Disconnected Line

Against All Odds

"Guys, theyre back on the line." Tiffany called out who immediately gathered around the small mobile phone on top of the table in the living room. Jeno was busy walking back and forth from the window to the door, keeping an eye out just in case some eaters will decide to pay them some visit.

"Come on midget, climb faster."

"Blame it to my short legs and my mama's genes."

"Guys we need to move faster, eaters are on the move towards us now."

Everyone could hear pants from the other lines, indicating that they were on the run.

"Babe..Be careful." Tiffany mummbled. 

Krystal and Jessica hel hands under the table, calming each other than and trying not to make the other worried.

"Are you inside the police station now?" Gunshots became their answers. All of them became more nervous than before, silently praying for their lovers to be safe.

"God, its scarier than watching a horror movie." Dara said.

"What's happening?" Jeno asked as he joined te girls on the floor.

"Amber's probably firing at those eaters."

".. ." Amber's voice was loud on the background.

"Die.. Die.. Die you mother ers." Tiffany laughed. He knew it was her goofy girlfriend.

"Yuri seems having so much fun." Jessica said.

"Well you know her Jess.. She's never been the serious type." Jessica only nodded.

The backgroud became silent and only breathings can be heard.

"We're fine. We're inside the police station now." It was Amber then was followed by Yuri bragging about how cool she was. "Ohh babe, Tiff you'll fall in love with me more if you've seen how I killed those eaters."

"Aissssh..What now?" Came Taeyeon's irritated voice that made Jessica felt a little relieved hearing her ex-girlfriend voice.

"Grab everything you can.. Bullets, guns.. Be careful, we dont know if the station is clear yet."

"Dude, grenades." Yuri's voice seems so fascinated with whatever she's doing.

"Thats about it. Lets go.. I can hear growls now.."  They started running again since no one was talking and only pants were coming out of the mobile's speaker.

"Amber, we can use that truck."

" eaters.. Run to the truck I'll cover you up., .. .. Yuri.. duck.. that was close."

"Move your ing Kwon Yuri.."

"The hell with these es.. Mother ers.. Go die.." 

The first voice was Amber, then Taeyeon, then Yuri's before the loud explosion that made Tiffany, Krystal and Jessica sat upright and leaned forward to the phone.

"Amber come on.. Come on.. .. Where's Taeyeon? Where's Taeyeon, .. Damn it Kim Taeyeon, where are you?? Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." 

"What happened?" Tiffany asked out taking the phone.

"The call was disconnected." Krystal's voice was shaking.

"The number you have dialled is either unattended or out of coverae area, please try your call again later." The voice prompt said when Tiffany tried to call their girlfriends number. 

Jessica felt her eyes wattered. The last thing she heard Yuri said was where's Taeyeon.. Did something bad happen to her?

Jessica stood up and turned to Taeyeon's bedroom, not wanting everyone to see her tears fell, but as soon as she closed the door behind her she felt her knees gave up and her cheeks then was drenched with tears strolling down to her shirt.

She hid her head in between her knees, hugging it closer to her chest as she let herself cry endlessly.