Chapter Twenty Two

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

It was another day without anything to do. The rest are all in work while Sehun and Kai went to school. Got bored staying on the large mansion, Sooyoung decided to leave and stay at her Unnie’s café house. The seven lads were even gladder to see her again.

“Noona!” V rushed to give her a hug the moment she stepped inside the café house.

She returned the gesture as they went behind the counter.

“Can I stay here for the day? It’s so boring staying at that large mansion alone and besides the company haven’t called me yet. I am beginning to think that I didn’t get the job,” she sighed, putting on her apron.

“Then it will be the loss of that company,” Namjoon replied getting inside the kitchen.

“Noona!” Jungkook came from the kitchen, hugging Sooyoung.

“Maknae,” she smiled, hugging the lad.

“Noona, let’s all have lunch later?” he asked.

“Sure thing. I probably would ask you guys too if you didn’t ask me,” she replied.

 

For the whole morning, she helped the boys in running the café. It was around lunch when they are about to close the shop for a while when Changmin came inside.

He smiled at her, “Anyeong Sooyoung,” he greeted.

“Changmin oppa,” she looked at him with surprise.

“So how are you now? It’s been a month since we last saw each other. That was by the beach in Jeju right?” he asked, taking a seat on one of the high chairs.

“Would you want anything?” she asked instead.

“Two iced caramel macchiato,” he replied.

She punched in the orders and passed the note to the boys.

“Is that one for your girlfriend?” she asked after giving the orders.

“Aniyo, it’s for you,” he smiled making the girl blush.

 

There was silence while they wait for his order. Namjoon flipped the sign on the door and lowered the draperies for their lunch.

“Would you want to stay for lunch? We are about to have lunch anyways,” she offered, breaking the silence.

“Would that be okay with you?” he asked.

She just gave a nod and gestured over the large table near the counter. She went inside the kitchen to talk to the boys.

“Boys, I have a huge favor to ask from you,” she looked at all of them.

“Since Changmin oppa will be joining us for lunch, please don’t ever mention that I am married or anything about Kris okay?” she blinked at the seven lads.

“But Noona, that’s bad. I mean, why would you keep it?” Suga asked.

“Please, just for now,” she begged.

“But why do I feel like you would ask the same thing again?” J-Hope raised a brow.

“Aniyo, just for now, please, please, please?” she made a puppy eye expression.

The boys had nothing to do but to abide to it.

 

Their lunch was done in silence, except for the two who were busy catching up. V and Jungkook are already uneasy because they are afraid that Kris might get in the shop to buy some coffee. It was around one thirty when they opened the shop again after fixing the table where they had lunch.

“So, I’ll see you next time?” he asked.

“Sure, I’ll be just in here before I finally get to my job,” she replied, a shy smile painted on her lips which alarmed the boys.

When Changmin left, the seven lads crowded over her.

“Noona, who is he?” Jimin asked.

“My crush when I was still in college,” she replied.

“But you like him up to now right?” Jin asked.

“Aniyo, he’s just a friend already,” she replied.

“Then why didn’t you tell him that you are married?” Suga asked.

That one question silenced her. Good thing, customers started to file in, giving her the chance to avoid the boys’ query.

 

Later that night, they sent her home. Before she gets inside the door, they talked to her again about Changmin.

“Please, Noona, tell Changmin that you are married. We don’t want you and Kris hyung get into a fight,” Jin tapped her shoulder. She gave a nod before getting inside.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

For the preceding days, Sooyoung stayed by the café to avoid boredom. Kris was informed about her daily attendance into her Unnie’s café. He can’t just lock her up in the large mansion the whole day; as long as he abides to the curfew then its fine with him.

 

Jin and the other in the café are the ones who feel troubled and uneasy whenever Changmin would walk inside and stay for hours talking to her. It would have been fine but the way Sooyoung blush and act like a shy girl talking to her crush made them worry.

