Chapter Sixty One

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

The sky is quite dark that morning with some fleeting black clouds. Their parents left earlier that day with Jinhyuk. Yeojin joined them since they will be picking up Junhong along the way. She decided to visit their grandparents which they all shared together with Sooyoung. Soojin stayed since her husband will arrive by around ten in the morning. She just resorted on doing the breakfast for her sister who went back to sleep after her morning sickness.

 

Her husband came home earlier than expected.

“You are early,” she greeted him on the front door.

“My flight was earlier,” he greeted back.

She helped him inside, noticing the large rectangular box from his baggage.

“What’s that?” she pointed.

“That’s what your sister asked,” he smiled.

“I really can’t believe she is pregnant. After everything, that is actually the last thing she has in mind,” she chuckled as she reaches to check it, but it was wrapped.

“It’s for her, don’t think of opening it,” her husband smiled and handed her another box instead.

Soojin gasped when he saw the ruby set in it.

“I bought that since I know you will have to wear that for another occasion regarding your sister,” her husband smiled.

“Another occasion?” Soojin asked.

“Trust me,” he smiled, moving to give her a kiss.

“I think it will rain,” Soojin mused when he noticed more black clouds on the sky.

 

It was around eleven in the morning when Sooyoung went down, still feeling dizzy.

“Are you okay now?” Soojin asked her as she walks to get to the kitchen.

“I am just hungry,” she smiled and starts her late breakfast.

When she was done, she proceeds to the living room to see the large rectangular box on the center table.

“Unnie, whose gift is this,” she asked, checking it for cards.

The front door opens as Soojin’s husband gets inside with some groceries and fruits.

“Oh, you are awake now. That’s for you,” he smiled as he proceeds to get to the kitchen to help Soojin in putting them on the fridge and cupboards.

 

Sooyoung slowly moved to unwrap it, lifting the cover and marvel over the set of kimono for kids, two for a girl and same for the boys. She lets her hand run on the soft fabric of the clothes, smiling tenderly on it. Sh envisions herself with her baby and him. She closed it afterwards and moves upstairs to keep it in her room.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Kris got down wearing casual shirt and jeans which made the present boys ask him.

“Hyung where are you going?” Lay asked.

“I will drop by to visit someone,” he replied, grabbing his car keys.

“When will you pay Sooyoung a visit?” Xiumin asked.

He just smiled at them before going out of the door.

 

It was a long drive and every minute he gets nearer their residence his heart beats louder and louder in his chest. He stopped in front of their gate and went down since the gates are open for some reasons.

‘Are they expecting me?’ he thought as he slowly moves to get inside.

He only got there once, but he never had the chance to get inside. This will be his first time if ever.

Their lawn is wide, with various ornaments. There’s a steel white table on the left with chairs, a small fish pond on the right with a mini fountain. Flowers abound the garden as he follows the white steps to their front porch. He pressed the door bell and was answered by Soojin.

 

“Kris, come inside! I will call Sooyoung for you,” she smiled.

Something clicked on his mind, “Thank you but I will only get inside if she asks me to get inside.”

Soojin blinked as she gave a slow nod, ‘Okay, I will get her for you.”

She moved upstairs and knocked on Sooyoung’s door, “Soo, Kris is here.”

“So? Let him in and entertain him. I am not in the mood,” came Sooyoung’s reply behind the closed door.

“But he will not get inside if you don’t get down and invite him,” Soojin looked at the closed door.

“Vampires are the only one who needs to be invited so they can inside. Unnie, I am really tired and feeling dizzy right now,” Sooyoung’s muffled reply made the older one sigh.

 

She went down with a heavy heart only to see her husband and Kris talking by the open door.

“Kris, please, it will be nice if you will get inside. She is being stubborn again,” Soojin sighed, moving beside her husband.

Kris shifted and gets on his knees, “I will only get up and get inside if she gets down and ask me to.”

The couple by door panicked when he kneeled.

“Kris, ignore Sooyoung’s stubbornness. Omo, this si crazy,” Soojin bit her lower lip as she gets forced to go up and plead for her sister to go down.

