Chapter Forty Three

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

How she ends up on her bed that morning, she doesn’t know. All she can remember was crying in front of her husband after Siwon had sent her home. The firm hold on her waist and his steady breathing made her snuggle even closer.

“Are you going anywhere today?” he asked which surprised her, but she stayed in his arms.

“I don’t have any schedule today. How about you?” she asked.

“The company is always in a struggle ever since I took over. Important documents had been missing left and right and it’s frustrating that we cannot trace who’s the culprit,” he sighed.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered.

“I should be the one saying that. I had been going around with my pointless accusations and my inborn jealousy which seems to be always resurfacing on the wrong timing. I guess I had it hard on you,” he smiled, drawing soothing circles on her back.

“What do you mean?” she asked, a grin forming on her lips.

“I am selfish, especially to people quite close to my heart. How much more to that someone who owns it? I want her undivided attention, love, care and all. But then, that will be impossible since she is everyone’s princess. I just have to accept the fact that she is not just made in heaven for me only. She is actually a blessing for everyone close to me,” he relayed.

“Who is she?” she asked again.

He moved to cup her face, planting a soft kiss on her forehead before it went down to her lips, “You.”

“Let’s just stay like this for a while, shall we? I just want to hold you this close,” he whispers, closing his eyes after pulling her into a hug.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The day seems to be so fine that Baekhyun decided to stop by at the Soojin’s café house. It’s still early so the place is quite vacant. When he got inside, the boys greeted them by the counter.

“Hyung!” they called in chorus.

He took the high chair by the counter, smiling at them, “Early meeting for the next menu?” he asked.

“Aniyo. The café’s still vacant and we always do this when we have few people to serve,” Jin replied.

“Oh,” he gave a nod.

“What made you come hyung? Missed me already?” V pouted at the guy who rolled his eyes at the display of affection.

“Aniyo, I came here to ask you something about this certain girl you talked about when you perfectly ruined my moment with my best friend,” he grinned which made the younger one frown.

“But that’s already in the past,” he defends.

“Then you should be confident to spill some details right?” Baekhyun looked at the others, “I’ll borrow him for a while, will it be fine?” he asked.

The others gave their approving nod as they all disperse to serve some customer’s who just arrived.

 

“So how did it started?” Baekhyun asked as he waits for his usual order.

“Do I really have to tell it?” V asked.

“Not unless you want me to tell Sehun about it,” he grinned again which made the younger one agree.

 

V took a deep breath, “I first saw her when we are checking out Jungkook’s new school for his senior years. We were checking out the buildings and the classrooms when I saw her with a friend of hers. She’s somewhat discussing something about math since the book reads Algebra,” he paused, but Baekhyun motioned him to continue.

“You can say it was crush at first sight, I mean she is all smiling and very gay at that time with that certain glow,” he added.

“Glow? Like those that of the lead female princesses?” Baekhyun asked.

“Ne, that certain glow. So, after that visit, I came back alone to ask for more information regarding her. I learned her name and that she has a brother who looks like a girl but very protective of her. Whenever I would get some time, I would drop by in there to just watch her. I sounded actually more like a stalker at that time. Later, when we had our job in here, we learned that the owner of this café house is a cousin of hers,” he shifted from his seat.

 

“So you mean that’s all that happened? Nothing more?”Baekhyun looked frustrated.

“Ne, that’s all that happened. Oh, and one time when I visited the school, I saw her getting bullied by Sehun. They seem to be quarrelling about a book or a notebook which Sehun is holding up from her reach,” he added.

Baekhyun sighed, “That two really had their own history even before.”

 

As V was about to ask something, Sooyoung enters the café house which surprised the two.

“What is she doing here?” V asked as they saw her stop by a table with three guys in whom one looks younger and a woman.

“Who are they?” Baekhyun asked as they watch the group exchange hugs. The door jingled open to reveal Jinri and Minki.

“Hey, there’s your crush,” Baekhyun gave V a sly smile which made the younger one blush.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Just as Sooyoung was about to sit after the hugs and greetings, Jinri and Minki come up to join the group.

“Omo! Is this Minki and Jinri?” the other female which was named Yeojin gestured at the two.

“Ne, they are my dongsaengs,” the other guy beside Siwon, Seunghyun, smiled.

“Jinri! Minki – ah!” the tall younger one of the three guy, Junhong, moved to give the two a hug, lingering a bit longer on Minki which made the latter grimace in disgust from the gesture of affection.

Everyone knows that Minki hates being hugged and Junhong seems to be having fun seeing him get mad.

 

When everyone’s settled, Junhong looked up at Sooyoung.

“Noona, where is your husband?” he asked.

“He is busy with office works,” she smiled at the lad.

“I saw that magazine with the two of you and those two kids. That was daebak!” Junhong added giving her a two thumb up sign.

“He is always like that. So hyper that even Umma gets annoyed by it,” Yeojin sighed.

“Hey, it’s not bad to have a younger brother,” Sooyoung smiled at the pouting lad.

“Yes, as long as he acts like his age or behave just like Minki,” Yeojin reached to tap the addressed one’s shoulder.

