Right

Against All Odds

"Oh my god.. Oh my god.. Yuriiiiiiiiiiii..." Everyone's head turned to Tiffany as her voice echoed around the room then to the window where someone who's covered with what seemed like dirt was standing. Jessica who have locked herself inside the room came out and wiped her tears dry.

"Ohh my god babe? What happened to you?" Tiffany said as she help the said girl to climb inside.

"There were a lot of zombies, we were surrounded and I threw the grenade so yeah, we ended up like this.." Yuri answered as soon she was pulled inside while her girlfriend trying to brush off some dirt on her head.

"Amber.. Are you alright?" Krystal helped her girlfriend, taking the bag on her hand and handed it to Jeno.

"Yeah I think so..Just my ears.. I think Im deaf." Amber joked and dramatically shoved her pinky in her ears to make er acting more believable.

"W-where's Taeyeon?" Jessica stuttered, feeling more nervous now when Yuri fell silent and looked at Amber. The older Jung felt her heart break when no one answered. "W-where's Taeyeon?" She asked again, feeling her eyes starting to tear up again.

"Yah... Some help here.. Oh god never mind.. Ayahhh." Everyone's attention turned to the shot girl whose face is now intimately making out with the floor. "Now I need help.." Amber and Yuri came to her aid, pulling her up.

"Seriou--- ehh what happened?" Unsure of what to say, Tayeon settled to ask since she dont know why a certain brown-haired girl was hugging her.. The said girl started to sob in her arms and Taeyeon looked at everyone who was as clueless as her.. She cleared . "Did something terrible happened?" She rephrased, tying to hide the blush on her face and hoping that her ex-girlfriend wont know the effect of the hug was doing to her.

"I thought youre dead.. i thought you died." Jessica said in between her sobs.

"Its okay.. I didnt die..Im alive you see? Hurt but alive." Taeyoen replied, not making anything awkward around them, she huged back. She somehow felt the other girl have been so worried about her and it made her heart flutter. "Im okay.. oww..Oww.." Taeyeon hissed when she felt her wound in her right arm stung in pain.

"Soooo..." Yuri chimed, "I guess we need to take care of that wound Midget, before you get infections... *cough*in the heart*cough*" Yuri continued but was silenced when the short girl shot her a deadly glare.

"I guess Taeyon need to shower first, so we can apply some first aid on her." Amber said making Jessica and tayeon broke up the hug.


"Ahh yeah right.." Both Jessica and Taeyeon said at the same time making the rest smile knowingly.

 

 

"I'll do it Amber.." The short haired girl truned to the door and saw Jessica standing there with hands hidden behind her back, for a second there,Amber though Jessica was cute when she's shy. "Go shower so we all can leava soon as everyone's ready. Theyre almost done with packing some foods to bring on the road."

Amber only nodded and handed her the medicine kit. Jessica close the door and sat on the bed, waiting for the injured girl to come out.

Thinking that it'll be Amber who's going to take care of her wound, Taeyeon was surprised to see her ex-girflriend on the bed waiting for her.

"Ahh, where's Amber?"

"She went for the shower."

Shrugging off the awkward ambiance, Taeyeon walked to the bed and sat beside Jessica and stretched her arms, showing off the long cut across it.

"What happened?" Jessica asked, taking out some betadine and gauges.

"We took the truck near the police station but we were surrounded by a lot of zombiyes.. Ouch that hurts." Taeyeon hissed at the pain, her face contorted but was soon softened when she saw Jessica leaned in and blew air on it. She suddenly forgot about the pain and stared at the girl.

Feeling the intense eyes on her, Jessica raised her head and met Taeyeon's gaze. The latter felt embarrassed for taking too long on feasting her eyes with the other girl's features, she looked away and cleared and continued on her story. "So Yuri had this crazy idea and used the grenade and accidentally threw it a little bit where I am, so when it exploded I was thrown away and I hit a wrecked car. So yeah, thats how I got wounded."

It was her turn to ask, "Why.. Why did you hugged me earlier?"

Jessica stopped putting on the bandage and stared at her ex-girlfriend. She saw Taeyeon blush and it made her happy inside and without thinking, she closed their gap and kissed Taeyeon. "Because no matter what happened in the past, I still care for you. Even if you dont believe me." 

Taeyeon doesnt want to make any other meaning out of Jessica's action. They have been in that kind of situation for a thousand times before and today was no difference. Jessica always do what she wants and always gets away with it, whenever theyre alone, just like now.

"Right." That was all Taeyeon could mutter.

"I know you hate me.. You have all the right to be. Ive been a and I know that Ive been terrible towards you. But I do care for you Taeyeon, after all, we've been friends first before eveything happened." Taeyeon only nodded and let Jessica talk. It felt nice for the short girl to hear the latter's voice again after years of not contacting each other. It just made her miss the girl more.

Jessica tried so hard to keepher words limited. She doesnt want to offent Taeyeon or anger her for saying things she's not supposed to, so she picked her words carefully.

Not having a real closure between them after everything that has happened, it made them really awkward with each other. Jessica, out of her pride, didnt bother to look for Taeyeon after she left their town and Taeyeon was, she stood her ground when she had decided to leave Jessica and finally cut their connections for good.

"Done.." Jessica happily exclaimed,clapping her hands.

"Wow, you remember what I taught you.. Im impressed." Taeyeon said, examining her bandage.

"Ofcourse, Im a good student and you were a great teacher."

Jessica stood up and was about to leave the room to see if everyone is ready but was stopped when she felt Taeyeon's hand on hers. "Thank you.. And if were going to be in the same group, I think we need to atleast act accordingly towards each other. Im sorry for talking that way to you, It was an of me to do, but hey, you cant blame me right? It was your fault." Taeyeon beemed a smile, not wanting to fail on acting cool in front of her ex-girlfriend.

"I know.." Jessica said and the next thing she did made both their heart melt. Jessica just hugged Taeyeon, the latter's face on her tummy. Taeyon hugged back. Admitting to herself that she did missed the girl so much and having Jessica in her arms again just feel so right. But ofcourse, she was way too hurt to even think that they could start again because Jessica kissed her and they hugged. It doesnt work that way and she knows that. There's still some issues that needs to be taken care of. It just so happens that when she was in the midst of the zombies and was thrown by the explosion was she able to realize that she cant live with bitterness and self-blaming for the rest of her life if she was about to survive that one which she just did and have decided to try patching things up with Jessica.

Jessica, likewise, was not hoping for more, for them to come back to the way they were before neither get back together. She's just happy to have her friend back... and maybe next time.. if Taeyeon permitted it, they could start over again, cause after all.. Her feeling for the Midget never died nor faltered even after years of not seeing each other, the distance and absence of the girl just made her missed her more. She hated that she was coward and was stupid to even think that could please everyone but what has happened, already happened and its in the past now and all she could do, was rebuild their friendship first and probably in time, things will fall on their rightful places again. 

"So, I can call you Tae again?"

"Only if you let me call you Jessicat.." The two then laughed, more relieved and more at ease now than before..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Cause Taengsic had their come back on their Marchen Fantacy concert.. LOL