Against All Odds

Against All Odds

Two years later....

 

"I cant believe I did that to you.." A finger ran along her arm, right exactly where a faded bite mark scraped off her skin's perfection. She smiled, feeling that familiarity of her lover's touch and she realized how much she misses it more as days passed by. "Amber... its already been two years, stop torturing yourself for doing something you didnt even had any control of."

"Still.." And Krystal shushed her by placing her forefinger to her lips, not wanting to hear the same story for the nth time. "Just shut up and kiss me."

Without anymore more words, the handsome boyish army personnel nodded, climbed onto her girlfriend's top and pinned her hands above her head; and kissed her like they hadnt kissed for years.

They just want to convey every emotions and feelings they have for each other through kisses, touches and love making if possible. They didnt really have much time to spend with each other especially now that theyre back to being humans again.

 

 

Two years ago...

 

"Ohh no.." Kibum cursed at the realization, seeing a huge bite mark on Krystal's arm. "Taeyeon move away from her." But it was too late, Krystal already made a run for Taeyeon and they both fell on the floor.

"Nooooooooooo." Kibum's voice echoed as he withdrew his gun, then bang.....

 

A loud gun shot caught everyone's attention in the control room.

 

"What the hell happened?" Sunny asked, worried about her lover that was not with her at the moment. She and everybody else in the control room except Jeno, Dr. Cho and Dr. Bae went towards the big screen where Dr. Choi Minho was trying to enlarge a specific video.

 

"Taeyeon.." Everyone can here Kibum's voice and all went pale as they saw someone hovering Taeyeon's small body.

"Isnt that Krystal?" Yuri asked. ", she's a zombie now too?" She cursed as she can already imagine her friend Jessica's reaction would be if theyre going to bring a dead Krystal's body home.

"How did that happen?" Jeno asked in the middle of his examination. He was currently under some blood testing as he heard what Yuri said.

Minho who was in front of the controller pushed some buttons and right before their eyes, laid the recent events that happened inside the testing lab hours ago.

They watched how Krystal was untying Amber from the swivel chair and the zombie soldier managed to take a bite on her girlfriend's arm since the mask that was supposed to prevent her from biting slipped to her chin. They saw how Minhyuk pulled Krystal away from Amber and dragged her inside the cabinet. They could hear the younger girl screaming inside the cabinet pleading Minhyuk not to kill her girlfriend. The guy did tried not to hurt Amber so much but by doing so, it caused him his life when the soldier jumped onto him and latched onto his neck; then he was dead on the spot. 

They couldnt watch Amber eat Minhyuk anymore so Dr. Choi Minho replaced it with the previous video where they saw Sooyoung pulling Taeyeon up to her feet.

 

A moment ago, when Kibum was about to fire at Krystal, Leeteuk pushed him aside resulting for the gun to fire in a different direction.

"What the hell Leeteuk." Kibum was furious, he cant let his sister die, not when she's on her watch so he was mad at Leeteuk for stopping him to kill Krystal who had just attacked Taeyeon.

"See for yourself." Leeteuk pointed at the floor where Taeyeon as struggling under a desperate and hungry zombie Krystal. Good thing Taeyeon was quick to think that she immediately shielded herself with the gun. With only eating in her mind, Krystal was not aware  that Sooyoung and Yonghwa was walking towards her till she was pulled away and tied down by a cable wire.

"Are you alright?" Kibum immediately went infront of his sister and examined her for any bites which was luckily, none.

"Come on,lets just bring them to the control room." Leeteuk told them and they all went out of the testing lab.

 

"This is wonderful.." The relieved and joyful tone on Dr. Cho's voice caught everyone's attention, even Krystal's and Amber's as well who was chained in a bed together. 

They were currently inside the room where they held Taeyeon earlier and was currently checking out Jeno's blood along with the zombie's blood and the doctor just found something interesting that amazed him.

"Jeno, did you had seizures before?" Dr. Cho asked the young boy who nodded. "I was epileptic."

"Your blood has ample amount of potassium bromide, uncommon thing for epileptic patients."

