End

Against All Odds

"." SP Lee exclaimed and Choiza and I came to see what's wrong.

"The bridge is blocked. Two cars have clashed and blocked the road." SP Lee said.

I opened the door and we all went out to look at how bad it is. Behind those two broken cars ahead were more piles of broken cars. I guess everyone was in a hurry to leave the town.. Even if we're able to push those two cars that have caused the car jam still the tank wont make it.. Unless we pushed all those cars off the bridge. But that will take us half the day.

"Damn it.." I cursed.. Im only a couple of miles away from Krystal's house..Just a couple of miles more and I'll be with her.. But just fate is testing me really hard..

"Its okay Serge.. Just drop me off here.."I said as i fixed my gunstrap across my chest and flung my army bad onto my shoulders.

"But Cpl Liu."

"Its okay Serge, resume the mission, bring the bus back to the camp.. I'll join you as soon as I get my family." I turned to Choiza.. "You got your phone?" I asked, referring to the phone that the privates lend us for the mission. He nodded. 

"I'll call you from time to time.." Before we head out from camp, Choiza and I talked, asking him to give me news about the camp so if Im able to save Krystal I'd know where Im heading.

"Okay Cpl.. Be safe." He said as he patted my shoulders.

"Try not to get killed Cpl." I heard Pfc Jimenez said. I just nodded at him.

"Cpl Liu.. If ever you came across this woman.. Please tag her along with you." Sergeant Kim said and handed me a photo. "Thats my sister. I...I cant reach her phone.. But Im still hoping she's alive.. So just in case.." Sergeant's voice trailed off and I smiled at him..

"Its okay to show some weakness Serge.. Dont worry.. I'll save her if ever I'd see her around." And with that I left the group. Jimenez was the one driving the bus since it has been his job before he entered the army and he's with Serge to back him up, leaving the tank for SP Lee and Choiza. I gave them one last look and they bid me goodbye before I head on..

 

 

 

 

Gripping my gun tightly Ive walked across piles and piles of broken and abandoned cars. Still relieved that no movement from either living or those undead around me.. To be very honest, Im scared like hell.. Im alone.. ALONE.. with no one to back me up in case something bad happened.. With only a gun, a fully loaded bag of ammo and a knife to protect myself.. I am scared.. But it wont stop me for trying to save my princess who Im sure is probably scared as hell too.

 

I stopped walking when I heard sounds coming from behind me.. Sound like a twig got broken because someone stepped on it.. I stayed silent and listened to the sound again.. 

".."I muttered under my breathe when I heard growls.. grunts and eerie sounds that gave me goosebumps.. I turned my head around and it scared me even more to see that there's a bunch of Eaters heading towards me..

"Ohh my ing god.." I said as I started running away and fate mustve hate me so much cause ahead of me, another group of Eaters blocked my way..

"Now Im .." I exclaimed as I headed to the woods.. Im running as fast as I can,my steps was double of my heartbeat.. Scared that if I'd stop even by a second I'll be dead..

 

"Oh god.. Oh god.." I repeatedly muttered.. I dont want to fire.. Im sure if I do I'll just attract more eaters on my tail.. I cant let that happen.. I dont want that to happen.. So I kept running.. Evading all the eaters that blocked my escape route.. In every turn, there's eaters.. Jesus.. Can I survive this?

 

"Owwwww Arrghhh.." I winced in pain as I fell along the river bank hitting a rocky bed and my legs caught on a pointed three branch.. My back hurts... My leg hurts.. Ive got bruises across both my arms.. But I didnt let it stop me..Ive got to get going.. I need to go to Krystal.. I need to save her.. I pulled my right leg off the tree branch and damn it hurts so much.. I just hope I can still walk with an injury like this.. I ripped off the hem of my shirt and dressed the wound with it.. 

"Ohh .." I cursed as I pushed myself up and onto my feet but to only meet the ground again when the pain struck me.. Damn this leg injury would be such a pain in the ..

I let my body rest for a while till I heard grunts around.. "Eaters.." As much as it hurts, I pushed myself up again and this time, I didnt let pain put me down.. I hurriedly hid myself between the rock and the tree's big roots that looked like a small cave..

 

"Go away... Please go away." I muttered as quietly as I can but I guess the Eater smelled my blood and went to my direction. I saw its body swayed like as if it hadnt had a vertabrae to keep it straight.. It crawled onto the ground where I fell earlier and followed my scent to this place where Im hiding.. It kept reaching for me.. Trying to grab whatever part of my body it can grab onto..

I took the knife that was carefully strapped onto my waist.. " you Eater.. Die.. Die.." I said repeatedly as I stabbed the eater's head till it stopped moving.. 

For a moment, after I killed that eater, I felt safe.. till my bosy remembered all the buises and injury it had..

".. It hurts.." I said as I held my injured leg... I suddenly felt exhausted.. probably from the endless running earlier.. I felt like my whole body is beaten up.. Its so sore.. every part of me hurts.. It stings and it burns..

 

 

I probably wont get bitten but I surely will die due to blood loss..

 

 

My eyes started to get heavy as the surroundings get dark.. I fished the phone out of my pocket and put it into silent.. Cant let those eaters know where I am.. I tried calling Krystal again but just like earlier its still out of reach.. I decided to send Choiza a message, telling him Im still alive but injured.. I didnt wait for his reply as I felt my eyes slowly closed shut with a silent prayer that this hopefully wont be the end of me..

 

 

I just wish I can still live for another day.. Just one more day so I can be with Krystal....