Chapter Seventeen

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Kris stopped midway the stairs when he noticed something. He tried to think of what could be missing or something but the loud voices of the boys playing board games disturbs him. Just then, something about their voices made him realize what’s missing.

‘Where’s my wife?’ he thought and turned to look at the busy crowd on the living room.

“Where’s Sooyoung?” he asked the boys, addressing all of them.

“Didn’t you receive her call? She called all of us to ask for permission for her night’s out with her friends,” Xiumin looked at him.

“When she called me she said she can’t reach you and if she does you won’t pick up,” Luhan said, looking at him too.

He fished for his phone on his pocket and saw the more than a hundred missed calls all from his wife. There’s even more than a hundred SMS all from her too.

 

The messages are all the same like, “Why won’t you answer my calls?” “Are you busy?” and the likes. He marked all of it to delete it when he came across another message of her but a bit longer than the rest. It goes like this:

 

Oppa, I’ll be on a night’s out with the girls. I will be at Unnie’s café house so I will not anymore get there and just proceed to the girls’ apartment after we close the café house. Since we will be graduating next week Hyoyeon planned for our last night out as college students. Don’t worry I will sleep on time and I will wash up first before I go to sleep. You must not forget to do it too okay? I’ll call right before I go to sleep, so this time you should answer it or else I will snatch that phone of yours and throw it, got it? Saranghae oppa! ^-^

 

A smile got tugged on his lips. Instead of deleting it, he saved the message and went upstairs to change.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Sooyoung stayed at Soojin’s café helping the boys. When they had time right before they close, the boys crowded over her to ask about her married life.

“Noona, how is Kris Hyung treating you?” Nam Joon asked, standing beside her high chair.

“He’s treating me well, wae?” she looked at the young lad.

“It’s just that, you know, the news about the battered wife and the likes of that that’s why we are concerned about you,” Suga seconded, placing the tray on the counter.

“Well, I have eleven knights at home to look after me and seven handsome knights in the café plus eight lovely angels as friends so it’s way impossible for him to make me cry,” she gave an assuring nod on the boys.

 

“Noona, why did you and Kris Hyung stay for two nights in that hotel? Is that your second honeymoon?” the curious V asked.

Sooyoung blushed, “Why would you even ask that? There’s a minor in here,” she leaned on Jungkook who looked at them, somewhat puzzled.

“Aish, noona! We can cover his ears for you just spill some details,” Jin pouted.

 

Sooyoung can only laugh at their pleading looks. “Wait till you guys gets settled for real and you will experience it first hand,” then gave the maknae a one-arm hug.

“So Hyung will pick you up tonight?” Jimin asked.

“Aniyo, I will be going to Hyoyeon’s for our last night out as college students.”

The boys gasped, “Omo! We forgot that you will be graduating! Waah~ Noona! What gift would you want?” J-Hope asked.

“Anything as long as it’s from your heart, it will be fine,” she smiled at them.

“Aw~ Noona~!” V faked a wailing sound and moved around the counter to give her a hug which the others did the same, ending up into a group hug.

 

When the shop closed, the boys even insisted on sending her to Hyoyeon’s apartment and never left until she was safe inside.

“Those boys are so fond of you,” Sunny closed the door behind her when Sooyoung got inside.

“Soojin Unnie once got mad at them right after a month of her café’s opening. They were of course first timers so the sale was not that good. I was the one who helped them and cheered them. Even up to now, they are still afraid of Unnie,” Sooyoung narrated and took the spare slipper on the doorway.

 

The girls welcomed her that right after dinner, she was put into the hot seat about her married life.

“So Mrs. Wu how is your married life?” Sunny started.

“It’s going on well,” Sooyoung the girls suspiciously.

“Do you share the same room?” Taeyeon asked.

“Aniyo, we had separate rooms,” she replied.

“Does he kisses you or hug you before you part for your own rooms’ every night?” –Tiffany

“Aniyo, but I always welcome him with a hug. It’s him who sometimes surprises me with a kiss,” Sooyoung blushed earning a tease from the girls.

“Does he calls you or sends you love messages?” –Seohyun

“We don’t exchange messages. I would only call him if it’s an important matter and vice versa.”

“Does he bring you flower or something when he gets home?” –Yoona

“He did that only once. He brought me a box of Swiss Chocolates. It’s always the others who would bring home something for me.”

“So what does the two of you do whenever you get time for each other?” –Hyoyeon

Sooyoung tried to think, “I don’t remember anything worth remembering. All I can remember is that we would try to catch up with each other and checking about our future schedules.”

“You mean no cuddling or sweet whatnots?” –Yuri

Sooyoung shook her head.

“So how was your first night?” –Jessica

Sooyoung blushed, bowing her head which the more intrigued the others.

“Omo! Spill some Soo! That’s so unfair! Come on!” Taeyeon shook the blushing girl.

“That’s private!” she tried to prevent herself from smiling but she failed.

The girls insisted and continued bugging her until she gave in.

