Dirty Little Secret

Against All Odds

"Are you sure we're going the right way Yul?" Taeyeon asked for the nth time now. She's seems to worry a lot while her tanned bestfriend seems not bothered at all. Cliche. Opposites poles do attract.

"Taeyeon, for a hundredth time already. I know where we're going. Just shut up okay." Yuri irritadedly answered.

"Ahh you know, walking inside a canal is kind of not what we thought you meant by the town's ins and outs..." I stated.

"Hey, Im an architect, we study a lot of canals and things that you guys doesnt even bother to try knowing aside from building structures, so just be thankful." Yul said.

Earlier, when we went out of the apartment, we had a couple of encounters with zombies, which mostly I was the one who went for the kill, as much as possible, I dont want them to even have a close contact with those eaters. Im responsible for them, Tiffany will definitely kill me if something will happen to Yuri and Jessica wont forgive me if I wont be able to bring Taeyeon back at the apartment. I need to keep us three alive, cause even if I survive a bunch of eaters, I'll die in the hands of two girls in love and thats not exactly what I had in mind for my death.

We went inside a manhole on the alleyway we came in days ago since it was the nearest. It was the best idea to walk around the town without eaters trailing behind, wanting to rip us apart and eat us.

If only one of this canals leads to Yongsan camp, our life would be a lot better...

"So, how long have you and Krystal been together?" Taeyeon asked out of nowhere. "Just curious."

"Answer her, so she would stop bugging me, I need to concentrate which tunnels leads to which." Yuri was busy lighting the way with a weird map in hand.

"Ahh not that long, months.. So you and Jessica..." I left it hanging,not wanting to pry on something she's doesnt want to disclose.

I guess it have helped her decide since we dont have any signal underground, and the fact that Jessica wont hear anything she'll say, she started, "We started 9 years ago, we were in our senior year when we started dating secretly. At first it was okay being in the same classroom was easy, we could talk and hang out without no onw noticing that were in a relationship. But suddenly the fact that Im just her secret lover hit me square in the face when we took different courses in college. I took med, while she took Law since she's good with arguments and she came from a bloodline of politicians so its understandable that she took what her dad told her to. It was around our third year when she started dating guys openly while still in a relationship with me, I was fine with it at first cause she said it was just her front. I knew she was scared to reveal her uality so I agreed but before we enter our senior year, she broke up with me, telling me that she cant continue our years of relationship. She just left me, without giving me any reasons why...." I could feel pain in Taeyeon's words. She's really hurt and she's still in love with Jessica after all these years.

"Wow Amber, what did you do, how did you make Taeyeon talk?" Yuri joked earning a slap at the back of her head.

"Focus yul, we cant miss our turn." Taeyeon then turn back to me, continuing to the part before Yuri butted in. "So yeah, after the summer vacation, Yuri told me that Jessica and the guy who's she's currently using as a front before got engage as for their parents request, you see, that guy is the Governor's son, wealthier than me and Yuri combined. If not for his dad, he's just an obnoxious boy who's got nothing in his head but air. He's stupid, the very definition of idiocy. And Jessica chose to be with him and left me hanging with my arm still holding on to her.. One night, she came in my dorm room drunk and yeah happen, we had but we never got back together, it didnt only happened once, there were days that she'll just show up unannounce and asking me for and stupid me, I let her have her way even after we graduated. So yeah for five years I have been her ing buddy, pleasuring her to satisfy her needs.. Yuri knew all of it, I never keep secrets from her. It was only when I took my residency here that I had the courage to cut our connections and the last thing Ive heard about her was she didnt marry the guy cause he got some pregnant. I knew cause I was at their town's hospital when the bastard took the girl for a check up. I never heard about Jessica since and I never tried contacting her, cause after all these years, it still hurts.."

Wow.. Their love story is just as sad as being bitten by eaters. Very tragic. 

Taeyeon laughed, "And of all times that I tried so hard not to see her, fate made us meet each other again. Funny cause until now, I cant seem to hate her no matter how painful she had put me through. I even hated myself for not being enough for her.. And Im still in love with her, god damn it."

"Relax midget, save your fury for those zombies later." Yuri said folding the map and shoving it to her pocket. "We're here. So what do you say, lets have a bet, a deal or whatever you want to call this . If we both make this out alive, Im going to ask Tiffany to marry me and you confess to Ms. Ice Princess Sica your feelings again for the second time around without, so what do you say, call?"

"Just shut it Kwon Yuri... We have a lot of important things to think of other than my feelings.  And youre stupid you know that?"

"What? What did I do this time?"

"Youve waited for a zombie appocalypse to realize that you want to marry Tiffany? Seriously, what have you been thinking all these years?" Taeyeon said, shaking her head at Yuri who was like a fish, opening and closing unable to form a response to her friend who just questioned her intelligence.

"Dont worry, we'll make sure we'll make it out alive. Just try to be silent and move closer to me. I dont want your girls to kill me or anything."

"Just dont tell Jessica anything that I said, will you? Just keep it as our secret. Our dirty little secret" I nodded. Im not the type who kiss and tell. And besides, Secrecy is what we've learned best in the army.