Trouble

Against All Odds

"Unnie, she'll be fine. Taeyeon will be fine." Krystal gripped hard on her sister's trembling and as they both stared at the short girl lying on the bed. Taeyeon had been sick since yesterday when she and Amber had accompanied the siblings to do a nature call far from the truck. It was grassy so the short girl didnt notice the snake. She had been bitten by a venomous snake, but good thing Amber knew that the snake isnt deadly it only attack your immune system thus will leave you sick for days not till youre properly medicated that you may end up dead.

"There's one small town just a couple of miles away from here. If we go there by car we might just attract a lot of zombies but if we go by foot it'll take half the day to go back here." Sam summed up what he, Jeno and Yuri talked about to Amber who was preparing her guns and knives in a knapsack. 

Amber again looked at the list that Taeyeon had gave her yesterday before she fell ill, written there was a couple of antibiotics and ibufropens and a lot more that they all can use in some emergencies like this.

"You think we can make it before dark?" Krystal inquired as she hopped off the truck.

"No. Thats why youre staying here." Amber kept on loading her handgun with bullets before turning in the silencer they had again took from one dead body of a police officer on the way.

"What? No. I am not letting you go there alone Amber." Krystal held Amber's wrist, stopping her from packing.

"She's not going alone. Im going with her." Krystal's brow twitched when Suzy came in view fully geared, a riffle strapped along her chest, a knife on her waist and a back pack on her shoulders.

"Relax girlfriend. I wont be alone with Amber, we're going with Eric. Although I want to be alone with her." The last sentence was alomst a whisper but the surrounding were silent that Krystal and Amber both heard what she said.

"Suzy.." Amber warned. Suzy backed away, arms held up in the air. "I was just joking."

"Why is she coming with you and I cant? Im your girlfriend Amber." Krystal is obviously angry, her voice was giving it all away. Jealousy was starting to eat her again.

"Baby, thats exactly why Im leaving you here. Its safer here. Yuri and the rest can protect you while Im out there. I cant risk you being in danger with me." Amber tried to reasoned out but too late, Krystal had already closed her ears.

"You said you want me to back you up but it seems like you'd rather have your ex-girlfriend do that for you."

"Look Krystal. Suzy's gun handling is a no joke, she always win whenever the three of us had some sort of a duel and having her beside me would only mean I could come back to you alive."

"And you think I cant do that?"

"Thats not what I meant.."

"Fine go with her.." Krystal's words were cut off when Amber suddenly pulled her aroun and held her shoulders in place. "Look, I am not going to Suzy if thats what youre thinking. Im not that kind of a person. Will you just trust me? I dont want to go like this while your mad at me, I dont want something bad to happen to me knowing that we parted like this.. Awww." Amber whined, Krystal had just slapped her head. "Dont ever say that."

"Im taking that back, sorry, so will you please stop making this a big deal. I need Suzy's skills not her, okay?" Amber kissed Krystal on her forehead. "Im going now."

Before Amber could turn around Krystal pulled her by her neckline and crashed their lips together.

"Youre mine.. remember that."

 

 

 


 

 

"Just like before huh? Us three?" Eric broke the defeaning silent.The trio was walking along the woods, mission in mind and with some prayers that they get back alive. The trio had their guns at ready, hands gripping tightly at the handle and index finger was itching to pull the trigger once danger showed itself.

"Just like the old times." Suzy said, glancing over her right side where Amber was walking beside her.

"Yeah. Eric still wants to kill me, something that never changed since we were kids." Amber said without looking at her companions. She was busy scanning ahead, trying to spot any possible danger.

"I want to kill you more now than before."Eric corrected her that only made Amber laughed.

"What's funny?"

"You, you hate me like I killed your parents."

"Didnt you?" Amber stopped on her tracks. "I did raised my gun to them but I could never kill someone who treated me family."

"Bull." Eric cursed, still walking ahead.

"I let them run Eric,I let them go.. I didnt fire the god damn gun."

"Yeah, you just let some of your comrades to do it for you, great job Amber."

"Eric come on. Dont be like this.."

"And ofcourse, you always take her side. Dont be a hypocrite Suzy, Amber can never go back to you. So stop hop.." A slap had already landed on Eric's cheeks.

"Im not siding with her becuase I still have feelings for her, but because your being stupid. Stop blaming Amber for what the army did to our parents, she isnt the one who pulled the trigger."

"But she's one of them."

"Grow up Eric. In case you havent notice, our past isnt important anymore." Suzy ended the argument and pulled Amber wrist, leaving a dumbfounded Eric behind.

 

 


 

 

"Is it clear Amber?" Suzy asked from the other side of the wall fence. Amber had just climed it and as soon as she landed on the ground she looked around for zombies but nothing was on sight. "Yeah,its all clear."

"Okay, Im coming in." Suzy announced. "Here, take this." Suzy said handing Amber her gun so she could properly jumped down.

"Come on,I'll help you down." Ambr offered her hand which Suzy took and as the latter took her jump she hit Amber's chin and they both fell on the ground, and accidentally having Suzy on top.

"Awww.. Aww.." Amber whined.

"Are you guys okay?" Eric called out.

"Yeah we're fine. Just a slight accident." Suzy answered.

The two bodies on the ground looked at each other, noticing how their bodies was pressed against each other and how their faces was only inches apart.

"Suzy.." Amber started but was cut off by Suzy's own pair of lips. It wasnt just a peck cause the short haired girl felt those lips had moved and urging her to respond. How long since the last time she tasted those sweet lips?

She was about to indulge herself good thing the sound of someone landing on the ground and a grunt pulled her back to reality, pushing Suzy off her.

"Dont worry, I dont kiss and tell." Eric said emphasizing the word kiss, making Amber really guilty. She had promised Krystal she wont hurt her and asked for her trust, yet there she was already doing things she's not suppose to.

"Amber.." Suzy muttered. Amber raked her fingers on head as she stood up and handed Suzy her gun.

"Just dont. Please Suzy, just dont." Amber cant get herself to be angry at her ex-girlfriend. She just cant even after what she just did, not like she liked it.. but she almost kissed her back right? Almost..

 

Ohh god.. I'm in trouble, arent I?

Amber thought as she started walking behind Eric and Suzy..

 

 


 

 

"Amber will be fine." Yuri said, patting Krystal's shoulders.

"I know. Im more worried about Suzy to be honest." Krystal confessed.

Yuri laughed ligtly,taking her girlfriends hands on hers. "Ex-girlfriend is more dangerous than the zombies huh?"

Krystal sighed before nodding her head. "She's nothing but a trouble."