Chapter Five

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Sooyoung was still in a daze even after her sister had picked up her broken mug of milk.

“Sooyoung, you should now that it is hard to clean the rug,” Soojin went back to the living room after putting away the broken ceramics.

Sooyoung slowly turned to look up at her older sister, “Kris Wu is my future husband?” she asked again.

Soojin handed her one of the invitations, “Read,” she instructed.

 

Sooyoung’s hand trembled when she read his name printed in big bold letters on the piece of paper. “Now, I think you should go up. You must be sleepy to act like that,” Soojin pulled her up and pushed her on to the stairs. Sooyoung slowly moved upstairs back to her room, her mind still in a blur.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It’s already two days down to the most awaited event of her life, or so they said it would be. Sooyoung had finished the gown fitting after her dress arrived two days ago. Right now, she is doing her job as the cashier of her sister’s café house. She had been in there since the start of the week, hoping that Mrs. Wu or Kris might show up so she can ask what she wants to ask. But as unlucky as it might seem, none of the two visited the café house.

 

Instead of the two, her friends decided to drop by at the café house.

“So how is the future Mrs. Wu doing?” Jessica teased when they got near the counter.

“Are you guys here to fool around?” Sooyoung rolled her eyes.

“Someone’s getting mad in here,” Hyoyeon chuckled.

“Hey, the girls are going out tonight, would you come? You know just before you finally get married,” Yuri asked.

“Count me in,” Sooyoung sighed, “Would you want the usual?” she asked them.

The girls took turns in giving their orders before they settled on the large table at the farthest right corner of the café house.

 

Just as their order was being delivered by J-hope and V, the door jingled. A man of about in his late thirties went inside. Sooyoung greeted him, “Good morning sir, how may I help you?” she smiled afterwards.

“I want a serve of black Americano and a serve of mocha frappuccino,” he ordered. She repeated the order and punched in the orders. “Sir would you want to wait for your other friend while we do the order?” she asked again.

“No, I want it wrapped for to go,” the man replied. Sooyoung gave a nod and asked him to wait on the high chairs provided near the counter for the customers. While they are waiting for it, she watched the man get busy on his phone. ‘He looks like someone,’ she thought while watching the man.

 

“Noona, here’s the order,” Nam Joon tapped the bell to signal that the order is already done. Sooyoung turned to receive the order wrapped for the go. “Sir, here’s your order,” she handed it to the man. The man smiled, “Thank you,” he said and stood up. Before he left, he turned again to look at Sooyoung, “Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I hope the two of you gets along well. Take care of him,” he said and left through the door, leaving Sooyoung gaping at him.

“Omo, Noona, how did he know that you will get married?” V leaned on the counter.

“Ne, I don’t remember putting up a sign board outside saying that ‘Sooyoung Noona will get married’,” J-Hope did the same.

 

“Noona, who will be your husband?” V asked after a while.

“It’s Kris Wu,” Nam Joon replied, moving out the kitchen, standing beside Sooyoung behind the cashier.

“KRIS WU?” The two guys exclaimed, drawing attention from the others customers for a while.

“Ne, the very Kris whom every girls wishes for,” Nam Joon replied casually.

“Woah! Daebak! Sooyoung Noona is so lucky!” Jimin joined the conversation.

“I heard he is the most successful businessman in his generation, and probably the youngest among all the other names,” Suga added.

“Yes, you are right. Aside from he is the only child of the Wu couple, he is deemed to be the most sought after bachelor nowadays,” Nam Joon nodded in agreement.

“He has eleven friends who were all like brothers to him and lives with him on their large mansion here in Seoul,” V added.

“How did you guys get that much information?” Sooyoung looked at the five boys around her.

“It’s called research Noona,” Suga smiled.

“I know, but from the way you speak you sounds like you are parading his achievements in front of my eyes,” Sooyoung rolled her eyes.

“Mianhe Noona,” V sheepishly smiled making her smile.

 

“Noona, we will be your faithful servers on the reception,” Jimin smiled at her.

Sooyoung smiled back, “You will be guests not waiters so wear your best attires. I don’t want you getting tired even on my wedding day.”

The five of them pouted, “Noona is making us cry,” J-hope stated.

