Chapter Sixty Seven

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

“You just have to clean the wound once in a day. It will heal probably two days or more. No need to fret,” the attending pediatrician pats Kris shoulder.

Dr. Ha Ni smiled at the married guy, “Don’t worry. It is not that bad. Just don’t forget to let them wear mittens ok?”

“Will it leave a scar?” Kris asked.

“We don’t know but I might say it can be helpful in a way to distinguish the twins. Remember, they are identical.”

 

Kyungsoo decided to hold Kirby since Kris had developed a momentary phobia of holding babies.

“Now, we just have to make sure you immediately explain when noona gets home okay?” he said over the driving tall guy.

Once home, the rest are already there, playing with the eldest of the twins.

“How is he?” Chen stood up to check the baby.

“It’s nothing serious,” Kyungsoo replied feeling tired all of the sudden.

“I am more like the mother in here,” he added as he hands the baby to Kris.

 

Later in the afternoon, the boys got too excited over a football match they are watching. Kris decided to buy some pizza and few food treats with Kai. It proved to be a wrong move because after a few minutes, Sooyoung arrived.

“Anyeong!” she greeted them before rushing upstairs, too excited to see her twin babies.

 

Their intense gaze and concentration on the game was cut short when they heard Sooyoung stomp her feet as she goes down the stairs. She glared at the boys as she took her strides to get near them. Each of them looked up at her.

“Can someone explain the bandage on Kyle’s eyebrow?” she crossed her arms, raising a brow.

“Um, noona, its Kirby,” Baekhyun gave a nervous chuckle.

“It doesn’t matter, now explain. Chen?” she looked at the frightened Chen.

“Noona, I was with Kyungsoo to clean the feeding bottles,” he explained, blinking in fear.

Sooyoung eyed Kyungsoo, “Kyungsoo?”

 

He was about to answer when the front door opens revealing Kai and Kris.

“Babe!” Kris moved to hug her but she raised her arm to stop him.

“Explain the meaning of the bandage on Kirby’s eyebrow,” she eyed him.

He blinked back at her, looking at Chen and Baekhyun afterwards.

“Don’t think of putting the blame on any of them. I clearly gave the instructions to you so explain,” she tapped her left foot.

 

“Babe, it’s an accident. I forgot to let him wear the mittens,” he explained.

“Really? Then you sleep on the couch tonight,” she glared then turned around to leave the astounded Kris and the snickering boys.

He started to calmly breathe to control himself. It was Suho who reminded him again.

“Kris don’t even think of fighting fire with fire. You already lost her once; you don’t want to lose not just her but the twins as well.”

“I just don’t understand women sometimes,” he sighed, getting to sit near the boys.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Sooyoung is fully aware of Kris peeking at the open door. She sighs, getting annoyed as well.

“If you want to get inside, get inside. Stop that peeking! It gets creepy and annoying me as well.”

Kris felt too shy to get inside but he can’t take the sight of not being with her as she plays with the twins.

“I am sorry, I really didn’t mean it,” Kris sighed after sitting opposite her on the bed.

“Say sorry again and I will really make you sleep on the couch,” she replied without looking at him, cooing at the laughing Kyle.

 

After tucking the twins to sleep, she moved to see him sitting with his back on him. A smile gets tugged on her lips as she moved across the bed to hug him from the back, “Are you okay?”

He sighed, “I am just still feeling scared from what had happened on Kirby. I just can’t get over it.”

“Don’t have to worry that much. I understand. It’s just that you know how much they mean to me, to us so you should know that I will really fret when I see a bandage on my baby’s face,” she leaned forward to snuggle on his neck as he reaches up to hold her arm.

 

He smiled, turning to hug her as he pushes her down the bed.

“Now, to make up with you,” he leaned closer to whisper ily on her ears.

“Not now babe, I am really tired,” she replied, closing her eyes as he fell near her, defeated.

“Arasseo. Good night babe,” he whispered, pulling her close.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

 

The boys are all in the living room; Kyle and Kirby are in Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s lap respectively. They are all playing peek-a-boo on the twins, trying to see who is more favorable on the twins. For that matter, Tao and Kai failed miserably while Sehun gets to be the twin’s favorite as they keep on reaching for him.

