Hope

Against All Odds

Out of 20 men, my troop and whats left of Sergeant Kim's combined, were now down to 8 and we're half way to Yongsan.. We got held up by a bunch of zombies a couple of miles back and a lot of us got bitten and turned like them.. We dont have a choice but to kill them.. Shooting them at their heads was indeed effective, I proved that to be true back at the Seongnam Camp when I came face to face with that zombie girl.

Seriously, up until now I cant still grasp anything with whats happening really.. Im sure Im not the only one.. These zombie outreak just popped out of nowhere.. No news about it.. No warning about it.. I mean its 2014 now.. Shouldnt we get to know everything first before it happened? With all these technologies the Government of each Countries have been using, they couldve atleast foreseen this or atleast gave its people a warning.. It couldve atleast prevented of spreading like this.. Or unless the government tried to hide it again and it came exploded right on their faces.. I just feel pity for those who has no ability to fight those zombies.. for those who has no guns or intruments to fight for their lives.. for those who isnt strong enough to fight and was just only waiting for their lives to end.. If only we knew what was coming, innocent lives couldve been spared..

 

"Serge.. Can we atleast rest for a while?" I asked as I stopped walking and wiped the sweat running down my cheeks. We've been walking for 2 days straight now and Im sure Imnot the only one getting tired here.

"Yeah Serge.. We wont make it to Yongsan if were going to die of fatigue Sir." Pfc Choiza backed me up. After Pfc Schultz died, Pfc Choiza became my wingman.. He looks after my back and I look after his, since both are buddies died already..

"Alright. A couple of hours but when we saw one single zombie near us, we move again, understood?"

"Sir, yes sir." We said in chorus in low voices, we dont want to attract zombie's attention now, do we? 

We sat at our own trees, ate our own canned foods and closed our eyes after to get some sleep with Serge first on monitoring the surroundings. After an hour the one monitoring would wake someone up to replace him, that way we all get equal rests. 

We felt safe for about 10 hours till three zombies showed up, we didnt fired at them instead we charged at them and stabbed their heads with knives. We killed them and we didnt attract more zombies at the same time..  We moved ahead to our original plan.. Operation Yongsan.

We used the same strategy of using the knives for killing those zombies we get to face with along the way, as long as we out numbered them and only use our guns if were at a disadvantage. We dont want to run out of ammos before we reach Yongsan..

 

As we get another rest the next day, I finally got the chance to look through Pfc Schultz's bag while keeping an eye out for zombies as the others sleeps.. Inside the bag was his untounched MRE (meal-ready-to-eat), his wallet, a bible, a notebook and some ammos. Days ago, we already disposed things which we dont really need. I threw my bag since I dont really have much in it and just put some important things in Schultz bag.. Im going to give it to his wife so she better be alive when I get there.. I hope Mrs.Schultz and Tom, his wife and son whom I only met couple of times before, is still alive. I hope Yongsan isnt that much of a wreck like Seongnam..

I hope Krystal is safe..

 

 

And as I and the rest of the troop struggled to keep ourselves alive and breathing and battling with these zombies till we reach Yongsan..

 

 

 

 

All we can do is hope..

 

 

 

 

 

That something better is waiting for us in Yongsan...