Chapter Forty Two

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Sooyoung was feeling too tired and at the same time scared of what might her husband tell her; more likely ask her. But then, she has her own reasons too. Her sister was married two weeks after their anniversary. It was on Jeju and since it’s her only sister she had to stay for the night. Kris was not able to come with her nor the boys since all were so busy about works on that very same day which surprised her.

 

Kris was informed but then he has another business meetings pending for that day which was delayed so he can’t skip it. On that day, she keeps on calling him but then he can’t pick up so she called all of the eleven of them and informs them about her spending the night at Jeju. Now that she is heading home, late because of a family dinner, she is suddenly scared at the thought of seeing him mad again.

 

She checked her watch as Minki’s car leaves the front porch. It’s already thirty minutes past ten. ‘God, please help me survive this night,’ she prayed as she turns the knob. She peeked inside to see the whole place deserted, but the lights are on. With a relieved sigh, she went inside and locked the door behind her. She was about to step when she heard his voice.

“Finally thought of getting home?”

She looked around to find where the voice could be. She saw him rise from the sofa on his pajamas already. A faint smile appeared on her face when she saw him wearing Jinri’s gift.

“Where have you been?” he asked, moving to get close to her, stopping a few feet away.

“I had an overnight at Jeju with my family for my sister’s wedding and as for today, we had a family dinner with her in laws,” she replied.

“Stay over the night for Soojin’s wedding? Wae? They can’t have their night without you?” he raised a brow.

 

It was already fine to hear him nagging about her whereabouts but it’s her sister’s wedding which is the issue which made her mad at his pointless questioning again.

“And if I say yes? What will you do? Tear them apart so I can go home?” she looked up at him, her eyes burning already in anger and frustration.

“You should understand that it’s not like every day she gets married. They waited for that day and she had been wishing for me to be in there as she takes her vow. I cannot be that heartless for a sister who had done much for me. She is just like my other half, so if you cannot understand that then that is not anymore my problem,” she laughed a bitter one when he was speechless.

“What would you know about siblings anyway when you never had one,” she added and left him dumbfounded.

 

Just as she got up on the last step, his arresting voice made her stop.

“I may not know about that sibling bond you and your sister share but you can’t just judge me just because I am the only child. You don’t know anything about me so you cannot just make up conclusions as to how I feel.”

She gave him a side glance, “Well, that is because you never give me the chance to get to know who really you are,” and then left for her room.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The very next day, she was the one to left earlier for her next photo shoot. Her manager informs her about the early briefing of the sponsor and owner of the brand of the bag she will be endorsing so without having breakfast, she immediately went out which surprised the boys.

“What’s with Noona?” Kyungsoo asked when they heard the front door slammed shut.

Just in time, Kris enters the kitchen, looking like he is not even in the good mood.

“Hyung, what’s with Noona?” Kyungsoo asked the tall Chinese blonde.

“Ask her, not me,” then proceeds to get a cup of coffee.

The rest decided to just shut their mouth when they sense the atmosphere between the two.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Sooyoung was busy replying on the message from her friends when they got inside the building where they will have the briefing and the pre photo shoot. When she looks up, she saw a very familiar physique just a few feet away from her.

“Siwon Oppa?” she called. The guy in formal black suit turned his head only to be surprised too.

“Sooyoung,” he smiled, showing that very deep dimples he has which had made most girls go crazy about him.

She grinned and ran to hug the guy, “I missed you!” she exclaimed.

The guy did the same as he hugs back. The people passing by, her manager with her crew watches as the two parts and talk right in there.

“How are you? It’s been ages!” he asked, looking or more like inspecting her.

“Oh, been busy since I got a job,” she replied.

“Your married life? How is it faring?” he asked again.

“It’s very happy, blissful,” she faked a smile which he fails to notice.

“I’m so sorry I was not able to be in that day. I know how much that day means to you,” he touched her face.

“I know, you and Seunghyun oppa, even Yeojin Unnie and that brat Junhong,” she pouted.

“Yeah, we missed such event. But then you can’t just blame us since it was also sudden,” he smiled again, “What are you doing here by the way?” he asked afterwards.

“I am here for a briefing and a pre photo shoots for a bag.”

 

“A bag? Well good for you because it will be Mom who will meet you. I am so sure she will make you her lifetime model if she has to when she learns about this,” he chuckled.

“Oh, it’s Aunt’s brand? I didn’t know that,” she exclaimed with surprise.

He checked his watch, “Hate to break the moment but I have to go. Let me have your number so I can call you and inform you when will those three will be back. I can’t reach you on your other number,” he handed her his phone. She asked for his too. After the exchange of numbers, he gave her one last hug, “I will give them your number so they can call you too, or I might send you their numbers instead. Take care okay?” the left her.

 

Her manager suddenly pats her shoulder, surprising her.

“You know him?” she asked Sooyoung.

“Well, of course, he is my first cousin. He is like a brother to me,” she proudly replied.

“Really? I can’t believe you are related to the CEO of this company,” her manager whispered in surprise again, “Just how many more prestigious people you are related to?” she asked again earning a playful punch from Sooyoung.

