Lost hope

Against All Odds

 

 

Earlier...

 

"Hey... hey.. hey.." Taeyeon slapped Irene's hand off her colar. "Not because Im like youre prisoner, you can just drag me around like this. Im older than you." Taeyeon barked as she fixed herself. "Plus, we have the cure, so a proper treatment would be nice."

"Excuse me but first off, that cure that youre talking about is still not tested so its still not proven that it is the cure. Second, you are indeed our prisoner because you just trespassed a government facility and third, how sure are you that youre older than me?" Irene has her brows arched up and hands were crossed against her chest. Intimidating, Taeyeon thinks, but no, there's only one girl who can intimidate her and thats Jessica.

"Im 27. You?"

Irene didnt answer but instead she walked ahead. Taeyeon already got her answer and she cant take her stupid smirk off her face knowing she hit the jackpot cause even if she's their prisoner, being older is still an advantage. Even amidst the apocalypse, Korean tradition still stands strong.

"You should call me Unnie." Taeyeon even teased but Irene didnt reply back.

"Arent you going to call me Unnie?" Taeyeon continued.

"Ms. Bae.." The man with a round eye glasses paused as he saw Taeyeon walking behind the junior scientist. "Ahh hi.. Im Dr. Cho Kyuhyun, her supervisor."

"Dr. Choi Minho. Scientist 1." Introduced the other guy who was in front of the big screen thats shows up what Taeyeon thinks a hundred videos at a time.

"Dr. Kim Taeyeon. General Practitioner." She quite dont know why she had the urge to tell her own title but she did anyway.

Both the scientist only nodded.

"She said her group has a cure for the epidemic." Irene informed and the first thing Cho Kyuhyun did was clean his eyeglasses on her shirt. "So we've heard."

"We heard you in the CCTV." Choi Minho butted in, pointing at the wide screen.

Taeyeon felt relieved that she didnt have to explain herself again. It was too exhausting, really. She then walked towards the screen and had to squint her eyes to focus on a video on it. There was a lot of movement from all the videos and Taeyeon tried to find her group mates but she find it hard to do so.

"So you knew all along we're here but you didnt help us?"

"We didnt know why youre here for."

"When a living person needs help, you help them."

"You think we didnt try? We're all family here. We lost a lot of members, all of them, we're the only ones left." Choi Minho defended. '"Helping you wouldnt make any difference." And Taeyeon knows he's right, she understands. They were just trespassers, their lives wont mean a thing to the three doctors. But they have something that might help them end this apocalypse so saving a stranger's life can make a difference.

"We have a cure." Taeyeon announce.

"Youre not sure of that yet." Cho Kyuhyun said.

"I told her that already." Irene butted in.

"Thats exactly why we're here, to get it tested." Taeyeon looked at the three of them, "Now, help me get my members so we can start the tests, shall we?"

 

 

 

 

 


 

Everyone was delighted to see each other after the hardships they went through inside the building. Soehyun was now in the arms of her boyfriend Yonghwa and Sunny was already being pinned against the wall by her girlfriend Sooyoung. Both lovers were so happy to meet each other again after hours and hours of endless worrying and praying for each other's safety.

Lay was watching at how Dr. Cho Khyuhyun and Junior Scientist Irene Bae checked Jeno up while Leeteuk, Kibum and Taeyeon were talking to the security guard named Lee Seungri and Scientist I Choi Minho.

"We just need to clear this pathway and you can all go to this passage. It goes directly to the testing lab." Choi Minho said, pointing at the map before the security guard pushed some buttons on the table where mostly all the controls are. The screen changed it only became one-video screen, showing a passageway full of zombies.

"Well I can take Yongwha and Sooyoung with me to clean them up first. Leeteuk, Taeyeon and Seungri here can back us up, in case something happens. Just in case something happens which I hope not. We'll go in first and they could fo after 15, hopefully by then we cleared the hallway up." Kibum strategize as he points out where he wants his small troops to be and where Leeteuk's group will come from.

"I'll help you guys from here." Miho told them, holding out a radio phone thats connected to the other one strapped in Seungri's belt.

The security guard even gave the two acting leaders of the group each for a better way of communicating each other.

They didnt waste anymore time and head straight to their plan to save Amber, Krystal and Minhyuk.

They were already few feet away from the testing lab and was only finishing some more zombies on their way when the radio on Seungri, Leeteuk, and Kibum's waist . "You might want to go in there quickly." It was Minho. When the static went off, the cement wall came up and six feet hurriedly ran inside where they found Amber eating a bloody Minhyuk on the floor.

"No..." Leeteuk was about to run towards his friend but Kibum stopped him. Seungri took out her stunned gun and fired at Amber. Since zombie's brain are still working, the stunned gun sent corporal Liu to the floor, quivering.

Seungri immediately went towards Amber and tied her with the first thing he saw around him, a telephone cord.

Once the soldier was apprehended, Kibum and Leeteuk helped Seungri lift Amber up.

"Krystal... Krystal.." Taeyeon called out, worrying and hoping that her girlfriend's sister is still alive and unharmed. "Krystal.. Krys, were here now."

They all heard a sound coming from a cabinet not far where Minhyuk's now-dead body was.

Taeyeon walked towards it, opened it and revealed Krystal all covered with blood and her hair was all covering her face.

"Krystal?" Taeyeon asked as she took some steps back. Yonghwa and Sooyoung was already on full alert again.

"Krys?" Taeyeon repeated.

"Ohh no.." Kibum cursed at the realization, seeing a huge bite mark on Krystal's arm. "Taeyeon move away from her." But it was too late, Krystal already made a run for Taeyeon and they both fell on the floor.

"Nooooooooooo." Kibum's voice echoed as he withdrew his gun, then bang.....

 

A loud gun shot caught everyone's attention in the control room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The end.



So, it came to my attention that some of my fics had been reposted to another site, not just mine but also some of the great kryber senpai authors out there too.

Its not that Im against reposting, either you give me credit or not, it would be very nice to atleast let me know so there wont be any misunderstanding between us fans.

I repeat, its okay for you guys to repost my fics.. Just please do tell me, I dont bite, I promise.

Telling me wont hurt right? I mean, I am willing to let you guys repost it, that way, we all spread our Kryber love, right? Sharing isnt bad, is it not the main reason why I write and post it here in aff so you can read them in the first place?

Okay, Im done sharing you guys my two cent worth of thoughts.

Hope you guys dont get bored reading my fics..

 

Tata for now.

 

GrandpaBacon

ing Out.

^-^v