"My dad injected me more than my prescriptions everytime Im having a seizure, to the point I got overdosed and almost die." The young boy conformed.

"But you didnt, and it seemed to me that the drugs mixed well with your red blood cells and acted as a fighting agent against the PNV12. That being said, KBr or what we call potassium bromide made Jeno immune of the virus. With his blood, we really can generate a cure. Maximum of ten to twenty days, I can give you a test run for the first trial."

Although they didnt quite understand what the doctor have said, with the mention of the cure, they all celebrated not caring that that they still need to test it first and testing the sample was what takes a lot of work, energy and time.

"But we till have one problem here, we're still locked in. We cant go out." Dr.Bae Irene immediately killed the joyous moment, "If only Dr. Kwon Jiyoung was here, we can rewrite the passcode and turn off the lockdown code."

"Why? No one knows here how to rewrite your own system?" Seohyun, who was the best syntactic annalist of all times, asked and Dr. Choi Minho answered, "He has the parsekey, without it, we cant open the decoder."

"Did you looked for it in his office?" The three doctors nodded. "He always have the key in his pocket, he always reasons that computers isnt always at its best condition and might malfunctioned, so its best that he always bring the key wherever he goes in the premises."

Everyone fell silent, not knowing where to go from there. They could produce the cure within a month but being locked inside the testing lab will make all their efforts void and pointless.

"We can look for this Kwon Jiyoung.." Lay suggested.

"We can, but in case you forgot, this is a testing lab, everyone here is a doctor and wears a lab gown and youre suggesting for us to look for him in a zombie swamp? Are you ing serious Lay?" Sunny barked at the man who cowered back and hid behind Yonghwa.

"Its not that your idea is bad Lay, just that it'll take us months to clean the whole building up. We cant really be sure what might happen during that time." Leeteuk always have the skil to boost 's ego and at the same time, turn his idea down without saying any bad word.

"This is the parsekey." Dr. Choi Minho showed a picture of the card key to everyone through the big screen. 

"Holy ..." Sooyoung caught everyone by surprise as she took a rather unique looking wallet from her pocket. "Wait, thats Dr. Kwon Jiyoung's wallet."

"Yeah, I think it is." Sooyoung said as she opened the said wallet and revealed an identification card that shows the owner's name printed on it. "Saw it fell on the floor when I killed one zombie when we first came in here. Thought the wallet look so cool, so I took it." Sooyoung informed them.

Sunny who was the closest to her jumped onto her and kissed her lips. "Ohh how did I get so lucky?" The assassin threw the wallet to Seungri who immediately tipped it open. A wide and triumphant smile was drawn in his lips as he waved the card key up in the air.

 

 

 

 

Current time...

Amber was trailing kisses along her girlfriend's collar bone when a knock on the door disturbed them. They ignored it at first but when the knocks becomes louder, an annoyed and frustrated Amber yelled, "What is it?"

"Duty first, later." The soldier laughed knowing exactly who it was behind the door.

"Damn you Eric."

"Go down now or Jessica said she'll knock the door down if you wont untie her sister from the bed." Krystal shook her head knowing that the message was indeed from her sister.

"You know Taeyeon cant stop Hellsica, so you better free her sister now Amber." Yuri was also joining the teasing along with Tiffany.

Sam's laugh can be heard and as well as Dara's as they once again knocked the door.

"We'll wait for you downstairs Am."

No choice, Amber climbed off the bed and got dressed. "Be careful out there?"

"When did I ever not?" And with that Amber kissed her girlfriend goodbye and walked out of the room heavy geared, ready to save human lives with their bullet cure serums; and into their real world where their love stood still against all odds.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




I know, I know.. The ending is lame, but ohh well, you guys dont have a choice anyway.

So this is it, its the end guys.

Hope you had fun reading this just as much as I did writing it.

And if this lived up to your expectation, dont forget to upvote the story.. Okay?

 

You all have been very loyal readers to me that despite not updating for almost a month, you guys are still reading it.

And for that, thank you so much.

Hope you guys are still anticipating for the next stories that Im going to write.

Till then,

 

This is GrandpaBacon, ing out.    ^-^v