Worry

Against All Odds

"Lets stop here." Amber stated, pulling over the side walk till the truck came into a halt.

The group has been driving the whole day and its already 10 in the evening, as what the wristwatch says, when Amber felt sleepy.

"You sure you dont want me or Yuri to drive? You know so you can rest without us needing to stop." Taeyoen queried as they opened the door.

"I'd rather not. I dont want anything to happen while Im asleep."

"Eaters are still out there even after you sleep Amber." Yuri cooed. She wants to reach Gyonsangnam-do as soon as they can cause the longer they stay on the road, the slimmer their chance to survive. She was worrying if their food can last till then end of their journey. Cause to be honest, she doesnt want to make stopover a 24-hour shop full of zombies.

"I know, but wouldnt it be better if we alll could get a rest so if something might happen tomorrow we all have the strength to fight?"

Amber has a point so everyone agreed. Squeezed inside the truck, Tiffany and Yuri laying face to face hugging each other; Taeyeon and Jessica layed on their back with a gap in between them where theyre hands were intertwined: Jeno and Dara layed back facing each other; and Krystal and Amber layed nearest to the door.

There's some uneasiness in the air, everyone can feel it. All were sleepy but cant make themselves sleep. Eyes were closed but ears are perking up whenever they hear even a slightest sound outside.

"I cant do this. I cant sleep." Yuri blurted out and Tiffany seconded, "Neither do I."

"I know you feel not safe laying like this in the middle of nowhere but trust me, you'd rather stay here like this than be out there at this hour." Amber said, leaning her back on the door as she sat up.

"Atleast there's someone who finds the truck cozy."

"Shut it Kwon Yuri."

"Im not even talking about you two Midget. Geez.." Krystal and Tiffany laughed at that. "Im talking about Dara and Jeno."

"Ohh." Embarrassed, Taeyeon sat up, still not letting go of Jessica's hands. "Do you think how long will take us to reach Gyeonsangnam-do Amber?" Taeyeon continued, trying to divert everyone's attention somewere else.

"Hopeless midget." Yuri said in between coughs teasing her friend. Amber chuckled.

"Yuri if you wont shut up Im going to kill you I swear."

"Whatever." 

Amber find herslef being comfortable around the group though they have different characters and personalities they get along pretty well.

"Baby, what are you thinking?" Krystal asked as she reached over Amber's legs and carressed it. The short haired Army Personnel felt electricity ran along her veins at the contact. It has been so long since the last time they have shared a moment and suddenly she cant help not to think erratically as Krystal dragged her palms along Amber's clothed legs. 

"Baby?" Krystal asked more louder now that finally caught Amber's attention. "Err what?"

"Where did you go?" Krystal held out her hand which her girlfiend took and squeezed. "Im right here."

 

 

The nights had been short and the days have been long. Theyve been out on the road for three days now, draining some vehicles off their gas and raiding a 24-hour store full of zombies, much to Yuri's dismay.

Dara, Jessica and Tiffany starts using the gun too, more braver now and their aim is getting better too than the first time back in Yuri and Taeyeon's apartment.

 

"Baby, I got your back." Krystal confindently stated winking at her girlfriend who knocked at the store's door and waited for the zombies to come out. 

Standing accross Amber was Jeno clenching hard on a baseball bat they took from one of the cars they have came across the other day.

Amber and the rest of the group tried as much as possible to not use their gun to not attract more of the zombie's attention and for the past three days it had been effective and it got them through each day.

"Here they comes." Amber announce readying herself with a sledge hammer that they took from one of the hard ware stores they have come across just yesterday.

Not far from them, the rest of the group was watching and getting ready themselves if something might went wrong with guns on their hand aiming in front.

"Weve got some visitors." Yuri said nudging Taeyeon who took the pitchfork from her side and stabbed it through the ezter's head.

"Another one,behind you." Before Taeyeon can turn around, the zombie fell on the ground with a pointed wooden stake darted on its head.

"Thanks." Taeyeon muttered, cheeks were little flushed as she saw who save her .

"Thought you guys need some help." Jessica said and tucked some of Taeyeon's hairstrands on her ears. That made teh midget's heart skipped a beat and didnt left unnoticed by Yuri's very observing eyes.

"Ohh please dont here out in the open."

"Oh you shut up." Taeyeon pretended to hit Yuri's head and the tan girl ducked her hean and took a step back.

Tiffany and Dara was inside the truck, their duty was to drive the truck once everyone was inside the back of the vehicle.

"Were still lucky that were still alive right now." Dara chimed amking Tiffany show her eyes smile.

"Everyone's doing everything so we can survive this." Tiffany answeed throwing her lover a glance.

Back at the store, Jeno was whipping his baseball bat, taking down a couple of zombies which Amber would strike the sledge hammer to its head.

"Amber..Amber.." Krystal's voice was i panick but in a very minimal range as if trying not to make more noise than she's already doing.

Throwing a glance, Amber saw a zombie hovering on top of Krystal, trying to take a bite of her girlfriend. Krystal was pushing the eater's jaw away from her with all her strength. Jeno mustve not noticed that one.

"Get ing off my girlfriend." Amber angrily said, kicking the zombie off Krystal and with all her might whipped the sledge hammer to the zombie's head making its brain spattered on the ground.

"Krystal are you okay?" Amber asked worriedly, truning Krystal around, scanning her whole body for bite marks or wound or anything.

"Baby, Im fine.. Im okay now.."

"Are you sure? Are you clean? No bites? Baby let me look at you perfectly." Amber's voice broke, just showed how worried she was for the younger girl.

Krystal cupped Amber's cheeks and hold it in place just right in front of her face. "Im fine Amber.. Im okay. The only mark I'd have in my body is yours.. Only yours.. Okay? So stop worrying now." Krystal said before crashing her lips to her girlfriend, kissing her worry away.

"Guys I totally get that you love each other but now isnt the right time to make out." Jeno said making the couple break away from each other.

Amber cleared . "Yeah.. Sorry Jeno.. Where were we again?"

"Eaters Amber.. Focus." Jeno tilted his head inside the store and shook his head at how funny Amber was at the moment, all red and flushed on the face.

"Amber wont let anthing happen to her Sica, so stop worrying that much. She's in good hands." Taeyeon said massaging Jessica's shoulders, easing her tensioned muscle there.

"Im more worried about Amber biting my sister than the zombies to be honest." Jessica muttered making Taeyeon and Yuri laughed at how ridiculous yet cute she looked at the moment, puffing her cheeks while her lips were in a pout.