It made Sooyoung laugh at them. She checked the clock, “I’ll guess I have to leave my throne to Nam Joon. I have to get to school,” she removed her apron and her name tag.

After bidding the boys and her friends’ goodbye, she went to get to her afternoon class.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

After a tiring day, Sooyoung sighed and packed up her things. It’s already thirty minutes past eight. Her late classes are usually dismissed before eight but since they had a major exam today, they had to stay late. On her way out, her phone buzzed.

“Hello?” she greeted.

“Sooyoung! We are already in here! Where are you?” Tiffany exclaimed over the other line.

“I am on my way out the university. Give me a few more moment and I will be there,” she replied.

She heard the others laugh on the other line with Jessica’s voice saying, “Don’t be too studious! Having your first night will not be taught in classes.”

“Yah! Jessica Jung! You better keep that little mouth of yours shut or else I will tape it,” Taeyeon counters back making Sooyoung, who is listening on them, smile.

“I’ll be there. I better hung up now,” then she ended the call. She made another call on the boys to pick her things and bring it home.

 

“Noona!” Jungkook ran to give her a tight hug, which somehow shocked the others.

“Yah! Jungkook! You don’t want to get kicked by her future husband right? You forgot that Kris has eleven brothers and what if one of them is lurking around, closely watching Noona’s movements?” J-Hope looked around, resembling a spy on the lookout.

Sooyoung laughed after giving Jungkook a hug, “You are over reacting dear J-Hope. I still have you guys. Kindly bring my things at home, I will be meeting the girls tonight,” she said.

The boys gave a nod, each of them reaching to hold at least one of her things before they left on a bus. Sooyoung hailed a separate cab and asked the driver to bring her on the same clubhouse.

 

After almost twenty minutes, she arrived and saw the girls lounging on the large black van near the clubhouse’s entrance.

“SOOYOUNG!” Hyoyeon squealed in delight and waved her hands. The others looked and gave her a smile as she jogs her way to them.

“I’m sorry I am late. Our Professor made us stay for another half an hour for the test,” she reached to give each of them a hug.

“Since we are already complete, let’s get inside and let the party starting,” Jessica led the way as the others follows.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The boys are happily playing a card game on their usual VIP box. Kris on the other hand, is just leaning on his seat, playing with a dice.

“Guys look! There must be a performance down there!”  Baekhyun pointed over the floor downstairs.

Everyone crowded over the railings and watched as the people clears the area at the middle of the dance floor. The blaring music was changed as everyone watched the eight ladies parade to get on the center. It was Girls Generation’s I Got a Boy playing. The girls started dancing as everyone cheered on them, even Baekhyun.

 

When the dance is over, the girls got lost on the crowd who joined them on the dance floor as the music got changed. The lights were turned low as color lights flick everywhere. It was Kyungsoo who noticed Sooyoung on the crowd. The others strained their eyes to confirm it.

“Hyung! Sooyoung Noona is down there! She is one of the girls who danced a while ago,” Tao looked at Kris who still remained expressionless on his seat.

All of them started to move to get to the door, when he spoke.

“No one leaves this box,” he looked at them as they turned to look back at him, “Except me,” he added and stood up to remove his tie. He slowly walked past them, leaving the others gaping at him. But naughty as them, they followed him, keeping a safe distance to watch how he will move to get his soon-to-be wife.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Sooyoung is getting hyper on the dance floor when she felt a presence behind her. She made a side glance and saw the coat of the person behind her, confirming it’s a guy. The music changed into Taeyang’s Ringa Linga. She felt the guy slowly move together with her. She didn’t bother to turn around to check who the guy is; she just kept on dancing. Constant body bumps, hands sliding down her sides somehow teasing her and the feeling of his breath on her neck somehow turned her on. She turned around to check who this guy is, but the dim light made it impossible so she just danced with him, enjoying the sound on her ears and the guy’s hands on her waist, pulling her close.

 

She was just taken aback when the guy pulled her closer, closing the distance between them. She froze when he bent down to breathe on her neck, whispering something that despite the booming sound, she heard it clearly.

“Is this how my future wife gets when she is in a dangerous, dark place like this?”

She tried to push him, but his grip on her waist is tight that she just had the chance to lean back and meet the smirking face of her soon-to-be husband, Kris.