 

“Soo, come on! He already is on his knees, don’t be that heartless,” she tried.

“No one asked him to kneel. Let him stay there, that’s his choice, not mine,” Sooyoung replied.

Soojin tried to turn the knob and was relieved when it opens. She saw Sooyoung curled up under the sheets.

“Come on Soo, don’t be like that,” Soojin moves to sit on her bedside, “I’m afraid he might get wet from the rain. It will probably rain sooner,” she added.

“That’s his choice. He is being ridiculous again,” Sooyoung replied, still huddled under her blankets.

“And you are being childish,” Soojin sighed.

 

After her failure, she can only watch Kris on his knees with his head bowed down on the front porch.

“I’ll try to talk to her,” Soojin’s husband smiled at her only to stop when they heard the large drop of rain. Both of them looked at Kris get wet from the rain.

Soojin tried once again, “Kris, come inside. It’s raining already; forget that stubborn sister of mine.”

“Thank you noona, but I will only get up if he asks me to,” Kris replied and resumed on his stance.

She can only sigh at the stubborn pride of the two young ones.

 

Sooyoung pulled herself up when her sister’s husband went inside.

“Soo, come on and ask him inside. You don’t know how much it takes for a man to kneel down on his knees. It only shows that he is really sincere,” he tried to reason out.

“Who told him to kneel? Let him get wet from the rain. That is his choice,” then she plugged on her earphones. The male one can only sigh as he moves out of her room.

“We will be just at the kitchen. Your sister is going to make some warn soup,” he added then closed her door.

 

Once he is outside, Sooyoung moved to check if it is really raining. The loud taps on her window made her realize how hard the rain is. Occasional lightning and thunder made her uneasy as she tries to look at Kris from her window but the location of her room made it impossible for her. She started to pace back and forth inside her room, battling over her conscience. Another peal of thunder made her even more uneasy. The rain decided to add on her fear as it starts to pour harder. After pulling her hair in frustration, she grabbed her umbrella and walked down the stairs in a rush, “What a stupid guy!” she hissed when she saw him on his knees by front porch, all wet from the rain.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Kris can only sigh and suppress himself not to tremble form the harsh beating of the rain on his back. ‘Just why did I do that stupid suggestion of that weird maknae?’ he thought.

“Yah! Paboya! You could have at least moved under the shade!”

He lifts his head, a smile tugging on his lips when he saw Sooyoung struggle in opening her umbrella. Once she did, she moved and helped him up. She stood near him, emanating warmth.

“Are you trying to kill yourself?” she asked, wiping away the raindrops on his face.

“Am I forgiven?” he asked instead.

“Whose idea is it for you to kneel in here huh?” she opted not to answer his question as she runs a hand on his left cheek. Worry is very much evident in her face somehow making him feel warm.

He suddenly held her hand, “Youngie, am I forgiven?” he asked.

 

A sudden gush of the wind made her let go of the umbrella when she finally looked into his eyes. With trembling hands and tears in her eyes, she cupped his face. She was not able to stop herself from pulling him into a hug as she cries. She just held him there, sobbing into his shoulders despite the rain.

“I am going to ask you for the third time, am I forgiven?” he asked, pulling her closer, the rain slowly subsiding.

“Oppa, I miss you,” she replied instead which draws a smile on his lips.

“I guess that forgive needs to wait eh?” he whispered back.

 

“Sooyoung?” he called afterwards, still hugging her.

“Ne?” she whispered, leaning on his shoulder.

“Naneun dangshineul saranghamnida,” he breathed.

“I have been dying to hear that from you,” she replied, parting to kiss him and hug him again as the rain starts to pour down again.

 

As the rain started to drench them again, he suddenly fell limp, falling in her arms till she was on her knees, holding him. She shook him lightly, “Oppa, yah! Kris don’t you dare leave me in here! Yah! UNNIE!” she exclaimed as she tries to revive Kris.

Soojin and her husband moved out to help them as they mount him on the car, rushing to the hospital.