 

True to her cousin’s word, the woman behind the brand of the bag is really her aunt and decided to have her as her personal choice of model. The briefing was so quick since her aunt wants to catch up with her. It was after lunch when they had the contract signing and a few routine for the pre photo shoot for the bag. It was around that time when Siwon went over to check her as they do the shoot. After the required number of photos, they dismissed the session.

 

“Hey there beautiful!” Siwon reached to give her a hug.

“Miss me already?” she smiled as she lets herself be enveloped in his arms again.

“Aniyo, I missed you so much,” he whispered endearingly. “My sister misses you too,” he added as he parts.

“I miss those times where we would all go out just for fun,” she gave a sad smile.

“And those times when they would mistake us as lovers,” he chuckled.

“And same goes with Yeojin Unnie and Seunghyun Oppa,” she added and laughed along with him.

“I’ll send you home after dinner. Mom insisted a dinner with you even though I already told her that you are tired and that you need to rest immediately,” he said.

“I don’t mind. It’s not like I always get the chance to have dinner with your Mom,” she replied, “I’ll go and change first. I can’t move freely with this long gown,” she added gesturing over the long dress.

 

The dinner was like the continuation of their catching up earlier. If not for the time, they would have probably been able to relate every detail of information about their own lives which each failed to notice.

“I will send her home already Mom. Her husband might get mad at her,” Siwon literally pulled Sooyoung away from his mother’s tight hug.

“But son, I missed my baby girl,” his mother pouted which made both of them laugh.

After much persuasion, he was able to have her. The ride home was made in comfortable silence. It was so inviting that it made her wish that they would not just arrive home. But you cannot just let that be because right then, Siwon’s car is already entering the front porch of the large mansion which she considers as her home already. After pulling over, they saw Kris by the front porch, leaning by the door in his pajamas, looking like he had been waiting for long.

 

“He’s handsome. You are quite lucky Soo,” Siwon chuckled as he moves out to open her door.

“Getting gay because of his looks?” she looked at Siwon, earning a glare instead which made her smile.

After getting out, she stayed near the car which made him wonder. He brushed some hair falling on her cheeks. “Is there some problem?” he asked, cupping her face.

She sighed, “I am getting tired already,” she replied. For a moment, Siwon wonders what could be her cousin be thinking but since she had been on a photo shoot, it made him think that she is tired from the session.

“You need to rest. Don’t worry I will call them all in your part so you would not be bothered. Maybe tomorrow or the other day we will all meet you. At your Unnie’s café will do right?” he asked lifting her face to look at her. She gave a faint smile and sighed when he enveloped her again in a comforting hug.

“I bet your husband is really mad at me thinking that I am some kind of suitor or the likes,” he chuckled from the hug.

“He is always like that. He gets jealous of everyone,” she replied.

The hug lasted for a while.

 

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

True to her words, Kris had been burning with curiosity and jealousy the moment that tall guy opened the door for her and they even had sweet gestures and probably some sweet exchange of words which he can’t hear from where he is. ‘I just got rid of Changmin and now this one? Just how many men should I get rid off to have my wife’s full attention?’ he thought as he watch the guy envelope his wife into a hug which all the more enraged him. Sooner, the guy left as Sooyoung went up the front porch.

 

“Having the nerve to act sweet and all with your new lover in front of your husband?” he immediately started the moment she stood in front of him since he leans in the middle of the door.

For how many times did she sighed that she finds it irritating already, “Kris, I am tired. Not now, please,” she begged, her shoulder slouching already.

“Who is he?” he asked instead.

“My cousin,” she replied trying to get past him but he held her by the arm.

“You think that I am a fool to believe that reason?” he glared.

She met his gaze with a tired and sad one, “Just when you would stop that pointless accusation of yours? I had been giving my answer well but you are distorting it. He is my cousin whether you believe it or not, now let me go because I am really tired.”

He held her gaze for a while, as if taunting her to yield to his conclusion about that guy. But her expression remained as it is.

“You really would not tell me the truth?” he asked, almost a whisper.

 

His pointless accusation and out-of-place jealousy, her tired body and her confused mind plus the hurt in her heart made it hard for her to suppress the tears which immediately fell from her eyes.

“Oppa, please believe me this time, please,” she begged, bowing her head as her body shook lightly from her cries.

 

It surprised him to see her breakdown in front of him that he soon loosened his hold on her, unsure of what to do. He was speechless and at the same time unable to think of how to react. Still unsure, he moved to just give her a hug. That’s when he cried for real which somehow made him forget all those things he had thought before as he takes in her cries.

“I’m sorry,” was all he could muster up which all the more made her cry.

“Kris, I can’t take it when you would not talk to me, I really can’t take it,” she cried, hurting him too.

He had never made a move to reconcile on her about their argument regarding her stay overnight at Jeju for her sister’s wedding.

Her cries made him hug her even closer as the faint blow of the wind washed over them.

“Please don’t do it,” she whispers again and again as he felt tears fall from his eyes.

He roughly wiped it off, “I’m a useless husband, I’m so sorry,” was all he could think of as a reply.