Act of Valor

Against All Odds

"What? Choiza, youve got to be kidding me, I have survivors here, cant you guys wait till we arrive? What? Thats a thousand kilometers away from here. . Where's Sgt Kim. Yes sir. She's fine sir. with the orders sir. Ive got people in my hands and one of them is your sister. Cant you atleast hold on for a day? it. Sorry sir. Yes. I will try sir. I will try."

"What is it baby?" Krystal said as she massaged the back of my neck, easing me down.

"A rescue team will come at Yongsan camp today and they will try to move the civilians to a safer place somewhere in Gyeonsangnam-do." I said as I sat myself to the kitchen counter. "We need to leave now if we want to come with them,but how? We dont have enough fire arms. Our car is stranded in the middle of the town surrounded by eaters and our group number is.. I wont be able to look after all of you if we go out there."

"There's a police station couple of blocks away from here but we need to cross the street to do that." Taeyeon said, taking a glass of water from the fridge. "If you need fire arms, Im sure they got something there."

"I'll come with you if you need someone who knows the towns ins and outs." Yuri butted in. "I practically live my whole life here." 

"Right, then we can just take some van or truck on our way back."

"But babe..You dont have to act brave.." Tiffany said gripping her girlfriend's wrist.

"Its okay babe. We cant stay here forever, we need to atleast try to do something to live. If the safest place today is Gyeonsangnam-do, then dont you think we need to go there? And beside we cant depend everything on Ms. Army here." Yuri said, pulling her worried girlfriend into her arms.

"Dont we have any other choice baby, without risking anyone's life?"

I shook my head. "Everything is a risk baby and we need to take it." I said, reaching over her hand. 

"I'll tag along. I cant let my bestfriend do something stupid and besides it'll lessen Tiffany's worries with me there.." Taeyeon said glancing over to Jessica.

I saw Jessica's eyes glitter with worry as she heard Taeyeon volunteering herself but she just looked away. Seriously, I can sense that these two isnt still over each other. Im pretty much sure that they still have feeling for each other.

"Im in too." I heard Jeno said but I shook my head at him.

"No Jeno.." Jeno was about to refuse so I continued, "I need you here to keep the girls safe." He gave in and nodded.

"So when do we move?" Yuri confidently asked.

"Now."

 

 

 

 

"Okay, go in conference so we will know whatever's happening with you guys out there." Tiffany, Yuri, Taeyeon and me was holding a phone in our hands. It was Krystal's idea to use it for our communication so the rest that will stay in the apartment will know where we are and what are we doing. Tiffany seconded the idea since that way she wont worry a lot about her bestfriend and girlfriend.

 

"Am..Baby.. Be safe out there, okay and come back alive or Im going to kill you if you die. Understand?" Krystal said pulling my colar towards her.

"Yes maam." I smiled at her before leaning in for a kiss. That might be the last kiss I'll get which I hope not.

Yuri and Tiffany was almost making out by the looks of it, the tanned girls hand were groping her girlfriends . We all could hear Tiffany .

"Oh Please you two, stop making out, will you." Taeyeon said pushing herself in between the couple and handing out some baseball bats to Dara and Krystal. Since Krystal already has a gun, Taeyeon gave it to Jessica. The awkwardness was visible and as if taeyon got burned with the sudden touching of their skin,she retreated her hand.

"Be careful." It was almost a whisper but the midget heard it and just nodded and as soon she turned around,we all saw how her lips formed a smile.

Yuri and Taeyeon has knifes tucked on their belts and I exchanged my riple for Jeno's hand gun. Its easier to carry and lighter.

"Dont open the door unless its us. Jeno, I trust you with my life, keep everyone safe till Im back." He nodded and I saw determination in his eyes.

"Lets do this." Yuri said.