Help

Against All Odds

Krystal groaned, rolling onto her back only to lay again on her chest, hissing in pain the moment her back came in contact to the bed.

"Bed?" She thought, she opened her eyes and she found herself inside a very cozy bedroom with Jessica laying on a couch near her.

"Where am I?" She suddenly remember what happened, she got shot.. "Amber, where is Amber?" Jessica heard the rustling of the bed and instantly came to Krystal's aid and made her lay on the bed again. Thinking what her sister was worrying about, Jessica said, "Amber is okay. She's with Jeno. You should be more worried about yourself, you know." Jessica smiled a bit as she flicked her younger sister's head, making the younger girl frown a bit.

"Did I made you worried?" Jessica nodded. "Im sorry."

Jessica smiled again and this time, it was warmer, brighter. "Its okay. Youre alive. You didnt left me, so its okay. Just dont jump and catch a bullet for someone."

"But Amber is not just someone else Unnie."

"I know, but I dont think Amber would like to know youre risking your life for her."

"I know, but thats the only way I can keep her or whatever it is thats left of her alive." There was silence after, and it was Krystal who broke the ice, "How long was I out?"

"Three days, We thought were going to lose you, but luckily none of your internal organs were damage. Youre still lucky, you know that?" Krystal smiled as her sister patted her head. "Taeyeon had a problem taking out the bullet out of you."

"Tell Taeyeon Unnie thank you."

"Its no problem." Taeyeon's head popped out of the opened door. "Good morning." She pushed herself inside the room and kissed Jessica on top of her head.

"Its good to finally see you awake baby Jung." Krystal smiled, she likes to see her sister happy like this and although she's sad about her and Amber, there's no way she would feel bad about her sister's relationship, not when she's seeing her happy like this.

"Its good to see you two finally together, officially, again." That shut Taeyeon up and made Jessica blushed. It was the first time Krystal really congratulated her sister for her relationship since she was busy mourning about Amber. Its already a month now that they got back together, and Krystal was really happy about it since she never really did see her sister happy with anyone she was with. It was different from the spark in Jessica's eyes everytime she looks at Taeyeon and Krystal knew, it was the same spark she has everytime she looks at Amber too. She and Jessica is definitely in love and its all mutual cause Amber and Taeyeon loves them just as much.

"Well, took us long, did we? Imagine, we waited for a zombie apocalypse to finally get back together." Taeyeon joked, her hands caressing Jessica's arms.

"Imagine the tales we'll tell our grand children if all this ends." Jessica joined it, squeezing her girlfriend's hands. "We surpassed zombie apocalypse and your grandmother and I stood still." Taeyeon remarked, making Krystal laughed a bit but worries sunk in again when Krystal grunted in pain. "You okay baby Jung?" Taeyeon asked as she examined her.

Krystal shook her head. "My back hurts."

"I should probably get you more pain reliever, I'll leave you two alone for a while okay?" Jessica and Krystal both nodded their heads and once the smaller girl went out of their sight, Krystal opened a new topic for her and her sister to talk about.

"Where are we?"

"Remember the ones who held us captive that night? Yes, this is their camp. Turns out, theyre not that bad as they look like. They were just trying to survive, just like us, and in order to do that they needed to be cold blooded fighters. They have families that they want to protect, just like us."

"This apocalypse made all good people bad."

"Seems like it. Their leader Leetuk helped us, they took us in and even asked for forgiveness for shooting at us, at Amber. He believed us when we told him that Jeno has been bitten but he didnt turned and that we have something that can be the cure for this outbreak and that we're willing to share it to them in exchange that theyre not going to kill Amber. They agreed and since we know the testing lab and they have the fire power, they offered to help us. And also one of them is a biochemical Engineer, he'll be a lot of help, Leetuk said.It'll be easier if we could get all the help we need, right? So there you go, Ive summarized everything that Leetuk and Kibum had talked about for the last three days."

"When are we going to leave?"

"Oh no no no.. Youre not coming with us?"

"Why not?"

"Because I dont want my younger siste jumping in front of bullets again. And thats final."

"But Unnie.. Im going wherever Amber is going. I wont leave her side, I promised her that."

Jessica wanted to say more but seeing that desperate look on her eyes, just like before, Jessica gave in sighing in defeat. "I'll try to talk to Kibum about this. But dont get your hopes up, okay?"

Krystal smiled, ofcourse, she knew that when her sister says 'try' it also means 'Fine, you always get whatever you want anyways.'