 

It was the twin’s first birthday, and they are learning few words already such as ‘Mama’, ‘Dada’, ‘Papa’, ‘Nana,’ and some more incoherent words which sounds very endearing for the boys, especially the parents.

Just in time, the door opens as Jinri and the twin’s parent gets inside with some food and a cake.

“Omo! There goes my handsome cousins!’ Jinri squealed as she moves to get near the two who all reached for her.

She had been with them since Sooyoung got discharged, especially during her free time. She loves playing with them that she often gets home late and do overnights in there too. “Nana,” the twins reached for her as they all struggle to free from the two.

“Oh, you want to be with Noona? But how can I carry the two of you?” she smiled as she kneels in front of Kyungsoo and Baekhyun.

“Let me help you,” Sehun stood up and reached for Kyle letting Jinri hold Kirby. The two of them moved near the window, playing with the twins.

 

“Loving babies and babies loving you run in the blood?” Kris asked as he watches the two younger ones play with their kids.

“Yeah, it runs really in the blood,” she smiled as she prepares the cake for the twins. They decided to just have the party with them since it will be such a mess if they do an extravagant one. Besides, the twins are picky over people they allow to hold them.

“It’s been already a year since they were born,” Kris smiled as he watches Sooyoung place a large candle shaped like a number one on top of the cake.

“Yeah, and sooner, they will be just like you when they grow up. I just hope they don’t get too naughty or the likes. I already have twelve headaches to deal with, another seven on the café house, and another five from my family so I don’t want another two more,” she sighed as she smiles after finishing the cake.

“But babe, that only shows how blessed you are,” Kris pouted.

“I know, but I don’t want any wrinkles at my younger years,” she leaned forward and kissed him.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“So let’s see what your uncles have got for the two of you,” Kris started to unwrap the large box as Sooyoung let’s Jinri hold Kirby for the mean time.

Inside were parts of a large crib, “You brought them another crib?” he asked.

“Not just a crib. It can transform into a large bed too, for the twins,” Baekhyun explained.

“We can check out the instructions later so we can assemble it,” Chanyeol smiled.

 

The next gift was from Jinri. It was a pair of small hoodie personally designed with their names embroidered on the back of the hoodie.

“I can’t think of any color so I choose black since letting them wear white will only lead to another load of laundry,” Jinri smiled.

“So what did the parents had for their babies?” Suho asked.

“It’s a grand one and it will also include one of you,” Kris grinned.

“Wae? What is it?” Chen asked.

“Yeojin gave us a free tour package for five in Europe for the twins. Since it will be only good for a week, we decided to extend for another week,” Kris grinned at the boys who gape at them.

“So who will be the lucky one?” Sehun asked expectantly.

 

“The second mother of my babies, Kyungsoo,” Sooyoung smiled at the addressed one.

Everyone eyed Kyungsoo who just stared back at her, blinking those wide eyes.

“So you can pack up now because we will leave by Thursday,” Sooyoung patted Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

 

True to their words, the five of them left by Thursday. The rest were just left to look after the mansion and the company.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Omo! Look how adorable they are! They are so lovely!” Yeojin squealed in delight as she rushes to meet the coming group.

“We had to bring along Kyungsoo since the twins are way comfortable in him,” Sooyoung replied as she hands Kyle to Yeojin, but she has to take him back when the boy starts to wail.

“He hates me?” Yeojin pouted and tried to reach for Kirby. The boy did not cry but as they are going to the car, it starts to sob and soon it wailed.

“Did you bribe your kids to cry when I hold them?” Yeojin stared at the baby who stopped crying when Kris took him.

“Come on Yeojin, we can have our twins too when we get some time,” Andrei chuckled on the driver’s seat.

 

Yeojin and Andrei got married after few months, following Kris and Sooyoung’s second wedding.

“So you will stay for two weeks in here?” Yeojin started another conversation.

“Yeah, more like a gift for our twins,” Sooyoung smiled, cooing sweet words on her babies.

They soon silenced themselves when they noticed the sleeping Kyungsoo near the window.

“Jet lag,” Kris smiled.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The stay was worth it. They visited various places and even flew to London to visit Joo In and her kids. The twins were so ecstatic when they saw the babies that even when they left, the two of them cried, begging their mother to give them a baby brother or sister.