Chapter Fifty Five

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

That very next day, the day rolled by normally as Xiumin left the house for his apprentice lesson on a coffee shop on a very secluded part of the city. It may be hidden on the busy part of the city but the customers who goes in there were all big time people. They often close deals in there which made him memorize some notable persons in the business world.

 

For that day, he was lucky to find a parking space since it always full. After turning off the engine, he reached for his black vest and wore it above his white polo shirt with sleeves pulled up on the elbow. He then grabbed his bag pack and left the car, locking it. As he was fixing his bow tie, he took a glance over the transparent glass walls of the coffee house only to look back to see a familiar pair of old people talking to a young man.

 

His eyes widened as he quickly moves to use the back door to avoid catching the attention of the old couple. When he got inside the kitchen, he immediately asked if the order for that specific table is done.

“Ne, it’s done, are you going to deliver it yourself?” his co-worker asked.

“Aniyo, I would like to check it first. I know who are those people and they are very particular in their coffee,” he replied, trying to inspect the tray.

“Oh, you are very right, especially that old lady,” the same guy said as he fixes his tie.

Discreetly as possible, he pinned something on the saucer of one of the cups and made some fixings before he gave the tray back to the guy.

 

Right after the guy left, he tried to find a place at the kitchen and opened his laptop, typing something and waited for some feedbacks. Later he heard the conversation he had wanted to hear for a month now. With a grin, he pressed the record button and listened as well.

 

“It’s good that you know of a place like this. The ambiance is actually nice,” and old woman’s voice spoke.

“Ne. my friend who is his secretary recommended this place.” A male voice replied.

“So where are the papers we asked you to get?” an old man’s voice spoke.

There were some shuffling sounds before the old woman’s voice spoke again.

“Very good. You are really indeed an excellent one. She was never wrong in recommending you.”

“Woobin, don’t you have plans of working in our company in China?” the old man asked.

“I would like to do so, but I am doing fine in here and besides he will suspect me once I withdrew from my duty. He had placed much trust on me,” Woobin explained.

“These are really the 4 –year future plan they had created. Now that we have it, just what would my grandson do to restore back their company who is already struggling?” the old woman chuckled.

“We had made countless offers for him to leave his mother and joined us instead but he had been poisoned by my sister and that mother of his. Now look at what happens to whoever goes against the Empire,” the old man said and shared a light laugh with his wife.

 

Xiumin decided to stop the recording in there since the next things were all about useless things. He made a copy of it and moved to capture some photos for further evidence.

‘Kris will be delighted to know this,’ he thought as he prepares to join the others in preparing the orders.

 

Later that day, Xiumin left the café and decided to get some drinks at Soojin’s café house. The boys all smelled that coffee aroma in him.

“Hyung, are you making coffee too?” V asked after serving a customer.

“I am just an apprentice,” he chuckled as he waits for his order.

“Woah! Jinja? Then teach us what you learned so the café house will have new more menu,” Suga seconded.

Xiumin gave a light chuckle, “Sure, I can teach you the new recipes on my free day.”

A message from Luhan made him leave earlier as he heads home.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

CHINA

 

Sooyoung watched the car travel the highways as the buildings soon got replaced by trees and sceneries which were all so relaxing. She had asked permission from Jinhyuk and Yeojin to go at Guangzhou alone to meet whoever made an appointment with her. Although it scared her to go alone, she accepted the offer as the lady who presented herself as the secretary of that person joined her in her trip into that place.

 

Since they had been traveling for hours, she even managed to take a nap after getting tired of taking pictures. She was awakened by the soft voice of the secretary, “Miss, we are here already.”

She looked around only to marvel at the sight of the grand ancestral house in front of the car. There are bodyguards roaming around the place that it scared her as she descends from the car. It surprised her that people bow their head whenever she passes by at the household helpers.

“They know who you are Miss, no need to be afraid,” the secretary replied as they stopped on a large oak door.

“Madame waits inside. She asked me to just take you in here,” then the lady opens the door.

 

She moved inside the largest receiving area of the house. There is few furniture and bookshelves with a study table on the left side. In front of her is a large window which illuminated the place. There are paintings of old Chinese sceneries and sayings on the wall. The furnace on the right has a large picture frame hung atop it which made her gasp.

 

“I decided to remove our picture together and replaced it with your wedding picture,” a familiar voice made her turn her head.

“Mommy?” she looked at the woman standing near the door.

Mrs. Wu smiled, “Yes, and welcome into the Wu’s residence,” she gestured with open arms.

