Complications

Against All Odds

"Can you get over it Tae.. And will you please stop spreading it like I was only in it for . God Tae.." Jessica said as she brushed her hair with her fingers.

"Dont you dare call me that..You lost that right when you chose that obnoxious guy over me." Taeyeon said pointing her finger at Jessica which Yuri was tryng to put down, trying to calm her friend. "Midget, please lets not be so harsh with our visitors. Its not like everyday we see a breathing human being who doesnt want to rip our bodies in half and eat us. Please lets all be rational around here."

"Yah, Kim Taeyeon. How dare you point your finger at me."

"Oh as if you never liked my finger on you. Isnt it the main reason why you keep coming back to me?" Kim Taeyeon spat out before being dragged by her two friends inside a room. I was the one being embarrassed here. Oh sure everyone has a dark side, a bad personality but never have I imagined Jessica to be... wild?

I instantly covered Jeno's ears. He doesnt need to hear every adult thing. He's just 13 for heaven's sake.

" it Taeyeon. That's exactly the reason why I broke up with you in the first place. Youre always comparing things with . I cant even talk to you seriously."

"Ohh isnt that what you like best about me?"

"Ohh sorry about that.. My friend is obviously still hurt and not over our Ice Princess over here. Well I cant blame her since she's been really really bad towards our Midget. Anyways. Are you hungry?" Yuri asked as she made her way to their little kitchen and her girlfriend followed. "Who wants coffee?"

"Can I have one? You have milk? This little boy needs one." I said patting Jeno's head.

"So earlier you were suprised to see Taeyeon.. You know her too?" 

Before I nodeed, I hear Jessica huffed and told her sister that those issues were way back her college days so no wonder why Krystal know nothing about it.

"I wont say anymore." Taeyeon walked towards the couple and fixed herself her own breakfast.

"So you knew me?" The midget asked before lifter her glass to her lip. Tiffany handed me and Jeno our drinks and Yuri gave out sandwiches to the siblings and Dara.

"Ayo Jungsis, why dont you guys have a seat?" I heard Yuri said. I told Jeno to go and seat with the rest while I talk to Taeyeon.

"Ahh youre Sageant Kim Kibum's sister right?" I asked her, too bad I dont have the picture he gave me, I left it back at Krystal's house. 

"You know my brother? Are you in the army?"

"Corporal Amber Liu." I extended my hand to her and she took it. "Dr. Kim Taeyeon."

"Your brother asked me to save you in case I saw you around Jessica's town. Its good to know your safe, Im sure your brother will be happy to know too."

"How come that idiot hasnt called me till now?"

"Its because you just changed number after he went for the mission, midget." Yuri reminded Taeyeon who only stuck her tongue out.

"Where is he now?" Taeyeon sat on the tall wooden chair and offered the other one for me to sit in.

"He's back at the camp and theyre probably waiting for me. Oh .. that reminds me, I need to call them." I went to Krystal and took the phone from her pocket.They were in the middle of a conversation and the midget was still their topic.

"God Unnie..I cant believe you like girls.." Krystal said, still amused about the new information she learned about her sister.

"She's bi actually, since she likes boys too." Tiffany said.

"She's not a bi. She just like playing with people's feelings." Taeyeon butted in making Jessica barked at her. "I never played people's feelings Kim Taeyeon."

"Oh yeah? How do you call what you did to me huh?" Taeyeon asked that finally made Jessica shut up.

Ohh god this two sure has a very complicated past. I mentally said, shaking my head.

"Yeah Pfc Choiza. Its me.. Yeah.. Yeah..Im alive. Where's Sgt Kim? I found his sister in Jeongju town. Yeah she's with me now. Ahuh.Okay. I'll tell her. Be safe. Thanks."

"Your brother is safe but he's busy with planning how to make the camp more stronger since the zombies have gathered just outside the camp and theyre number is increasing, unbelievably fast too. Lets just call them again later." I told Taeyeon who just nodded.

"So what happened here aside from zombies lurking outside your building?" I started, wanting to know how they survived all those days inside their small apartment."

Not surprisingly, it was Yuri who answered. "Oh well, Tiffany and I were hanging out that New Year's morning, and Taeyeon just got home from her duty in Jungmeokdo Hospital when everything happened, it was so fast and weve seen everything happened outside. It was like an epidemic disease, spreading within seconds. Everyone we know was bitten and turned into, yeah a zombie.."

Taeyon followed,still holding her cup of coffee, our heads turned to her. "For days it was all screams, gunshots and more screaming. We havent tried to go out there cause we're all scared. What can a doctor, an architect and a music teacher do in a city surrounded by zombies.. So yeah. we stayed inside, its a good thing that those two have a grocery store inside their room so we're able to survive. Up until now, our stocks havent even lessen since neither of us eats a lot."

"We havent really got a good sleep for days, till now. We took shifts to keep an eye outside, just incase a zombie would walk pass our door or just in case something bad happen, one of us will know. We waited for help, but no one came. So for days, youre the first people we've came contact with." Tiffany said, smiling warmly at us. I could feel theyre telling the truth, sadness were so evident with their stories.

"So what happened back at Jungmeokdo, why are you guys here?" I felt Krystal stiffened, I took her hand in mine and squeezed it. Jessica stood up and went to the window.

"We were all at the Jung's house. It was safe there till this morning when a stupid driver broke the wall down, making it accessible for the zombies.. So yeah..I think we're the one's who survived. We're supposed to go to the camp but the bridge was blocked so we decided to take this route but its blocked by zombies.. so yeah.. " I swear I could see concern in Teayeon's eyes when she glanced at the older Jung's direction.

"Im sorry." Yuri said getting the message.

"Its okay, Im sure we all lost our family members." They nodded and everyone fell silent and focused on the food and drink in our hands.