One step closer

Against All Odds

She was sweating furiously as she shuffles under her blanket. "Tae.. Taeyeon.. Dont go.. please.." She kept on mumbling.

"Jessica.. Wake up.. Jess?" Tiffany was already by her side rocking her body, waking her up.

"Hmm?" she hummed as she slowly opened her  eyes. "Tiff.." She sat up and looked around and realized she was still inside her room she and her girlfriend shared inside their new camp.

"You were dreaming." Tiffany told her as she handed her a glass of water.

"Taeyeon. She was leaving me in my dream and I was asking her not to go." Jessica said before drinking her water.

"Where is she going?"

"She didnt say." Then Jessica fell silent but Tiffany knew she's worrying, both of them were. Yuri was also out there doing her best to get the cure they need, for their safety, for their future. So Tiffany understands whats Jessica is going through as well.

"Its just a dream Sica." Tiffany comforted her friend as she caressed her back.

"I know. Its just I can feel something's not right. We dont have any contact with them, who knows what's happening to them right now." And ofcourse, Tiffany also understands why Jessica seemed to be worrying too much, Krystal was also in the group, her only sister, her only family left and she was there sitting, waiting and praying for everything to be okay. She cant do anything but wait and hope that the two important person in her life would come back alive. All she can do is wait and she felt so helpless. Tiffany included.

"We wait Sica.. We can only wait." And Tiffany took her crying friend in her arms, praying in the gods to keep their friends safe and alive.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

"Dont you guys have, I dont know, control over this testing lab?" Taeyeon asked as the junior scientist whom she forgot the name earlier came back.

"We do, but not the main doors and windows. The testing lab is where all important document and samples are kept so once someone forced their way inside it, the whole building shuts down and there's no escape out. If only the Chief of Operations is here, then maybe we still have a chance, but he already died from the first attack." Irene explained as she checked her patience stitches. "You seem okay, no fever or anything and your eyes are still clear. No signs of turning into a zombie. Good."

"Told you Im clean." Taeyeon was more than relieved to know, the last thing she wants to happen was to turn into a zombie because it will mean that she'll not be able to come home to Jessica and she doesnt want that to happen. 

"Cant be careless, right?"

"Arent you going to untie me?" Referring to the knots around her wrists and legs, Taeyeon hoped teh doctor would untie her since the knots had been hurting her as well.

"Cant be careless, right?"

"Ohh come on.." Taeyeon whined and the junior scientist laughed. "I was just kidding."

Once Taeyeon was freed, she sat up and remembered her friend. "My group.. We have two member that has been bitten. One was now a zombie..." Taeyeon wasnt done talking when Irene butted in. "We know. Theyre the ones who breached the testing lab... Wait two? You said two?" Taeyeon nodded. "But I only saw one zombie in your group.

"The other one hasnt turned yet. And its been months since he was bitten." Taeyeon informed. At thing Irene fell silent and stared at Taeyeon, probably doubting if she was telling the truth.

"You were separated into two group," Irene said and Taeyeon confirmed it by nodding.

"The group I was in, we have the sample results of the last test our two members had went through. And the other group, they have the kid. The one I was telling you was bitten but hadnt turned." Irene only nodded at this. 

"Well, arent you going to do something about this?" Taeyeon queried.

"We need to tell this to my seniors first." Then Irene dragged Taeyeon by her collar towards the center's control room.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

"Kibum? Are you okay?" Yuri asked as they all heard a loud gun shot. The only army personnel in their group jumped down as he wants to see the footprints Jeno was talking about earlier and he had to fire his gun since one of the zombie they all thought was dead attacked him.

"Im okay. Whoever shot them probably missed one." He explained.

"So what about the footprints?" Seohyun asked.

"There's three of them. Three different footprints. One is bigger than the two."

"Three?" Jeno asked as he looked at each of the group who were all trying to see their group leader down the hall way.

"Yes three. So it couldnt have been Minhyuk."

"Do you see any exits?"

"No, its all a dead end." And before Kibum can throw a rope up the vent, one of the sealed door opened.

"Taeyeon?" He muttered as his sister hugged her. 

"Im glad youre okay Kibum."

"I am too, but can you please explain whats going on?" Kibum asked referring to the security guard and the scientist that came out of the door behind her sister.

"Long story." Taeyeon then looked up at the vent. "Jeno, guys, come down here."

"We're only one step away to the cure," Taeyeon said as she took Jeno who jumped down first into her arms. 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

"Leeteuk, we cant stay here forever." Lay was obviously panicking since out of all of them, he was a a bit of a claustrophobic and they have been inside the room for hours or it couldve been a day, they couldnt tell.

"I know Lay, but in case you forgot, we're closed in here."

The room fell silent again. God knows what each of them were thinking but one thing is for sure, theyre all praying for their own safety.

And the gods mustve been listening to them as the they heard the door being opened outside. Scared of whats behind the door, everybody readied their guns and all compressed behind Leeteuk who was clenching his gun and the attachecase in his hand.

"Missed me?"

"ing Kibum, you scared us." Everybody's head turned to look at Leeteuk, it was the first time they heard him curse and they realized just now that their leader was also scared. It was the first time Leeutek had displayed such weakness.

"What guys, Im human too. Ofcourse Im scared as for my life." And they all laughed, the first ever genuine laughed the group ever made since they left their camp.

"Now, we just need to get Amber, Krystal, and Minhyuk and the group will be complete again." Taeyeon said as soon as she entered the room.