“I’ll tell it later. Let’s just finish first this movie, shall we?” she held up the DVD Seohyun picked up earlier from Hyoyeon’s collection.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Kris had been turning on his bed, unable to sleep. He does not feel at ease knowing that his wife is not at home. A few minutes ago Sooyoung called and told him that they will be doing a movie marathon so they might stay up a bit late.

 

He checked his phone but there’s no message all the more making him sleepless. Out of frustration he crumpled his hair and pulled himself up. After grabbing his phone and car keys, he arranged his crumpled hair in one run and went downstairs.

 

The two maknaes are still up. He checked the wall clock, it’s fifteen minutes past eleven already.

“Why are the two of you still up?” he asked stopping at the foot of the stairs.

“Finals,” Kai briefly replied.

Sehun is already on his last year in senior high while Kai’s already a freshman in college.

“Hyung, where are you going?” Sehun asked.

“Off to buy some cold water,” he casually replied without even turning his head and closed the door with him.

The two exchanged looks, “Buy some cold water?” they said in chorus.

“What’s the difference between the cold water in the fridge and the cold bottled water?” Sehun asked.

Kai just blinked in response finding their Hyung’s reason ridiculously stupid.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Sooyoung stared at her laptop to see if there would be a new message in her e-mail.

“Hey Soo! You promised us to tell something about your first night,” Tiffany grabbed a pillow and moved beside her. The rest followed making her put her laptop on the side table.

“So how did it go? Did you had it rough or what?” Yuri pried.

A blush crept up on Sooyoung’s cheeks, “He was gentle, careful,” she whispered, bowing her head.

“Jinjja? Daebak! Aren’t boys always rough when it comes to things like that?” Sunny looked at the others.

“Well, seems like he knows that it’s your first time that’s why he did it with much care,” Hyoyeon spared Sooyoung a look.

The others gave a nod.

“So how did it go? How did you respond to it?” Jessica asked again.

She was about to reply when her phone rang. It’s Kris calling.

“Excuse me, Kris is calling,” then she moved out of the bed followed by the tease of the girls. She went to stand near the sofa.

“Oppa, wae?” she answered the call.

“Are you still up?” came his reply.

“Ne, the girls are so noisy.”

“I can’t sleep.”

She was speechless when she heard it; it took her a while to reply, “Wae? Is there something wrong?”

“I don’t know. I just don’t feel at ease.”

 

“Soo! Yunho Oppa messaged you!” Hyoyeon exclaimed right next to Sooyoung.

She glared at the short one.

“Who’s that Yunho? Sooyoung are you really sure that you are doing a night’s out?” Kris voice sounds alarmed and mad at the same time.

“Oppa, Yunho is my classmate. I asked for a copy of the rubric for our final requirement, you don’t have to fret or get mad,” Sooyoung assured him.

“Make sure you are telling the truth or else I will pick you up right now and bring you back home,” he threatened.

Sooyoung glared at the grinning Hyoyeon, but then a smile made its way on her lips from his statement. Looks like he sounds jealous.

“I am telling the truth. Promise!” she even placed her right hand on her chest.

“So I will pick you up tomorrow, nine. Let’s have breakfast together,” he offered when Sooyoung heard a sound of a car rushing on the other line.

 

“Kris, where exactly are you?” she asked.

“I am at home. The maknaes are watching movie and had the volume up,” he replied.

Sooyoung finds his reply doubtful so she moved to get to the balcony. She opened the door and moved to get near the railings to check the road. Yuri and Hyoyeon followed her.

There goes Kris on the other side of the road, leaning on his car.

“Watching movies? So who is this tall guy leaning on his car on the other side of the road with his pajamas?” Sooyoung grinned.

“I really can’t sleep, knowing that you are not home,” he replied.

It warmed her heart so she asked him stay there so she can go down.

 

Kris pockets his phone, a wide grin plastered on his face when he saw Sooyoung walking towards him.

“What are you doing here in the middle of the night?” she asked right away.

“No welcome hug or kiss?” he replied instead.

She tried her best not to smile but his pleading face made it impossible so she moved and wrapped her arms around his neck to hug him. She felt his arms snake around her waist and pull her close. His masculine scent seeped on to her senses, relaxing her.

“You missed me already?” she whispered and felt him nod.

“I got used on hearing you nag the boys especially Kai and Tao when they would not do the dishes,” he whispered afterwards.

She parted and punched him in the arm making him flinch, “Ouch! What was that for?” he rubbed his arm.

She just pouted at him, somehow making him chuckle. He pulled her and cupped her face for a kiss.

“Let’s go home now?” he asked after parting.

“Bring me home and the girls will murder you,” she replied.

“Arasseo. Go back now and don’t spill anything about what we had talked about in here. Go get some sleep or you will look haggard on your graduation day,” then kissed her forehead.

Sooyoung smiled and waited for him to drive home. When she got back to the apartment, she did as he told him, not to spill anything. But the girls made it impossible that she soon gave up.