“Hyung, what would we do? I am so scared,” Jungkook tugged on to Jin’s sleeves as they watch the two talk over a glass of iced coffee.

“I don’t know. I don’t even know how I should prevent that guy from getting in here,” Jin replied.

Later, they saw Sooyoung get up and get to the rest room, same with Luhan and Xiumin getting inside the café.

V looked at Jin who’s sitting behind the counter, mouthing ‘What do we do?’

Jin ignored him, proceeds in attending to the order of the two.

 

“Hyung, what can we do for you?” Jin smiled at the two.

“We would like two black Americano,” Luhan smiled.

“To go?” Jin asked, punching in the orders. Xiumin gave a nod.

It took almost a few minutes before their order was done, “Where’s Sooyoung?” Luhan asked receiving the order.

“The restroom,” Jin smiled.

“Tell her we dropped by,” Luhan said before he left with Xiumin.

 

The moment they stepped outside, Sooyoung came out of the restroom. She moved to the counter to get some tissues.

“Those girls should know some manners. Look at what they did to my dress,” she wiped off the wet part on her skirt.

“Noona, Luhan hyung and Xiumin hyung dropped by a while ago,” V said from behind her.

She turned around with wide eyes, looking like a deer, caught in the headlights.

“We already warned you; I have this bad feeling that it will not anymore anyone of them but your husband already,” J-Hope patted her shoulder.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Kris woke up in the middle of the night from the sound of the TV .

‘Who the hell would watch this late at night?’ he thought getting up from his bed to go down. The living room is dark except from the light emanating from the screen. He let out a sigh when he saw his wife sprawled on the sofa with the messy center table full of DVD’s. He picked up some litter and arranged the DVD before he removed the remote from her grasp. He picked up her phone and lifted her up. Having a hard time opening the door to her room, he proceeds on his room since its open anyways.

“This girl surely needs to control her attitude,” he sighed after tucking her under the sheets. He fished out her phone from his pocket placing it on the side table.

 

Just as he was about to sleep beside her, Sooyoung’s phone vibrated. He reached for it, sliding the lock only to be shocked from the sender of the message.

“Who’s this Changmin?” he whispered. The message goes this way:

 

I’ll meet you at the café house tomorrow. Goodnight…. <3

 

The last symbol meant nothing but then their exchange of message which was left on a thread on her phone made him doubt it. There were sweet exchanges and sweet words between the two. He looked at his wife sleeping peacefully beside him. He took one last breath before putting down the phone on the side table and dozed off.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Sooyoung moved closer to shield herself from the rays of the sun flooding on the curtains. Kris groaned and pulled her even closer when he felt her move. Feeling the arms on her waist, Sooyoung opened her eyes and tried to look up only to let her head get in contact with Kris’ chin since he is holding her close. Both parted, holding the injured area of their body; Sooyoung pressed the top of her head while Kris had his hand on his chin.

“Oppa...” Sooyoung groaned in pain, moving a bit to look up at him.

“You should have at least moved a bit before you tried to look at me,” Kris looked at her.

“Why am I in your room?” she asked after a while.

“You fell asleep on the couch last night. I can’t bring you to your room since I have a hard time opening the door because I am carrying you,” he gave a small smile.

A warm, dreamy smile made its way on her lips, “Thank you,” then moved to snuggle close to him.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be preparing for work already?” she asked.

“I have a meeting by ten, so I can go there not later than nine twenty,” he replied.

There was silence before Sooyoung shuffled to get up.

“Are you going to the café house today?”

“Ne. That company probably found other model that’s why I need to keep myself busy for the mean time,” she stood up and picked up her phone from the other side of the table before going out the room.

Kris watched his wife disappear from the door before he pulled himself to call someone.

 

Sooyoung left around nine to arrive early at the café house. Just as always, the boys are glad to have her working with them. It was not until later when the café house got full from the nearby university. To attend to the customers, they took turns in having lunch.

