisting a kiss on me,” Soojin pouted over her younger sister.

“Unnie, I’m giving my consent about the wedding. I accept the proposal,” Sooyoung replied instead, making her sister stop from wiping her forehead.

“You will really accept it?” her sister asked in disbelief.

“I have already told you my answer, yes, I accept the proposal which means I will be married to that guy,” Sooyoung replied again. She tried to sit as Soojin helps her.

“Mom will really be relieved to hear that. But what made you accept it? You were acting like you want to run away when we told you about the wedding, then after a night you finally agrees. How come?” Soojin puts down the towel on the nearby small basin.

 

Sooyoung smiled, “Unnie, I am old enough to decide and I don’t want Mom and Dad to quarrel about me or regarding the wedding.”

Soojin was left speechless. She just reached to give her younger sister a hug.

“Sooyoung, if you don’t want it then tell me. Maybe we can hold the wedding until you are prepared. I’ll talk to his mother even I have to,” Soojin whispered over.

“Unnie, it’s okay,” Sooyoung whispered back.

 

By lunch time, the two went down and broke the news about Sooyoung’s consent regarding the marriage. Their mother literally jumped with glee and hugged her youngest daughter. Their father gave a sigh of relief. During the meal, Sooyoung initiated the talk regarding the wedding. She asked her mother to do the other preparations because all that she would care for is her gown. Their mother agreed just to make sure Sooyoung don’t take back her words. It was also during lunch that she learns that her future husband’s name is Kris.

 

After the meal, she left the house an hour earlier to get to the shop. Soojin called over before she leaves that she will follow afterwards. She tried to control herself from going back home and take back her words. She just focused on letting the idea that she will get married sink in to her system. ‘There’s no turning back now Choi Sooyoung. You have given your word and a Choi never takes back her words,’ she mentally chanted until she gets to the shop. The boys were all glad to see her looking well.

 

“I’ll be the cashier today. Help them in the kitchen Nam Joon,” she smiled at the boy behind the cashier who smiled back at her. She grabbed the spare apron and wore it, pinning her personalized name tag on her left pocket and took the high chair. ‘Focus Sooyoung! No more turning back! You should get your happy ending! Fighting!’ she mentally chanted before taking a deep breath.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Hyung are you sure this is the place?” Baekhyun asked Kris when they got out the limousine. All of them stood in front of the small café house that Mrs. Wu told them.

“Yeah, she said it’s just near the university and the university is over there,” he pointed to his left where the university is located after a few more meters.

“Should we get inside? We might have the luck to see future sister-in-law inside,” Kyungsoo stepped forward as the others followed.

 

When they got inside, they were greeted by BAP’s song Coffee Shop playing low. The female customers inside all turned their heads to look at the twelve gorgeous guys parading inside to get to the largest vacant table. Once settled down, they asked each other as to who will order. After rounds of endless paper, scissors and stone game, Baekhyun and Chen were the ones who were left to get the orders.

 

The lady cashier smiled and made a polite bow with her head when the two went near the counter. “Good morning sir, may I take your order?” she greeted.

Chen checked the menu board, “Baekhyun-sshi, what shall we get the others?” he asked scanning the listed menus.

“Coffee latte for Luhan and Xiumin Hyung; bubble tea for me and Kai; mocha Frappuccino for Kyungsoo, Tao, Chanyeol, Sehun and Lay; and coffee Americano for Kris Hyung, how about you?” Baekhyun looked at Chen.

“Miss we’ll have two coffee lattes; two bubble teas; six mocha Frappuccinos and one coffee Americano,” Chen smiled at the cashier.

The cashier punched in their orders and gave the list to the opened window behind her before giving them the price. Baekhyun pulls out his card and handed it to the lady when he noticed her name tag.

“You’re Sooyoung?” he asked, looking at her. The lady gave a nod handing back his card.

“Chen, its Sooyoung,” Baekhyun nudged at the guy beside him who is busy looking at the available desserts.

Chen looked at her, noticing the name tag. “Oh, it’s her!” he exclaimed. Baekhyun reached for a handshake, “Anyeong, my name is Baekhyun,” he introduced himself.

 

Sooyoung was still hesitant to receive it but she did anyways. Chen did the same, introducing himself as well before they left the table. Baekhyun rushed back to get to their table before he gave the information.

“Hyung! Remember the name of the girl whom you will get married to?” he looked at the bored Kris. The latter gave a nod.

“Can you still remember the lady who did the showdown last night while being drunk?” he asked again, addressing all of them. Chen took his place beside him as the others gave a nod.

“Well, looks like we are lucky, because there goes your future wife,” he pointed over the counter.

 

Everyone turned their attention to the lady behind the counter. They all made an ‘o’ sound as they gave Kris a sly look.

“Hyung, why don’t you go over there and check her out. You finally get to meet her,” Lay smiled at him. But it was Luhan, Xiumin and Tao who stood up to get to the counter taking up the excuse that the two forgot to order some bread.

 

“Good morning sir, may I take your order?” Sooyoung greeted the three. It was Luhan who did the honor of ordering before he introduced himself. Sooyoung was again shocked but nevertheless received the handshake, same with Xiumin and Tao who kept on giggling like a fan girl. Sooyoung found herself smiling at the taller’s reaction when she received his handshake. When the three left, Sooyoung wondered, ‘Why is that everyone’s interested to introduce themselves?’

 

It was V and J-hope who gave the boys their orders. When V saw Baekhyun, he almost dropped the drink but then luckily he did not. When the two left the boys’ table, V immediately rushed to get near Sooyoung.

“Noona! Baekhyun sunbaenim is there!” he pointed over the boys’ table.

“Ne, are you his fan?” Sooyoung smiled at the young boy’s reaction.

“Ne! He is so cool and all and I heard that his voice is great too and … “ V narrated, acting like a fan girl getting excited after seeing her bias personally.

It was that moment when Soojin went inside the café house.

 

“That is her sister,” Kris pointed over Soojin who went near the counter to talk to her sister. The boys looked at the lady. “Hyung, do they own this café house?” Tao asked while taking a bite on his bread.

“Aniyo, it’s her sister’s only,” Kris replied. They all watched the two ladies talk. After a while, Sooyoung removed her apron together with her name tag which she pinned on her bag. They heard her sister telling her about classes. Looks like Sooyoung is leaving for her class.

“Hyung! That’s your chance to check on her height,” Sehun nudged Kris. And by all wonders, Kris stood up, “Let’s confirm mother’s description,” he smirked and moved to get near the door.

 

Sooyoung and Kris simultaneously reached for the door handle making the latter hold her hand in the process. Both retrieved their hands as they spare each other a look. “By the way, I’m Kris,” he introduced himself instead. Sooyoung looked at his hand reaching for a handshake. She was still shocked even after she received it, that his introduction barely registers into her mind. Kris did the honor of opening the door for her and letting her move out first. Before he leaves, he gave his friends a thumb up sign.