She looked back up at the frame. It was their solo picture together on the church aisle, side by side, looking perfect like those in fairytales which made her heart ache.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

KOREA

 

Xiumin arrived at the mansion only to be surprised to see the boys gathered at the living room, excluding the two students. Kris is with them.

“When did you arrive?” Xiumin asked as he joins the group.

“Just right now,” Kris replied.

“So what’s the news?” Lay asked.

“She was really in Paris but after the conference, they left. Andrei is not even informed of where they went,” Kris sighed.

 

Xiumin smiled, “I already know who the culprit is,” and then he took out his phone and played the recorded message. After listening to it, everyone exchanged looks as Xiumin placed the printed photos on the table.

“Another evidence,” he said as everyone picks up a photo to check on.

“So it was him all this time? Then I guess Kai and Tao knows what to do and where to bring him,” Chen smirked, placing down the photo.

“But I have to leave by two in the morning. Mother booked me a flight in China,” Kris sighed. “That thing can wait, just make sure you have him in there,” he added.

 

“Oh, and I already know where to trace noona,” Tao smiled a triumphant one.

“And where?” Baekhyun asked.

“The agency holding me in China called that I will be having a five minute short film for a certain tourism company and guess what, Sooyoung noona will be my partner for that. Kris gege said something about his flight in China right? Well, the reunion will happen earlier than expected,” Tao looked at the shocked group of boys.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

CHINA

 

“Are you sure it’s fine to leave her under that lady? Guangzhou is a far away province and I am scared,” Yeojin tried to calm her trembling voice as she paces in front of Jinhyuk in their hotel.

“Don’t worry. She will just be meeting her mother-in-law,” Jinhyuk replied, leaning on the sofa.

“Mother-in-law?” Yeojin asked, stopping.

“Yes, because the Wu’s royal ancestral house is situated in Guangzhou so no need to fret. Be scared when her sponsor asks to meet her,” Jinhyuk looked at her.

“Why did you accepted that offer when you know it’s dangerous!” she throws a pillow into him which he was agile enough to avoid.

“I know whom she should avoid and whom she should meet so relax. I would not put her into danger. Besides, that man is somewhat related to her husband,” Jinhyuk smiled again which all the more scared Yeojin.

“Why did I even called you in the first place when she got in there,” Yeojin stomped her feet away to cool herself outside after grabbing her purse.

 

The moment she stepped out of the hotel room, her phone rang.

“Yes, this is Yeojin speaking,” Yeojin answered.

“Mister Li is expecting the female model by three in the afternoon. The address will be sent later,” the voice on the other line replied.

“Three?” she panicked, “Ok, I will contact you once she is ready,” then she ended the call turning back to get inside.

“Jinhyuk, we have a problem,” Yeojin stopped in front of him.

He looked up at her lazily from the couch, “Back so soon? Tired of walking on your own?”

“Mister Li will be expecting Sooyoung by three today. Now call that sister of yours and bring her back in here,” she glared.

Jinhyuk sighed, “Arasseo,” then he picked up his phone and dials Sooyoung’s number.

 

-----------

 

“It’s perfect,” Sooyoung marveled over the picture frame.

“Yes, beautifully captured,” Mrs. Wu moved to stand beside her.

“I learned about your fight,” she added after a moment of silence.

Sooyoung bowed down her head, “I’m sorry.”

Mrs. Wu cupped her face making her look back at her, “No need to be sorry. I think my son had gone overboard by doing that. He is so overly protective eh?”

Sooyoung gave a nod.

“Then I will tell you why,” she smiled at the younger one leading her to the largest sofa.

 

The moment was interrupted by the ringing of Sooyoung’s phone.

“I’ll just answer it first,” she excused and picked up the call, “Ne Oppa, wae?”

“Your main sponsor will be meeting you today at three so better make a rush back in here or we will be late,” Jinhyuk replied from the other line. She replied a small yes and ended the call.

“I think I’ll have to be back tomorrow. My sponsor will be meeting me today at three,” she sighed upon facing Mrs. Wu.

“No need to worry. You will spend the night in here after that meeting, okay? My secretary will pick you up right after it,” Mrs. Wu smiled at her.

She was not able to refuse as Mrs. Wu calls on her secretary to bring her back at the main city for her appointment with her sponsor.

“I’ll have to get your number Miss so I can contact you right away. I will also give mine,” the secretary bowed, presenting a phone. Sooyoung gave her number as she gives hers too, then they went out the house to leave.

It’s not the wish of Mrs. Wu that made her say yes but the thought of learning things about her husband is what made her say yes.