 

By around three, Changmin came inside, straight to the counter where Sooyoung’s serving a customer.

“I’ll have two frappuccino,” he smiled when it was his turn. Sooyoung smiled and punched in the orders. When it came, she left her spot to Jin and joined Changmin on a vacant table.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Hyung, why do I feel like something’s about to happen today?” Namjoon placed the tray on the counter after serving a customer.

“Do you know that I get scared whenever you feel that way? Because I am very much sure that there will be something,” Jin replied, checking the logbook.

Just then, V came rushing to them, “Hyung!” he frantically whispered. Namjoon and Jin looked at him.

“Kris hyung is coming this way, what should we do?” he looked around in fright.

“What??” the two exclaimed and craned their head to look at the glass door.

With his entire charismatic aura, there goes Kris in his black formal suit, his tie a bit loose. They turned to look at Sooyoung who is still talking to Changmin like they are the only people in the café house.

 

When V and Namjoon saw Kris getting near, they scurried to get to the kitchen, both holding their phone, frantically pressing buttons.

“What’s with them?” Kris asked Jin when he got to the counter.

“They are always like that when they receive a message from their friends. So hyung, what would you want?” Jin asked, his hand trembling a bit as he glances over Sooyoung’s table.

“One frappuccino please, iced frappuccino,” he smiled but it scared Jin the more as he punch down the order.

“Would you want it to be wrapped?” he asked again.

“Aniyo, I’ll drink it here. I need a few minutes to relax,” he replied and waited for his order.

After a few minutes, Jin handed him the drink. The moment he turned around to look for a table, the six boys hiding inside the kitchen scurried to get to the counter and watch Kris walk over to Sooyoung’s table.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“It would have been nice if we had the same course, but my parents really want me to get business related course. Besides, I can’t imagine myself being in a room and sewing dresses for female models,” Changmin smiled, somehow making Sooyoung laugh a bit.

When she looked past Changmin, her laughter died down and the blood in her face got drained making her stop for a while. Her breathing quickened as Kris gets closer to their table. Just as what she dreaded to happen, Kris stopped beside their table making Changmin look up at him too.

“Can I share the table with you? There is no vacant one,” Kris smiled down at Changmin, before turning to look at Sooyoung.

“Sure, Sooyoung won’t mind anyways right?” Changmin smiled at her. She blinked and gave a nod. Kris made himself comfortable beside Changmin, sending his wife a silent message through his eyes.

 

“I’m Changmin by the way, you are?” he looked at Kris.

“Kris,” came his short reply.

“Kris Wu? The renowned youngest business tycoon?” Changmin blinked in surprise in which Kris replied with a curt nod before sipping on his drink.

“Soo, you should be lucky to have someone famous as him staying in your Unnie’s café house,” he looked at the still frozen Sooyoung.

Changmin looked at Kris once again and reached for a handshake, “Is the rumor true about you getting married?”

“Ne, I am already married. But I am wondering why am I seeing her with another guy. Don’t you think it’s a bit rude and bad on her side?” he asked eyeing Sooyoung. She avoided his look, sweat forming on her forehead already.

“That’s really bad. I mean, she should be grateful that she has you as her husband, why look at other guys? But I believe you do your part too right?” Changmin asked again, not getting the message on Kris’ words.

An evil grin made its way to Kris’ lips as he looks at the uneasy Sooyoung, “Of course. I am faithful just as how she wants it to be.”

Just as Changmin was about to ask again, his phone rang.

“I think I have to go now. Well, it was a pleasure to know you personally. Soo I’ll take my leave now,” Changmin stood up and bent down to give Sooyoung a light kiss on the head before he bids the two a goodbye.

The two of them stayed in the table till it was already time to close the shop.

 

“Hyung, we are to close the café house now,” Namjoon bowed on Kris.

“I’ll have a word for the seven of you. Stay here and wait for me. We will talk about this at home,” he stood up, the chair scraping loudly on the floor, startling the boys.