Omen

Against All Odds

"So what are going to do now?" Krystal asked Minhyuk as she finished tying Amber up on a swivel chair.

"I dont know Its not like one of us knows what we're supposed to do arround here." Minhyuk scanned the whole laboratory. There's no sign of life around which is a good sign; it means theyre safe, for now.

There were a lot of different varieties of testubes and cylinders which Minhyuk doesnt dare to look at or will never try finding out. God knows what's inside those containers. He never did like his science classes so being inside a humongous science lab, it gives him goosebumps.

Krystal, on the other hand, marched towards the nearest cabinet to her and took out some syringe. 

"What are you doing?" Minhyuk asked her, holding her by her wrist.

"Im going to get some samples." Krystal answered as she resumed to her plan while Minhyuk watched her as she carefully pierced Amber's pale skin with the syrnge. "Im no scientist but Ive done taking blood samples at school." She explained, excreting some of Amber's blood which was now nowhere near red into a microscopic slide.

After placing the slide under the microscope, Krystal used another syringe and did the same to her, only this time she didnt put it in a slide. 

Minhyuk just watched her do whatever she wanted to do as he again walk around the lab to see if there's any possible exits or entances other than the door that was now blocked with tons of cement wall.

"Choi Seunghyun was right."

"Huh?" Minhyuk walked back to where Krystal was sitting and tried to look in the microscope but all he saw was lots of black circles and reddish black particles, other than that, he didnt see much.

"This PNV12 is indeed viral and parasitic, and we're all infected. Being bitten by a much worse infected one, it wakes up the inactive viruses and these viruses will eventually spreads out and kills the other living blood cells,. So thats how people became zombified." Krystal blurted out to much of Minhyuk's confusion. He had no idead what the girl was talking about so he just stood there and stared at Krystal's face.

"We need Jeno." Krystal exclaimed as she held onto Minhyuk's shoulders. "We need his blood and the results from the last experiment."

"But Krystal, as you can see, we're trapped here. And we have no idea where Jeno is and also Leeteuk has the lab results. Have you forgotten that the group was seperated into two? Jeno was with Kibum and the files are with Leeteuk." He explained further but that fact doesnt seem to worry Krystal much, not when she knows that there's a big chance that that theyre really just a step away from the cure, they just need to gather Amber, Jeno and the files together inside the room.

 

 

 

 


 

 

"Kibum, we need to do something. We cant stay locked in here forever." Yuri reasoned out. Theyve been inside the room half an hour now and they all tried opening the door but it was no use since there's a thick cemented wall behind it.

"There's a vent up here..." Seohyun was the one who found it first and Jeno helped her push aside the rack that was blocking the vent from their view.

"But it look so small."  Sooyoung took notice. 

"I think we can all fit in there, we're not the big type anyway." Yuri butted in.

"But to where does it lead, we do not know." Seohyun said as they all stared at the hollow vent.

"Its the ony way we can get out of here, besides, its way up in the ceiling so chances of meeting a zombie in there is very unlikely." Jeno never fails to amaze Kibum, that at his very young age, he seemed to have a mature mentality.

"Okay, lets start making stairs people." Kibum instructed.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Back at the Campsite..

 

"Jessica? Are you okay?" Tiffany worriedly asked as the glass in Jessica's hands accidently slipped off and fell on the floor; loud shattering sound was what caught Tiffany's attention from the window.

"Its just the glass, it fell off my hands." Jessica answered dreadfully, worry was evident in her face as image of Taeyeon dead suddenly occupied her mind.

The two women, who had been worrying over their brave girlfriends, can only pray for their safety and wishing that they'll be able to come back alive and in one piece with the cure on their hands; but what does breaking of a glass means? Tiffany and Jessica knows it was a bad omen but they pried the feeling off. They dont think they can worry more than they already did.

"Its just a glass Jessica.. Its just a glass." Tiffany reassured her friend as they picked the broken pieces together.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Taeyeon ran as fast as she could; trying to sneak in every cement wall that was closing in and blocking her way. But her luck has ran out as she found herself trapped in between thick cement walls and three zombies.

"Damn it." She gripped her gun tightly as she raised it to the walking dead. Bang. One body down and two were still heading towards her. Another gun fire and she managed to hit another by his face. One more zombie and Taeyeon pointed her gun to it and she was about to pull the trigger when the zombie fell on the ground right after she heard a gun shot, Taeyeon knew wasnt hers.

"What the?!" She exclaimed before spinning around only to meet the hard base of a gun.

"Jessica.." Taeyeon muttered before she lose her conciousness.