Cant be..

Against All Odds

"Sir.. We cant control the number of zombies in front of the gate.. Theyre quite a lot now.. And if we dont use guns, were afraid that the gate will soon give up.. Its not really that strong sir."  One of my dad's men informed us. We were currently having lunch when the man came in.

"Okay.. Let me take a look of the situation first. But in case, prepare your guns." My dad said, finishing up the last spoon of his food before wiping his mouth with a napkin and stood up.

"Close the windows and tell everyone to cover their ears." My dad said before he went out together with his bodyguard.

"I lost my appetite. Sorry." My sister stood up and went out leaving me and my mom.

"I guess we need to tell everyone."

"I feel sorry for those zombies mommy.." I said as I helped her cleaning the table.

"We can do nothing about that Krystal.. Its either we die, or we kill them. I hate the idea of doing that, but we had no other choice" I could feel the sadness in my mom's voice. Ofcourse, she's the town's mother. And she knows everyone in the town and if someone would really feel sorry about killing those people, it would be her. She's close to everyone in the town and she treats them as family.

 

 

"Close all the curtains and cover your ears.. My dad is planning to use gun in killing those zombies outside. We dont want you to hear it cause we know some of you have families who have been..."  I was cut off when one girl around her 30 stood up and said, "What? Thats insane. Youre going to slaughter everyone of them?"

"We had no choice.. We need to keep safe and alive and with those zombies gathering infront of the gate, we're afraid that the gate wont be able to hold them up."

"If you have  semething against it, why dont you go out and let yourself be bitten and be one like them, Im sure that will work for you." I heard Dara said behind me.

"Thanks." I muttered.

"Just do what she told you, her dad is working hard to protect us here and the least we could do is try helping him by doing what we're told." Dara continued. The girl who interrupted me earlier shut and sit back.

"I know you hate the idea of killing them, I do too. I knew them just like you. But if we're going to risk our lives just because we pitied them, I'd rather have them killed than to turn just like them. Im sure no one wants to end up a zombie right?" No one said anything.

I nodded my head as two guys stood up and closed the curtains. The others covered their ears and some covered their kids ears. those who were young to even understand what was going on.

 

"Dad.. We're good now.. Are you really going to fire guns at them?"

I yelled to my dad who was just walking towards the house. I saw him nodded. I saw his men prepared themselves and and pointed their guns to the zombies. 

They started firing and my shoulders jerked up with every sound of the gun firing its bullet. I saw how every zombies fell one by one after they got hit. One by one, they fell on the ground, some fell over those already dead zombies. I gritted my teeth at the sight. I was about to go inside when Dad was almost infront of me, but something caught my attention.

Among those zombies, there's one specific figure that I can recognize no matter how crowded the place is. Suited with a camouflage uniform, short black hair, gun strapped across its chest....

 

"No.. No..Dont fire.. No.. Dad.. Make them stop.. Make them stop." I said while running towards the gate but Dad ran after me and hold me to stop. I tried to struggle off him but Dad was stronger.

"Krystal, baby.."

"Dad.. Amber's there.. Tell them to stop. Make them stop."

"Amber..." I started sobbing and I let my body fell to the ground when the suited soldier's body fell along with those zombies.

"Amber.. No... No.. You cant be dead."