Minki gave a triumphant smile over Junhong who barred his teeth as if threatening him.

“Yah, Junhong, Minki, stop that childish fight of yours,” Jinri glared at the two.

The others laughed when the two stopped right away.

 

“So how was work?” Seunghyun asked after receiving their order, courtesy to Suga and J-Hope.

“Tiring, but then that’s the price I have to pay. How about you? You have been out of the country for long,” Sooyoung smiled.

“That’s business. You have to know that since your husband is just like me,” he chuckled.

“Then I am not like you? Man! That hurts,” Siwon faked a hurt look.

“Shut up you two. As far as I know, the two of you leaves the country for pleasure only,” Yeojin rolled her eyes as the two defends their side which all the more made Sooyoung laugh at how childish they can be. The three young ones just rolled their eyes over their older sibling’s attitude and focused on the food.

 

When they had stopped, Yeojin looked at Sooyoung, “You seem to be so silent in there,” she noticed.

“I am just tired from work. How about dropping at our place tomorrow so you can meet my husband? Dinner will do,” she invited.

The others agreed but Seunghyun decided to not include his dongsaengs since he already knows about Sehun and Jinri going out and Minki seems to be still not that welcomed in Sooyoung’s place.

Junhong stuck out his tongue at Minki who protested. He earns a hit on the arm from his Yeojin noona.

“So it’s fixed then?” she smiled as they all stood up to leave the place.

“Yeah, we’ll have Siwon drive us there since he had been there,” Yeojin smiled as she reaches to hug her. She whispers, “Something is wrong. Tell me about it by dinner,” then parted as they all exited the café house.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Sooyoung requested her husband to go home earlier for the dinner. To compensate for his loss, he agreed. He was just shocked to see three handsome guys over the living room. From the way the two dress looks like they are of the same field as he is while the other one seems to be a teen from the casual shirt and pants he has with a pair of converse to go with it.

“Oh, there you are!” Sooyoung greeted him with a kiss and a hug. A beautiful woman followed Sooyoung from the kitchen.

“Babe, who are they?” Kris whispered after before parting.

Sooyoung smiled and gestured at them, “They are my cousins by the way.”

“This si Siwon Oppa, the one who sent me home. This one is Seunghyun Oppa, Minki and Jinri’s older brother. These two are siblings, Yeojin Unnie and Junhong,” she pointed at each of them respectively.

He gave a bow at them in which the visitors returned with same respect.

“Let’s have dinner? The food is already served,” Yeojin gestured over the dining room.

The couple remained for a while.

 

“Where are the boys?” he asked as she helps him remove his tie and coat.

“I asked them to come home later since we will be having guests today. They agreed so no need to nag at me why they did not remain in here,” she smiled as she intertwines her fingers on his pulling him to the table where the others are waiting already.

The dinner was mostly about business which made Junhong frown and complain about the topic which made them all laugh at him.

 

“So Kris, how did you meet my beautiful cousin?” Seunghyun asked as they enjoy some desserts.

“Since you all know that our marriage was fixed, I only saw her when my friends brought me with them on the café house of her sister. She was the cashier at that time,” he smiled remembering the memory.

“Did you have a hard time taming her? She can be such a headache sometimes,” Siwon laughed.

“Oppa!” Sooyoung glared at the guy.

“She’s not like that. I admit that she has her times also but she is more like a blessing for me,” he smiled, reaching to hold her hand.

“Oh my, I want to get married too,” Yeojin dreamily stared at their hands which made Sooyoung blush.

“Noona, you are beyond the calendar already and I bet no one will court you once they learn that I am your brother,” Junhong took a bite on his pie.

“This brat! I would make sure you get locked in Seunghyun place while I stay in Paris. Let’s see how long you can stand Minki’s attitude,” Yeojin threatened.

“I’m fine as long as there is Jinri, and then I can survive the problem regarding Minki,” he grinned at his sister.

 

The rest of the dinner went on well. As the male ones went to the living room, Junhong stays saying he can’t stand the words that the business man spills. The two female works on cleaning the dishes, immersed on talking while the young lad gets busy eating the fruits placed on a bowl at the center of the table.

 

“Sooyoung, something is really off from the two of you. It’s like yo just do those gesture because you have to, not because you want to,” Yeojin started while she wipes the plates dry.

“That’s most people say. We do it for the sake of marriage not because of feelings,” She sighed scrubbing the dishes.

“I won’t force you to spill anything. Well, I have this certain friend in Paris in which I can recommend you in case you want to do something out the country. Just call me; I will be leaving anyways by the tomorrow so how does that sound?” Yeojin offered.

“I’ll think about it,” she replied.

“Okay. Just a call and even if it’s in the middle of the night, I will definitely book the flight for you,” Yeojin smiled affectionately at the younger one. They continued what they are doing in silence. After washing the dishes, both almost screamed at the lad by the table. Fruit peels and all are about the table while the lad satisfies himself on eating those fruits, almost emptying the bowl.

“JUNHONG!” Yeojin exclaimed, angry and frustrated at her younger brother.

Junhong just gave a smile as he stuffs another strawberry on his mouth.