Reminders

Against All Odds

"Got all you need guys?" I asked them as I put my pistol on my gunstrap before throwing the bagstrap over my shoulder.

"Almost." I heard them answered. Krystal walked up to me and hold my wrist. "Baby please, you dont have to do this. You dont need to do this." She reasoned out.

"It could be our only chance." I told her firmly as I kissed her forehead."I'll come back..I promise." I told her. She still didnt want to let go of my hand. I know she's worrying about me and the rst of the ang but it could be the last hope we had. This could make everything okay and this could help us get back our lives. So Im taking the risks. Im going to do this for Krystal.

Earlier, we had break through a police station and took all the remaining fire power they have there and were lucky that they have a bunch of it from radios, grenades, pistols and machine guns. We're loaded, so Im sure we'll make it out alive and besides if what Seung Hyun says was right, there'll be only a couple of zombies inside the lab since a lot of them followed them outside.

"Im ready Hyung."

"Me too."

"So do I." 

The group has decided that me, Jeno, Taeyeon and Seunghyun will go, luckily the guy knows how to use a gun and he's actually good at it too, while Eric and Sam will stay in the truck with the rest of the gang. Eric wanted to go but Im more at ease if he'll be with Krystal while Im away. Im sure he wont let anything bad happen to the girls so I dont have to worry much.

"Yah Midget, watch your out there okay?" Yuri said as she enveloped her bestfriend in her arms. "Im sure Ice Princess Jessica over there would kill you if you get yourself hurt out there."

"Just follow Amber's instruction, it'll save your sorry ." Tiffany seconded.

I saw Taeyeon walk over to a pouting Jessica, obviously trying so hard not to look worried.

"You know I got to do this right? Im the only medic we have and I need to go with Amber while you, you stay here safe and make everyone safe till we come back. I lo..." I smiled as I saw Jessica covered Taeyeon's mouth, preventing her to speak more. "Dont. tell it after this. Just stay alive and dont let them bite you." After Jessica released her, she placed a long lingering kiss on Taeyeon's open mouth.

"Yah Amber.. Keep my TaeTae safe, we're not yet back together so keep her alive.. Okay? Or I'll kill you myself." I nodded and gave Jessica a thumbs up.

My attention turned back to Krystal again. "Jeno, watch over this stupid soldier okay. You know what she's like now. She's stubborn and hard headed so if there's something dangerous she wants to do, just kick her for me. Okay?" Jeno laughed but nodded nonetheless..

"You know I dont need a baby sitter Krys.." I whined at her and she cupped my cheeks.

"I know. I just want to be sure that you'll come back to me alive, no wounds, no bites.."

"You know I will Krys.. You know I will." I replied as I pulled her by her waist and kissed her passionately. Her hands pulling my face closer, telling me to deepen the kiss which I obeyed, darting my tongue inside.

"I love you.. I love you so much." I told her. I just want to let her know that.. She smiled at me and carressed my cheeks.  "I love you more."

"I'll kill you if you let something bad happen to you Amber, remind yourself that."

"Yes Maam." I did a salute to her and it earned me a shove over my shoulder. "Just be very careful okay?" I nodded again. "We're going now."

"Lets go guys." I told them and we went to Eric's car which we will use to go nearer the hospital.

"Damn all these love in the air." I heard Sam said as he looked at Dara's way. "Dont even think about it."

We all laughed as we heard Dara's retort. We could use a lot of happiness and love right now cause later would all be bloody for us.

"Radio us when something came up. As much as we want to talk to you, the talkies can only give you out to the zombies, be careful Amber and I'll kill you myself if you let yourself or anyone get bitten." Eric reminded as he walk us to the car.

"Whats with everyone threatening to kill me?"

"Amber!."

"Yes Dad." I joked and he hit my arm. "Im serious."

"I'd give my life for them if I could, you know that right?" Eric glared at me. "But ofcourse there's a lot of ways to keep them alive and dying isnt one of my option." I assured him. "I dont want to be killed thrice."

"Just be careful, we're just out here. Tell us if something bad happen, we'll be ready to run down the place if we need to."

"The only thing I would want you to do is keep Krystal and the rest of the gang safe. You here me Eric?'

"Loud and clear."

"Good. we'll get going now." I shouted it so Krystal and the rest of the gang with hear us.

Somehow, it felt different than our other escapades to the 24-hour store or boutiques..

Cause maybe now, its not just food and clothes were going to get but the cure.. The cure that could change all this back to normal...